Campaign Journal

Moderator: Wargoose

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Campaign Journal

Post by Wargoose »

26 Olarune 998 YK

We picked up our prisoner today. I would like to say that it was uneventful, but I would be lying. Someone had gotten there before us and had replaced the guards. We don't know if they were there to kill the prisoner or to rescue him. Our Deneith contact said that he was going to find out but we'll see (I really don't care for him too much. He is smug and hasn't even cared enough to give his name to us.) Either way, we escaped with the prisoner and the real guards before the mob outside got in. We returned to the Enlcave to unload the guards before we leave for the Lightning Rail station.

Tarys

shamballa
Giant

Re: Campaign Journal

Post by shamballa »

26 Olarune 998 YK

Lady Luck seems to have seen fit to continue not to shine upon me. Promptly upon leaving the safehouse we were quickly assailed by some infant who demanded to join us and split the profits... but not before threatening to rob us all. To my awe the group then promptly agreed to let her join us. I thought the fact that Deneith had called them met they must have had an iota of common sense... but apparently the House of Deneith is far more desperate than I thought. But I will say this, the child is deadly with a bow. So she will prove to be useful. Just gotta keep an eye on her. Something is off with the child and I will be darned if that child will be the end of me.

But I digress! After boarding the train we were then informed by a guest that our horses were kicking everyone and we were to go to the stable to take care of them. It stank of a trap almost immediately... but it was better of to deal with them sooner rather than later. So with great amounts of planning we decided the best course of action would be to barge right in and completely forfeit any element of surprise. We managed to survive, leaving behind several dead bodies we will have to answer for. I'd hope that the rest of the trip would prove to be uneventful... but I know that will not be the case.

All in all it could have been worse.... we could have gone through the mournlands. I realize that I will in fact have to return one day... but that does not mean I look forward to my homecoming.

Return to “Sellswords of Eberron”