Adventurers

Moderator: Wargoose

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Re: Adventurers

Post by Wargoose »

imperialjunkie wrote:Basically he's a dragonmarked heir of Kundarak who is working as a liaison with Deneith in transporting prisoners to Dreadhold, which is run by the House. His runepriest powers are not related to divine powers, but rather are an expression of his dragonmark at work. Given that, I'd love to switch out the default Religion with Arcana, but that's up to the DM.
I'm ok with that....but....you have to work into your background that the reason you are a liaison is that you were forced into because others in the house were jelous/afraid of you because you were diffrent then most. This will mean that sometimes, you might run into interference within the house when you need them...not always, but sometimes. (Not word for word, but you get the idea).
-- \\/argoose --
LFR - Lucan, Elf Ranger H1 Where has Lucan been? | RPGA# 9214081275 | Skype: dtab55 | Style: Explorer/Watcher | High, Low... Doesn't matter, I came to kick some goblin a$$

DM - Sellswords of Eberron

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

I've expanded my back story a little bit (keeping the Q'Bara angle). I've also switched from Endurance to Streetwise, as it fit the new ideas better.

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Wargoose if it is cool I'm probably going to reflavor my powers. Effects and mechanics will stay the same but I'm going to try to change everything else to make it fit my background more.

Really ready to play this sat. It has been a long time since I was a player in a campaign. :P

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Post by Wargoose »

All good with me. I dont consider anything final until we start, and even then everything is negotiable.
-- \\/argoose --
LFR - Lucan, Elf Ranger H1 Where has Lucan been? | RPGA# 9214081275 | Skype: dtab55 | Style: Explorer/Watcher | High, Low... Doesn't matter, I came to kick some goblin a$$

imperialjunkie
Giant

Post by imperialjunkie »

Changed my wishlist a little for the runepriest, and I wrote a short little background. All on page 1 of this thread.

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

I'm likely going to switch up my backstory a bit, but not sure I'll get it done before tomorrow

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Post by Wargoose »

Thats ok. We will be able to work around it. As long as you have a basic. It's not like the PCs are going to hand out resumes to each other.
-- \\/argoose --

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Mine will. Erick also can summon the tortured souls of his references if need be. :p

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

My PC
Syl
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Syl, level 1
Human, Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Cunning
Human Power Selection: Bonus At-Will Power
Background: Karrnath, Pivotal Event - Escape, Born Under a Bad Sign, Out for Revenge, Society - Wealthy (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 8, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 8, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16.

AC: 16 Fort: 11 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 30 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
History +8, Arcana +8, Insight +6, Perception +6, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +2, Heal +5, Intimidate +8, Nature +5, Religion +7, Stealth +4, Streetwise +8, Thievery +4, Athletics +3

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Human: Improved Majestic Word
Level 1: Bard of All Trades

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Staggering Note
Bard at-will 1: Jinx Shot
Bonus At-Will Power: Cutting Words
Bard encounter 1: Prophesied Strike
Bard daily 1: Arrow of Warning

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Longbow, Arrows (60), Hide Armor, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Waterskin, Trail Rations (10), Sunrod (2), Standard Identification Papers, Belt Pouch (empty)
RITUALS
Glib Limerick, Traveler's Chant
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======
background
She has made little mention of her past. Anyone who wants to know will have to dig it out of her.
ID description
Height 5'2”
Weight: 105 lbs
Race: Human
Homeland: Aundair
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Wish List
Songbow of Vanishment +1
Ectoplasmic Armor +1
Amulet of Seduction +1

Escape Tattoo
Headband of Perception
Gloves of Agility
I'm open to any power or ritual suggestions. Just let me know.
Last edited by Lethys on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

martyr2
Cave Troll

Post by martyr2 »

Just a few things looking at your char. Encounter and Daily powers look like they work good with our party, as does the skill monkeyness of him.

1. Why is CON his dump stat?
2. Why the uneven CHA and DEX scores?
3. Might wanna choose a background =)
4. Cutting Words seems....icky, as you dont wanna Pull a creature to your squishy self... (Vicious Mockery would be better imo)
5. For traveling, you may want to look at Travellers Chant, but Bard rituals are kinda meh at 1st lvl
6. Why no hide? -1 to the physical skills isnt really a killer for him, but extra ac is really wanted.

