First land in WoO posts all merged and locked.

Moderator: Shadowfireomega

Shadowfireomega
Giant

First land in WoO posts all merged and locked.

Post by Shadowfireomega »

WARNING: THE UN-STORYIZED VERSIONS ARE EXCERPTS FROM ACTUAL GAMEPLAY! THERE IS FOUL LANGUAGE RUN AMOK. WILL EVENTUALLY BE REMOVED, BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME ON THAT.

The first land in the World of Omegus is a temperate land, with a good mixture of races, including Humans, Gnomes, Halfling, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Dwarves and Elves. This land is called Digrasal (Dee graw sall).
Humans build settlements wherever life can be supported and seem to be neutral in matters of race.
Gnomes generally mingle well with the more intelligent members of all the other races.
Halflings lead a nomadic life, often leading trade caravans and being generally well revived by most.
Half-Elves tend to do well around both Human and Elves, but are never taken in easily at first, and tend to be vary wary around Half-orcs and quiet around Dwarves.
Half-orcs struggle to fit in anywhere, being seen as brutes and bullies no matter what they are really like, and tend to keep away from Dwarves and Elves, whom distrust them immensely.
Dwarves do well with humans, halflings and gnomes, but get a bit edgy around the "unpredictable" Elves, and always have a hand on their weapon when a Half-orc is nearby.
The Elves themselves are a joyous people, enjoying life as only one with so much could, they get along great with all besides Half-orcs (which they despise because of their brutish parentage, but usually stay polite if not distant when dealing with them) and Dwarves (which whom they constantly annoy with subtle manners and hidden jokes).

In this land in the town of Daminkis (Da mean kiss) is where we start our journey.

Three strangers are in a marketplace, each unknowing of the adventures they will share with each other.

The barbarian is casually browsing at the blacksmithy, where he just purchased a new javelin to replace one he lost during a practice a week past.

The druid is busy discussing various healing herbs with an old acquaintance whom runs the botany.

The cleric was just passing through, when he saw an injured pup held by a sobbing child, and bandaged it up.

As the cleric finished his bandaging, as the druid was still discussing herbs, and just as the barbarian was about to inquire about an interesting weapon, a woman burst onto the street shouting, "Help, help! Someone please help me! Giant bugs are attacking my masters house!"

The cleric quickly said goodbye to the child and ran to help, the barbarian hearing the woman rushed to her aide, hoping for a good fight, and the druid, merely curious about giant bugs, ran over to see what the fuss was about.

The woman gladdened by the response, but still worried pours out, "Quickly there is not much time, I fear some of my fellow apprentices may be in grave danger, I will explain to you on the way, but we must go now!"

and so the story begins, Players, what do you do?
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Re: The first land in the World of Omegus.

Telling them only her name (Vaerieal) and they must hurry, they set off for her masters house. When they arrived at the house, Vaerieal explained to them "This morning we recived a number of crates, they were here when we awoke, and each had a letter describing where they were to be placed. We naturally assumed that they were purchased by our master and delivered by a curriour. After the last one was placed, however, a previously unseen seal started to glow, and from each erupted giant bugs, centipedes I believe they are called... we were barley able to get out alive, poor Joseph stayed behind and locked two of the larger ones into a room, and I fear the worst. They were all down in the basement when I left, and I left one of the other apprentices to gaurd the stairs." As she arrives at the end of the hall, she asks someone unseen "Anything?"
"No, Joseph... he stopped screaming... some time ago." replied the somber mage-to-be.
"Fear not, we will roust the insects for you" commented the barbarian.
"There may yet be hope for this Joseph." added the holy man.
"Comin or what?" asked the druid, already halfway down the stairs, a flame suddenly leaping from his hand.

