House Rules, Character Creation, and Play Times.

Moderator: Shadowfireomega

Shadowfireomega
Giant

House Rules, Character Creation, and Play Times.

Post by Shadowfireomega »

House Rules

1. Double Critical- If you make a critical threat, Then roll a natural 20, roll again, if you hit you deal damage as if you hit two criticals (x3 damage for a x2 crit weapon, x5 for a x3 crit weapon, and x7 for a x4 crit weapon) This happens ONLY on a natural 20 on a confirmation of a critical hit, regardless of weapons critical hit range. If you do not hit the "Double Critical" you deal normal critical damage.

2. Critical Success- If you roll a natural 20 on a mental skill (one ruled by INT,WIS, or CHA) or in combat, treat it as if you rolled a 30. If you roll a 20 on a physical skill (One ruled by STR,DEX, or CON) treat it as if you rolled a 25
Examples:
-A 3rd level fighter with 18 str, a mwk Longsword, and weapon focus (Longsword), rolls a 20, with modifiers and this rule, his result is treated as a 39, and can hit anything at or below 39 AC.

-A 5th level rogue with str 14, 8 ranks in jump, and no armor, tries to jump a 35ft chasm, rolls a 20, with modifiers and this rule, her result is treated as a 35, just enough to clear the chasm. Skill results of this type represent pushing your body further than normally possible.

-A 15th level Barbarian with 5 ranks in bluff, 15 CHA, 18 ranks in intimidate, and the persuasive feat, is squeezing information from a captured enemy, the enemy however is an opposing captain (hostile), he rolls a 20, with modifiers and this rule, his result is 55, enough to make the prisoner spill his guts (friendly). Skill results of this type represent lucky breaks, like stumbling upon a weakness(which could be the case above), finding the right person (using gather information), getting the perfect component (craft), getting an especially gracious tip or heavy business day(profession), and the like.

3. Critical Failures- (all attack rolls stated in this rule leave out ruling ability modifier (str or dex))
-If you roll a natural 1 in melee combat, roll a d10, count adjacent squares starting from north clockwise, (9 being your square, 10 being none,) and if a creature occupies the square indicated by your result, roll an attack roll to determine if you hit their AC, if you do, deal damage as normal, criticals (and double criticals) do apply.

-For ranged projectile weapons, roll a d% if you roll 1-10, you make a attack roll against your closest ally, 11-20 against the closest enemy, and 20-23 you and the weapon each automatically take unmodified damage from the weapon, ignoring the weapons hardness.

-Critical Failures with thrown weapons follow the rules for missing with a thrown weapon (PH 138) but instead roll a d10 (9 being actual targeted square, if 10 roll a d8 and it just lands there) and make an attack against the AC of anything in the square.

This represents such things like slipping or twitching at the wrong moment and accidentally hitting something after stumbling (melee or thrown), a critical malfunction in moving parts (like a crossbow), or shattering of ammunition (bow or crossbow).

critical failures apply on all skills as well.

4. Squares Containing Bodies- A square containing 2 medium (or the equivalent) bodies, it is treated as difficult terrain and costs 2 spaces to move across. If there are 3 or more, standing in this square becomes difficult, and you take a -2 penalty to attack, and a -1 penalty to avoid being tripped per body larger then small. If there are 5 or more bodies, you take an additional -2 to your attack and also loose your dex bonus to your AC. If there are 10 or more medium (or equivalent) bodies in one square, it becomes an obstacle, and allows Total cover for creatures smaller then small, cover for small creatures, and half cover for medium creatures.

5. Feats with prerequisites- If a feat has any feat prerequisite(s), you cannot take any of the prerequisites and the feat at the same level(unless you are 1st level).

Example: A fighter is taking her 6th level feats (1 from 6th lvl character and 1 from class) and wants weapon specialization(Spiked Chain), but does not have weapon focus with spiked chains, so she takes weapon focus(Spiked Chain) so she has one more feat to chose, but since she just learned how to focus with the spiked chain, she has yet to gain enough experience with it to specialize in it, she cannot choose weapon specialization(Spiked Chain) until she gains at least one level. However, during her training before setting out on her own (pre-1st level), one of her first lessons was to trade accuracy for power (power attack), before she left on her own, she was taught how to continue an attack after felling an opponent(cleave).

REVISION HISTORY:
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Character Creation

Characters are created in any of the following ways:

Standard roll (4d6 ignore lowest)
32 point buy
Custom elite array: 18 16 14 11 10 8

9.5k gold starting at 5th level

No one item more then 50% of this value, and no two others combined over 25%.
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Play Times.

Core play times will be Sundays from 12 noon (CST) on to about 4.

Unfortunatly we will only be able to do the one day from now on.

Miscellaneous activities (solo endevours such as crafting weapons, magic items, ect.) or solo "quests" (maybe minor xp but not enough to give an advantage over others, things like "travel to meet new people", "Search for a suitable location for a stronghold", or "Attempt to locate a rare material") can be done on any day, but note that I may not be able to connect to maptool servers friday-monday inclusive, so rolls will be handled accordingly.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Return to “World of Omegus”