Can't figure this one out

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Can't figure this one out

Post by Azhrei »

If you're familiar with building the source code I could really use a hand with this.

I'm cleaning up the last few patches before b90 and I've hit a problem. I've committed code to SVN that *should* work but doesn't. If you'll check out rev 5950 and look in AppActions.java you'll see a call to JOptionPane.showOptionDialog() on line 2363.

That call has some HTML embedded in a String which is passed to the method, yet the JLabel that is created internally to hold the string isn't rendering it properly -- there's no BOLD around the word "experimental". (No, this isn't the real code I was writing, but I wanted a simpler test case and this is it.)

I've tried creating the JLabel myself and putting the string in it, then passing that to the method but it still doesn't display properly.

This is on OSX using the 64-bit J6 configuration shown below. I may have screwed something up with my recent J8 problems, so if you try this and it works, PLEASE let me know. I could be banging my head against the wall for a non-problem that works everywhere else. My next step is going to be to install a virtual (and pristine) OSX and try it there.

Code: Select all

$ /usr/libexec/java_home -V
Matching Java Virtual Machines (3):
    1.7.0_21, x86_64:	"Java SE 7"	/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_21.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_45-b06-451, x86_64:	"Java SE 6"	/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home
    1.6.0_45-b06-451, i386:	"Java SE 6"	/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

[...]
$ _
I've told Eclipse to use the second one, but even if I change it to the first one (J7) it still doesn't render properly. Thanks!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Can't figure this one out

Post by JamzTheMan »

I'm no SVN expert so maybe I'm missing it or looking in the wrong place but I don't see your revision?

Latest revision for maptool I see is 5944, and latest for class AppActions is 5937 from 4/12/13?
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Are you using the new URL? SourceForge just went through an upgrade process for RPTools and the URL changed. 5944 is probably the last revision checked in to the old URL. (I'm surprised it still works; I thought the email I got from them said they were turning it off.)

Check the Developer Notes thread on how to get the source code -- I've updated the URL therein.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

It checks out fine; the word was highlighted in bold on my test.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Azhrei wrote:Are you using the new URL? SourceForge just went through an upgrade process for RPTools and the URL changed. 5944 is probably the last revision checked in to the old URL. (I'm surprised it still works; I thought the email I got from them said they were turning it off.)

Check the Developer Notes thread on how to get the source code -- I've updated the URL therein.

Ah yes, that's it! I must have missed the post regarding the change. I'll have to fix that. Doesn't seem to be a way to "change" the URL in Eclipse? Looks like I have to add the new URL and checkout the code again?
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Lee wrote:It checks out fine; the word was highlighted in bold on my test.
Darn, sorry to hear that... That probably means my Java install is still screwed up somehow. I'll look into that later and just assume that my HTML will render properly. I can check it in my Linux VM when I do the build.
JamzTheMan wrote:Doesn't seem to be a way to "change" the URL in Eclipse? Looks like I have to add the new URL and checkout the code again?
You should be able to use Team > Switch... and put in the new URL and that's it. It didn't work for me though (maybe my Subclipse plugin was too old? or maybe it's related to my URL changing from https to svn+ssh?). I shut down Eclipse and did the deed from the command line, then told Eclipse to rescan the workspace at startup and that worked. I think SF has a link on their page somewhere about how to switch the URL but it's based entirely on the command line.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Okay, now this is going to sound like I'm running Windows but I can assure you I'm not...

I stopped and restarted Eclipse and it works fine.

I hate computers. Sigh.

Return to “Testing”