As they descended the stairs the party discovered that they were in a room filled with buckets. A torch adorned the west wall, a door the other. Taking the lead, the barbarian takes the torch and hands it off to the cleric,"We may need this" and handed it to the cleric, who gladly took it. Going to the door, the massive human put his ear to it and listened. Hearing nothing from the other side of the thick wood, he nodded to the druid and cleric, whom both nodded in return. Bursting through the door, the barbarian stopped in awe, the centipede in front of him was at least four times the size of any of the local cats, easily the size of a small dog. What was more, well... there was more... at least two or three more. Dodging the first of the giant insects fell upon him, the barbarian continued to defend the narrow doorway whilst his allies begun to act. The first panicked thought of the cleric, unaccustomed to battle as he was, was fight fire with fire. In the midst of the giant arthropods yet another appeared, albeit glowing red and with a gleam of hatred burning in its eye, it nevertheless had to obey its master, turned its body, and bit off half the head of its earthly brethren whom fell to the floor mortally wounded. Unknown to the humans, the sound of the battle alerted four more of the centipedes, who immediately headed for the battle, hoping for some even fresher meat then they had been feasting on. Hand ablaze, the druid bounded over to the door, hand ablaze, poised himself to strike. An unwary 'pede snipped at the barbarian, nimbly dodging a fiery thrust made by the druid, and sank its pincers laced with poison into the leg of the unlucky rager. Feeling his muscles stiffen, the barbarian took a step backward, and skewered the multi-legged creature, severing it from side to side. Not to be shown up, the cleric leaped into the fray, jumping out into the hallway and onto one of the centipedes, in one swift move popping off the segment that was its head, and just then noticing the bounding quartet of the hideous creatures coming his way. One made his way in front of the druid, whom swiftly dispatched it with a chop of fire into it's nape, the fire disappearing from his hand into the body of the unwilling recipient.

By this time however, the quartet had reached the midpoint of the hall, and were already running toward the cleric full-speed, dodging the first set of mandibles, a second sunk into his arm, slowing his movements somewhat. A third attempted to run past the doorway, but the barbarian's guisarme was there to meet it, slicing it down the side, green ooze sluicing out of the massive wound. "FOR KORD" yelled the barbarian, falling into a rage deep enough to shake mountains, and lunged at another enemy, slicing it cleanly in two. Sidestepping through the doorway, the druid nimbly brought up his scimitar and severed four legs from one of the final two and digging deeply into its side, dropping it were it stood. The final oponet stood before the cleric, but not for long, grabbing the horrid things head and smashing it into its knee.

Covered in green sludge, the cleric said, "That wasn't so bad, right?"

Looking down the hallway, they see that there are eight more doors, five on the east side, and three on the west, not including the one they just came through.

"One box in each room she said?" inquired the druid.
"Yes", replied the barbarian, seeming weak after his adrenaline rush,"One box delivered to each room."

"Well... they aren't all so small." commented the cleric, already peering through the south-most door on the east wall.

"No, they are not." agreed the barbarian after slamming shut the next door in line, which contained a room full of vegitables and dry meat, a pair of hobgoblin sized centipedes were munching on the latter.

"They aren't so bad" replied the druid, waltzing into the room the cleric had been spying on through the door. A few steps more could have been fatal, seeing as there was a mass of writhing, acidic goo on the floor, the result of two centipedes about the same size of the ones feasting on the dried meat knocking over what looked to be an assortment of lab equipment. The problem was, the 'pedes really wanted out, and the druid just got in the way of that goal.

Raising his hands above his head, the cleric shouted "CORSON GIVE ME STRENGTH!", and a soft glow encased him, allowing for the impossible sight that was moments away. Rushing into the room, he grabbed one of the centipedes, lifted the hundred or so pound bug above his head, and threw him ten feet into a table and down into the blue, writhing goo. Inspired by his ally, the barbarian plunged into the room, stopping short of the toxic spill, and slashed at the remaining adversary, missing by no more then the width of a hair. Dodging this attack, the monstrous centipede made a snap toward the druid, missed, and was abruptly ran through with its targets scimitar.

"Only seven rooms to go!" Said the cleric, as he rushed out the door to face his next challenge, the others following close behind.
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Discussion

If you need to get ahold of me, want to talk bout the campaign, discuss the level 5 characrers, tell me a few goals you want to set for your charcter, use this topic.

