bugs in latest patched version

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: bugs in latest patched version

Post by JamzTheMan »

I have some time this week so looking into defect #7. Are defects #1 and #6 still broken as well? (I thought #1 was cleared up and working now after our DB project?)
-Jamz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

This topic has been discussed before, but I don't know what the current status is. What I *do* know is that its NOT fixed in the b90-test version.

The issue is that a cone light source ALSO adds a circular lightsource around the token. Now after a lengthy discussion IRC it was decided that also lighting the cell where the token is in is preferred (not by me though) else you have only a small part of the token visible.

What is broken is that (at least on a 50px grid with medium sized token and e.g. the following lightsource:

Code: Select all

Suppress 30: aura cone arc=45 15#ffff80
light issue.jpg
light issue.jpg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 5657 times
there are two issues with this.
1. the obvious one: the circular light source is not limited to the token.
2. this function should not be applied for auras (as they are NOT a light source)

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

A patch for this has already been submitted. It fixes conical light and has another patch on the same thread that takes away the footprint IIRC.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Thread is here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23080

And confirmed none of the patches submitted has been checked into SVN. I currently have my patch applied to my Nerps build. Az and/or the powers to be with SVN authority need to make a decision and apply the/a patch.
-Jamz

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

I cannot replicate #6 and #8. There must be more going on in these. With regard to #8, are there associated frames for these tokens? Anything special about their character sheets?

Could you update #9 to say that there is an "not yet applied" fix, like what you did for #6?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Lee wrote:I cannot replicate #6 and #8. There must be more going on in these. With regard to #8, are there associated frames for these tokens? Anything special about their character sheets?

Could you update #9 to say that there is an "not yet applied" fix, like what you did for #6?
8 happend on à clean map with one token dragend onto it. 6... Try deleting 10 + tokens with and without the impersonation panel active and a token impersonated. 9 is done as requested.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

wolph42 wrote: 8 happend on à clean map with one token dragend onto it. 6... Try deleting 10 + tokens with and without the impersonation panel active and a token impersonated. 9 is done as requested.
hmm. I still cannot replicate either, that might be a good thing, no? Thanks for #9.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Lee wrote:
wolph42 wrote: 8 happend on à clean map with one token dragend onto it. 6... Try deleting 10 + tokens with and without the impersonation panel active and a token impersonated. 9 is done as requested.
hmm. I still cannot replicate either, that might be a good thing, no? Thanks for #9.
Well yes and no. It means it doesn't happen for everyone. I'm using java 7 64bit in windows 8. Does that help?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Lee wrote:hmm. I still cannot replicate either, that might be a good thing, no?
Well yes and no. It means it doesn't happen for everyone. I'm using java 7 64bit in windows 8. Does that help?
Are all of these bugs new bugs that are only in the patched version?

I'm using 64 bit Java 7 (u45) with Windows 8 (64) on b89 and I can not reproduce #8 or #6 either.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

I did my checking using the b90 code that was in the repository. I don't have a Windows 8 machine set up, so I can't answer your question for certain. Perhaps you could test on a Windows 7- machine?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

We'll for reference you could try using the released build. You can find it through the bag of tricks link in my sig. Maybe it's fixed in the repos.

badsequel
Giant

Post by badsequel »

Bug #6 : unnable to replicate.
Deleting tokens works like a charm, panel open or not, 1 impersonated. 30 tokens

Setup: win 8.1,64bit, java 7u45, 1.3.b90 from Wolphs sig.
My shared rpg stuff:
(exe)TokenNameChanger3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqsof54v3dl2k ... 3.zip?dl=0
Tiddly Spell Wiki: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53pya4k68mnvc ... ddly01.htm

Stuff to check out:
Mote Kickstarter(back it): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/74 ... abletop-ev

Return to “Testing”