[patch - MapTool b89] VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug fixes

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

[patch - MapTool b89] VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug fixes

Post by JamzTheMan »

Az, here is a patch that fixes two bugs in the VBL code. I separated the one out from Wyframe's patch in case it gets rejected due to current freeze policy.

The first fix for the proper use of "Facing", no brainer and thanks to Wyrframe!

The second is removing the forced thickness of 2 for drawPolygon function. It turned out to be to restrictive and allowing 0 thickness allows for more precise replication of complicated shapes such as those returned by the PathIterator from an Area. If you pass no Thickness, it still defaults to 2 so it's backward compatible with macros written in b89, but you can explicitly set a Thickness of 0 now.

*Note: This patch is based off the code currently in SVN and not reformatted using the standard MT code style preference. If you would like to reformat the code after you apply the patch and then check that it, it will then be in the proper code "style" for future patches.
Attachments
PATCH - VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug fixes.txt
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by JamzTheMan on Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [patch - MatpTool b89] VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug f

Post by Azhrei »

I see this thread, but am I waiting for additional fixes? Will they be here or somewhere else? I'll hold off on these (this and the other one I read a few minutes ago) until I hear from you.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [patch - MatpTool b89] VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug f

Post by JamzTheMan »

Azhrei wrote:I see this thread, but am I waiting for additional fixes? Will they be here or somewhere else? I'll hold off on these (this and the other one I read a few minutes ago) until I hear from you.
Ya, there's a related VBL fix here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23671

And a unrelated patch here as well: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23566

And Wyrframe has a patch that includes the Facing fix but not the Polygon fix but has new parameters here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23567
(not sure how best to view a split fix merge like that, worst case if you check in the patch from my thread here, I'll create another patch based on that)
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [patch - MapTool b89] VBL Facing and Draw Polygon bug fi

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, got all of those (already had one of them). I'll see about getting them committed tonight. Thanks!

Return to “Testing”