Speaking of the level 5 characters:
Can use any book as long as I'm given time to read up on it.
Flaws are allowed at a max of 2 at start.
Everyone gets a free bloodline feat from the d20 book Feats, if your race is not on there, we can work something out.
Will use action points from Eberron, no dragonmarks please, deities (for clerics) outside of the core rule books must be passed by me.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

ithildur
Cave Troll

Re: Discussion

Post by ithildur »

when everyone hits lvl 5 what I am going to do is allow a liquidation of all items at full price, then you get to choose any race/class I am familiar with (hint hint... tell me what books to read, an uncle just left me more then $1k worth of em) and re-create your characters and buy some stuff with the gold.

I already have a concept in mind that I'll need to run by you.

An Elven bladesinger type is something I've always enjoyed playing, and is an archetype since the days of 2e (really going back to 'Basic' DnD/Redbox days when 'Elf' was a class, not just a race, and all elves were fighter/mages.

Now,

3e/3.5e completely reworked the Bladesinger; there are fairly strict prereqs that are cross class for most Fighter/wizards (tumble, perform in the Races of Faerun version, add balance in the Complete Warrior version) and feat intensive (5 feats for ROF version, 4 for CW), as well as extremely narrow weapon/armor restrictions (longsword/rapier only, light armor only). I fully agree that it's a PrC that should not be easy to obtain, because they are iconic and legendary among elves, etc. and the weapon/armor restrictions are legacy from 2e... though elves in 2e used to get bonus to hit with longswords.

However, the problem is that the mechanics especially of the CW version ends up with a character that's very sub optimal, a very mediocre meleer who is terrible as a caster due to 5/10 caster progression. You end up losing as much as 9 caster lvls if you go for 4 lvls of fighter say, to get the feats; this alone makes it much much worse than the easier to qualify for Eldritch Knight who loses out maybe 2 caster lvls, and can use a two hander, shield, dual wield, whatever. The result is that the CW bladesinger is far far from being an iconic/legendary elite class; the sample build WOTC shows is embarrassingly bad.

The RoF version is better overall, but uses a separate small spellbook which a lot of classes did in 3e; again the problem is it doesn't fit the archetype of the elite elven fighter/mage. Why would the elven fighter/mage of all races be worse as casters than other races?

I've tried a couple of solutions with various DMs, and seen others propose different retakes on the Bladesinger over on GiantInthePlayground forums. The simplest, requiring only one none core book, is to use the RoF version but go with a 7/10 or 8/10 caster progression rather than CW's 5/10. It's still behind the EK by about 5 caster lvls due to the prereqs, but is a better meleer and has a few nifty abilties that help make up for it. I've run this in a tabletop game and the results seemed quite balanced through lvl 7/8ish; the party druid and barbarian were the obvious MVPs and the bladesinger was probably the third most effective character (our cleric and wizard were clueless in this game or else they'd have been #2 and #3).

The other option is to take a few CW Bladesinger lvls and the rest EK, but I'm not a big fan on multiple PrCs; not sure how you feel about that.

I've also tried a Warblade4/wizard2/Bladesinger using Flaws to get enough feats to qualify; it adds a few nifty low lvl tricks from Book of Nine Swords, nothing overwhelming, and adds an interesting flavor. Here's the character sheet I've got for such a character currently at lvl 7 with very high stats:

http://rpgwebprofiler.neohat.net/view.php?id=716

Pretty decent, a good meleer with mediocre HPs but good AB, very good AC, pretty good saves, but very mediocre dmg output, with access to a handful of spells up to lvl 2. He's probably comparable to a Paladin, which is a base class, though the paladin can do a lot more damage using a two hander/smiting and has more HPs (the paladins in this campaign are much more powerful btw, though they are lvl 8...)

Warblade is from Book of Nine Swords, not sure if you're familiar with that. It's a fairly new book for me as well; people either love it or hate it - it adds a lot more useful options for warrior types which at higher levels means they don't feel as useless compared to casters.

Finally, there are homebrews over on the Giant forums that are much more interesting, but imo are more powerful than the EK; they're good for optimized games but probably not such a good fit for Core-ish games.