Just my thoughts. Your character so your choices as always =)
RPGA #5223868560
Skype ID: greatoak70

LFR Characters
Chotak, lvl 5 Brutal Scoundrel Rogue
Sil Gridolin, lvl 2 Earthstrength Warden
Zorgo, lvl 1 Two Blade Ranger

Lethys
Dragon

Post by Lethys »

1. I kinda imagine my Bard being a bit scrawny.
2. Since I decided against going for 20 Cha in favor of an extra Int, I wasn't sure what to do with the extra points. If I go for 18 Cha instead, I guess the rest would go into Dex for bonuses to thievery. This is something that might change before the game starts.
3. Already in mind. =) Btw, my Bard is kinda a liar
4. I wanted to go for something situational for my 3rd at will, since I'm sure one of my at-wills will end up dominating the others. Figure since staggering note gives me push, cutting words makes me more well rounded with pull. Besides, Vicious Mockery only has an added effect 1 in 10 hits.
5. The bard rituals are kinda minimal at level 1. I have no preference to any ritual so it depends on what everyone else thinks will be useful.
6. RP wise, my bard would favor lighter armor. On the other hand, -1 to some skills isn't as much as -1 AC so I probably should do hide instead.
It's a secret to everybody
7c610ad22d7089548d885c2cfc352d1a

martyr2
Cave Troll

Post by martyr2 »

Yeah, the being scrawny/weak/sickly definitely mandates some protection lol. Since you cant take a hit (20hp at lvl one is...cringe-worthy for me heh), gotta make sure you arent gettin hit =).

Mind explaining what you mean about the vicious mockery only effecting 1 in 10 hits?
RPGA #5223868560

LFR Characters

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Lethys wrote:1. I kinda imagine my Bard being a bit scrawny.
2. Since I decided against going for 20 Cha in favor of an extra Int, I wasn't sure what to do with the extra points. If I go for 18 Cha instead, I guess the rest would go into Dex for bonuses to thievery. This is something that might change before the game starts.
3. Already in mind. =) Btw, my Bard is kinda a liar
4. I wanted to go for something situational for my 3rd at will, since I'm sure one of my at-wills will end up dominating the others. Figure since staggering note gives me push, cutting words makes me more well rounded with pull. Besides, Vicious Mockery only has an added effect 1 in 10 hits.
5. The bard rituals are kinda minimal at level 1. I have no preference to any ritual so it depends on what everyone else thinks will be useful.
6. RP wise, my bard would favor lighter armor. On the other hand, -1 to some skills isn't as much as -1 AC so I probably should do hide instead.
1) Just be careful eh?
2) I did the same with Erick
3) I think Syl and Erick are going to be good friends.
4) I honestly think i would choose guiding strike over cutting words. But either/or works. Cutting words would be good in helping the defenders get in the face of skirmishers or artillery. Or pulling them into detrimental effects/setting up for aoes or closeburst powers... which with an elemental wizard will tend to be pretty much most of his powers. Guiding Strike would be good for setting up novas... but again both will work wonderfully with the party.
6) Agree with martyr2... I would go for the hide.

I think he meant that it only improves one's chance of not being hit by 10%. It might deal with the fact that Lethys might prefer powers that when they hit you know they are going to be effective as opposed to something that may or may not prove to be trivial.

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Also with War's permission redid Erick to make him a Wild Sorcerer.

martyr2
Cave Troll

Post by martyr2 »

Problem with guiding strike is it requires a melee weapon. With him being so squishy, ttrying to mix it up in melee is just multiple forms of bad.

Although for Mockery, the -2 is 10% absolute, but most monsters are not gonna be hitting on a 2, so its relative value goes up. If they hit on a 10, -2 is 20% of their hit, and it applies to NADs, and stacks with the defender's mark penalty too. I like it, but your choice ;). Id stay away from guiding strike though heh.
RPGA #5223868560

LFR Characters

Return to “Archive”