Shadowfireomega
Giant

CURRENTLY IN ROOM 4
Druid Summons hyena
Barbarian: Right, we need to make haste, in case there's anyone we can help down here

Amaranth:BARK!

Barbarian: Looks like potions maybe on that table?

Cleric: Careful of that goo, I dont like the look of it...

the centipede swiftly dissolves away

Barbarian heading back out...

Cleric: Wow...

Druid: Check the table, see if any of those pots are any good
Cleric: I climb over the table on the south to gt to the potions

Barbarian: Go ahead, I probably couldn't tell what's in the bottles anyway. I'm going to check the next door

Cleric Pick up all the potions

there are 16 non labled, filled potions

* Tars listens at door number three, past the one Niik is standing by ????- No clue what door

Barbarian hears the sound of many centipedes wreckin the place up
Niik:
my bad lol
Shadowfire:
how are you attempting to identify them hedd
Hedd:
Urrm, by eye I guess
* Barbarian makes a motion silently to Druid, pointing at the door, then making crawly movements with fingers
Potions: eight of them seem to be a clear liquid, the other eight are half-half light yellow and green.
Druid Tells hyena gaurd door
* Tars speaks quietly, almost a whisper, "centipedes, but no one screaming or such"
* Tars moves to the next door
Hedd whispers: I take them all, then attempt to put some of the blue goo into one of my empty flasks I have
* Tars listens again, pressing ear to door

Niik:
I don't like leaving all these pedes here to bite us in the donkey later.
You whisper to ithildur: you cannot hear anything through this door
* Tars pulls his ear away from the door and shakes his head

Tars:
"I can't hear anything"
You whisper to Hedd: roll a d20

Niik:
Want me to try?

Tars:
((wait, can we see what looks like a corpse there at the end of the hallway?))
* Hedd rolls to you: 1d20 => 11
You whisper to ithildur: click on it
Hedd whispers: it work?

Tars:
((....
You whisper to Hedd: you succeed on containing the goo
* Tars curses, pointing down the hallway

Hedd:
Ok, Im donw here, what are you guys doing

Tars:
"we're too late."

Niik:
So much for rescue.
Hedd whispers: the potions are in my backpack

Niik:
Lets make sure hes not alive before we leave him though.
* Tars nods grimly and moves towards the body
Niik:
Set Amaranth to guard me.
Hedd:
I cast a cure minor wounds on the body.
Niik:
you could do a heal check first lol

Tars:
I'm no healer... maybe one of you can make sure
Hedd:
I have a really crappy heal check... :/
Shadowfire:
as you get closer you see that he is not breathing, and that he is cluching a key in his left hand
Niik:
me too lol

Hedd:
Nope, he's dead...

Hedd:
Definatly.

Tars:
((you guys have positive wisdom modifiers at least

Hedd:
((heh

Hedd:
((you have int at least

Hedd:
Wait... He's holding something

Niik:
Well in any case should we clear out the pedes or see where this key takes us?
Shadowfire:
btw guys, alomost everything here is clickable

Hedd:
I think we should take it just in case, this may be the lead we need in finding out who did this
Hedd:
Takes the key*

Tars:
We have no good news to bring the woman yet. *shrugs*
Niik:
hey yea im able to click on stuff i can't see yet too
Shadowfire:
umm.. dont do that....
Hedd:
Lol

Tars:
Rest in peace, poor wretch. *whispers a prayer*

Niik:
Circle of Life
* Tars looks expectantly to Hedd
Shadowfire:
*the body lets out a nasty fart*
* Tars jumps

Niik:
LMAO WTF WAS THAT?!?

Tars:
Is that... normal?

Hedd:
I-

Hedd:
What the heck is going on here?!

Niik:
try the door next to his body
Niik:
Im going to move up over his corpse and try the door to see if it opens
* Tars is staring at the body and Hedd
Shadowfire:
how far do you push it?
Niik:
All the way open if it lets me
Shadowfire:
init
Niik:
lol

Hedd:
There's nothing I can do!
Shadowfire:
This appears to have been a storage room for grain, for four barrels of it have been busted open, two larger centipedes and two smaller centipedes are busy muching away, until you waltz in of course, then they seem to see a tastier meal.
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 18 + 4 = 22
Niik:
score
Hedd:
? initatitivw?
Table D20 (Tars):
Niik:
thats what the man said
* Hedd rolls: d20+2 => 7 + 2 = 9

Tars:
((16
Shadowfire:
for wolf niik
Shadowfire:
urm, hyena
Hedd:
Doggy

Tars:
((lmao that is a hyena
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 20 + 2 = 22
Shadowfire:
O.O
Niik:
im on fire today
Hedd:
nice

Tars:
heh, you get to die first

Tars:
ooc
Shadowfire:
niik, you act first
Niik:
well by default shes been ordered to guard me so he action will be held to attack untill otherwise noted
Hedd:
I can't see in the room guys
Niik:
click on the room
Hedd:
ah
Hedd:
nvm
Niik:
i had that problem too lol

Tars:
(nor I. all we saw was Niik open the door
Niik:
i'll take the afo
Niik:
AofO rather
Shadowfire:
they be flat footed
Niik:
rock
Niik:
Im moving in caustiously with my scimitar and shield held high and attacking 67
Shadowfire:
roll
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 9 + 3 = 12

Niik:
BALLZ!!!
Shadowfire:
hit
Niik:
no feces?
* Niik rolls: d6+3 => 6 + 3 = 9
Shadowfire:
they flat footed... and he be down
Niik:
wowz . . .
* Tars blinks as he hears Niik shout some strange expressions

Niik:
HAVE AT THEE!!!

Tars:
((lol
Niik:
and that it for me
Shadowfire:
wanna give hyena a command?
Niik:
sure
Niik:
for some reason i can't see her from where i am, do i have ownership of her?
Shadowfire:
yea, but u can't see through her eyes
Niik:
ok thats kool but how do i move her then?
Shadowfire:
well first whats your command?
Niik:
Shes still on guard so she should be coming to me and holding her action to attack whatever attacks me.
Shadowfire:
k
Shadowfire:
fort niik
Shadowfire:
u took 3 damage
* Niik rolls: d20+6 => 6 + 6 = 12
Shadowfire:
u save
Niik:
darn
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
tars, ur go

Tars:
Let me guess... you found more centipedes in that room. *moves forward into the room*
Niik:
whoa, what happened?
Shadowfire:
?
Niik:
why did i have to ma?ke a fort save
Shadowfire:
poison
Hedd:
one of them stung you i guess
Niik:
oh chrsit im getting the chat lag again lol
Niik:
nm i see it now
* Tars attacks 64
Shadowfire:
roll
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 18 + 5 = 23
Shadowfire:
dayum
* Tars swings the polearm!
Niik:
shouldn't Amaranth's held action of taken place after the pede attacked me?
* ithildur rolls: 2d4+6 => 6 + 6 = 12
Niik:
nice attack

Tars:
((thx
Shadowfire:
it drops
* Tars grunts, looking for more
Niik:
i guess it doesn't matter now

Tars:
((done
Shadowfire:
23 attacking niik

Hedd:
There any left in there you guys?

Niik:
yea a couple
Shadowfire:
miss

Tars:
A couple more
Shadowfire:
hedd

Hedd:
Bring it on!

Tars:
You'd better hurry though, before they're all gone!
Hedd:
I run into the room
Hedd:
and attack 27
Hedd:
*grapple
Shadowfire:
roll
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+7 => 5 + 7 = 12
Shadowfire:
hit
Hedd:
And...
* Hedd rolls: 1d4+3 => 4 + 3 = 7

Niik:
These things should be called centepussys!
Shadowfire:
it is out!
Shadowfire:
Niik, your go
Hedd:
KO!
Niik:
Command Amaranth to move into attack 23, and as she is doing so I will attack 23 as well
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 6 + 3 = 9
Hedd:
Gang up on the tiny one
Shadowfire:
miss....

Niik:
BALZ
Hedd:
lol i forgot to add my size mod for the gpple check...

Niik:
should amaranth attack now or wait?
Shadowfire:
yea
Shadowfire:
roll
* Tars wonders why Hedd likes to hug creepy, crawly things
Niik:
?
Shadowfire:
for amaranth
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 12 + 3 = 15
Shadowfire:
hit, damage
* Niik rolls: d6+1 => 2 + 1 = 3
Niik:
Should i bother with the trip attempt?
Shadowfire:
umm... no, its head is in your hyenas mouth

Tars:
((yum

Amaranth:
NOM NOM NOMz
Niik:
done

Hedd:
I think you just got upstaged by your pet!

Tars:
((lol, he got called a hyena again

Niik:
Indeed I have, shes a good girl
Shadowfire:
oh, i have horrible spelling btw >.>
Niik:
he pets her head as she mows on the pede

Hedd:
OK, we need to look for clues to who put these crates here...

Hedd:
With all the bugs in them

Tars:
Weren't we told?

Niik:
Do the crates have a return adress?

Niik:
we were?

Hedd:
((dont think so
Shadowfire:
all you see on the crates are strange burn marks where a lock should be

Hedd:
((anyways, I serch the crate for anything that might help

Tars:
Hm...

Niik:
Im waiting out here while yall search the room
* Tars helps search any nearby crates

Tars:
((you guys have any search ranks?

Niik:
I have one

Hedd:
I think we can saflely assume that the centipeedes did most of the damage here...
Hedd:
none
Shadowfire:
besides the one larger crate, all you find are broken barrels full of grain

Tars:
((any markings on the crate?
Shadowfire:
only the scorch marks

Niik:
Scorch marks . . . what could that mean?
Hedd:
Im going to check the crate in the goo room, see if it has them too

Niik:
sounds good
Shadowfire:
it does

Tars:
((scorch marks?

Hedd:
It's on this one too!

Niik:
Should we attempt to recover all the crates for better clues?

Tars:
The woman mentioned a seal began to glow... before the creatures came out

Hedd:
Well, we could serch these other rooms...

Hedd:
Did she happen tosay what the seal looked like?

Niik:
Would hte locks have been the seals? realeasing what was in side?

Tars:
Sounds like the seals were magical. She said they weren't visible at first, or at least unseen. Then they began to glow...

Niik:
If only we had a mage with us . . . .

Hedd:
Sounds like sorcery to me too...

Tars:
she also mentioned letters indicating where the crates should be placed. Perhaps we can examine the letters

Niik:
Lets go recover the rest of the crates.

Tars:
Don't either of you have means to detect magic?

Niik:
Oh yea letters, where are they?

Niik:
Not i

Hedd:
((I listen at the other door next to the body

Hedd:
I do, but not prepped

Tars:
((no one prepped Detect Magic?

Niik:
Im a druid, why would i prep detect magic?
You whisper to Hedd: you hear the sound of wonton distruction from the other side

Hedd:
((I have some unprepped slots

Tars:
((for times like now? lol

Tars:
((what, druids don't use magic? XD

Niik:
Thats what mages are for, i grow plants and feces

Niik:
lol

Tars:
((and smoke them, right?

Hedd:
Hey guys, Theres something BIG going on in here!

Niik:
LETS DO EEEET

Hedd:
A fight or something!

Tars:
What is it? *rushes out*

Hedd:
Only one way to find out I guess...
Player "hedd," is not connected.
Player "Hedd," is not connected.

Hedd:
(( I cast enlarge person before kicking in the door

Tars:
((on who?
You whisper to Hedd: the door is locked and seems to open outward

Niik:
Amaranth, guard Tars

Hedd:
((Good point

Hedd:
((Me, the door is locked

Hedd:
((CAsting
Shadowfire:
quick warning.... celing is 10 feet high....

Niik:
Might want to wait till you get in to do that, cause you'll have to squeeze throught he doorway

Hedd:
urrm
* Tars looked to be about to bash the door, but stops and watches the casting

Hedd:
Large size is 10' isnt it?

Niik:
10/10
Shadowfire:
you double your size, quad your weight

Hedd:
Yea

Hedd:
Large is 10' high, 10' reach
Niik:
Technically you double your height but whaever

Hedd:
((eeh, what's the worst that could happen

Hedd:
((GO!
Niik:
I say doit
Shadowfire:
kk
Niik:
make your token lard

Tars:
((hopefully you haunch a bit, and don't hit your head on the ceiling
Niik:
Thats a big HEdd LMAO
Shadowfire:
as hedd grows, tars is pushed back

Hedd:
((I kick the door in!

Tars:
Oof.
Shadowfire:
roll
Shadowfire:
str check

Hedd:
kk
* Tars is probably still stronger than Hedd enlarged...
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+4 => 4 + 4 = 8
Niik:
owch

Hedd:
((darn...
Shadowfire:
no go
Niik:
ouch-a-witz

Tars:
Pah, stand aside
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+4 => 18 + 4 = 22
* Tars slams against the door
Shadowfire:
boom

Hedd:
Holy...
* Tars nods.

Hedd:
What... How...!?
Shadowfire:
As you open this door, you wish you hadn't. Two centipedes, each easily as long as twice your height and about twice your width, turn their attention away from tearing up the books that make up this (apparent) library, tword you, sensing fresh meat.

Tars:
((init?
Shadowfire:
yep
* Tars snorts
Table D20 (Tars):
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+2 => 4 + 2 = 6

Hedd:
((Aw mann...
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 6 + 4 = 10

Tars:
((+3, so 20!))

Niik:
Ballz to the wallz fellaz!

Hedd:
Charrge!
* Tars looks a little surprised

Tars:
((who goes first?

Niik:
Don't worry big fella, you can hug a pede to make you feal better. Just hug it out homie.
Shadowfire:
wolf
Shadowfire:
roll
Shadowfire:
darn, hyena
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 16 + 2 = 18

Tars:
((lol

Tars:
((can Tars shout out a warning atm?

Hedd:
((Lol can you fit past me nikk?
Shadowfire:
tars go
Niik:
yea i can move through you

Hedd:
kwlkwl
* Tars shouts, "These are even bigger than the other ones!"
Niik:
Amaranth is still set to guard Tars so shes moving with him and attack what she can reach only when it attacks him.

Tars:
((i'll need to five foot step back to attack correct? Or do I not need to since they're Large?

Niik:
Finally an donkey worth kicking

Tars:
((with a reach weapon?
Shadowfire:
move back
* Tars takes a step back and slashes furiously!
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 12 + 5 = 17
Shadowfire:
?
Shadowfire:
sry
Shadowfire:
numpad not workin, 33 right?

Tars:
?
Shadowfire:
pede 33 right?

Tars:
((ah, sorry, yes 33

Tars:
((only one he can reach from there
* ithildur rolls: 2d4+6 => 7 + 6 = 13

Niik:
DAYUM!
Shadowfire:
O.o

Tars:
((heh getting good rolls now

Tars:
((17 hit?
Shadowfire:
umm.. yea
Shadowfire:
u slashed its head in half....

Tars:
((k, now... hoping it drops, and if not, brace for pain...))

Tars:
"One down!"
Shadowfire:
one sec, trying to get over shock
Niik:
its now an ettin-pede

Tars:
((barb with 2 hander and 18 str... should do some dmg
Shadowfire:
shock over
Shadowfire:
wolf turn, staying gaurd correct?
Niik:
yes
Shadowfire:
niik go
Shadowfire:
please get outta hedds donkey xD
Niik:
i cna't find undo move
Niik:
my token is stuck behind him
Shadowfire:
cant imagine its comfortable for either of you
Shadowfire:
double click his token

Tars:
((lol
Niik:
move 20 hold action for an attack on anythign that approaches tars that i can reach

Niik:
To arms brother.
Shadowfire:
hedd, your go

Hedd:
I grapple the one left attempt a pin
Niik:
good thing you went big
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +8 => 3 + 8 = 11

Hedd:
((Opposed grapple
* Tars watches with a look of horror mixed with fascination
Shadowfire:
miss

Hedd:
((arrgh

Hedd:
ok, im done then i guess
Shadowfire:
it attacks hedd

Hedd:
Bring it, buggy!
Shadowfire:
missis horribly

Tars:
((lmao... it'd be mean if these things turned out to be carrion crawlers))
Shadowfire:
good idea

Hedd:
((Hehehe))

Tars:
((lol!

Hedd:
((Oh god... You got the DM interested)) O.o

Hedd:
((Oh come on now, I cant grapple that with a straight face!
Shadowfire:
tars, your go

Hedd:
((Im still wrestling with the bug
Shadowfire:
no, your attempt missed totally, u lunged, it dodged

Hedd:
aww.
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 20 + 5 = 25
Shadowfire:
you are no fun
Niik:
LMALO
* Tars slashes at 94! ((heh, sorry
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 9 + 5 = 14

Tars:
((i NEVER get rolls like this normally

Tars:
((confirm missed?
Shadowfire:
.... crit damage please

Tars:
((wow
Shadowfire:
they be large and in no armor
* ithildur rolls: 6d4 + 18 => 10 + 18 = 28
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:

Tars:
((2d4 x3 ))

Tars:
((and str 2 handed x3 as well
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
its dead....
* Hedd Kicks the one centipeedes head in frustration
* Tars roars as he splatters it

Niik:
WEll, its a darn good thing i was here, yall could be dead by now if it wasn't for me

Tars:
((sorry guys, this is what barbs with 2 handers do vs low AC mobs...
Shadowfire:
more like slices it clean through....
Hedd:
((Smallify!
Shadowfire:
one moment
Hedd:
Oops
Hedd:
It appears 'native size' means- Collossal...

Tars:
((thing is, of course, if I miss... my ac isn't very good
Niik:
I cna't move my token again
Hedd:
Neither is mine...
Hedd:
I've got 12
Shadowfire:
like i said... one moment xD
Hedd:
11 if im big

Tars:
((well Tars is a front liner
Niik:
I gots me a 15 ac
Hedd:
...Hedd hugs things to death
Niik:
Hug it out bro
Hedd:
Or life
Hedd:
Anyone noticably injured?
Niik:
i gots three dmg but i still got a cure light to blow
* Tars seems no worse off than before, still a bit pale
Hedd:
Alright, cure minor for tars
Hedd:
+1hp
* Tars nods in thanks. "I'm alright, I think... a bit slowed from poison but otherwise..."

Tars:
So, shall we search this room?

Hedd:
A lotta books, thats about it
Shadowfire:
ok, back

Tars:
((no crates here?

Hedd:
Plus the big donkey crate as well

Tars:
Let's check the crate
Shadowfire:
the crate looks like all the others, but noticably larger

Hedd:
Lemme guess- burn marks/

Hedd:
?
Shadowfire:
yep
Shadowfire:
who was healed?

Hedd:
Tars
Shadowfire:
wanna a hp count?

Hedd:
for 1hp

Tars:
I'm going to search the scattered books
Niik:
im at 9 i think

Tars:
for anything unusual or interesting
Unknown command: "Tars 14/14 HP, Hedd 7/8, Niik 9/12". Try /help for a list of commands.

Hedd:
I should be at 7
Shadowfire:
tars 14 of 14
Shadowfire:
hedd 7 of 8
Shadowfire:
niik 9 of 12
Shadowfire:
(tars after healing)

Hedd:
Lets serch these papers for anything Important that hasent been destoryed.
Niik:
sounds good i'll search too
You whisper to Hedd: you find nothing that looks important

Hedd:
Hmm...
You whisper to Niik: you find nothing important

Hedd:
Nothing important..
* Niik rolls: 1d20+1 => 8 + 1 = 9
Niik:
oh dam
You whisper to ithildur: you find nothing important

Hedd:
Seems to just be old books

Hedd:
((Anything in the bookshelves?
* Tars examines the bookshelves as well
Niik:
ammy guard me
Shadowfire:
i included it in your searches

Hedd:
Ooh...

Hedd:
The life and times of urist the mighty...
Shadowfire:
nothing but old books on the arcane, divine, history and such

Tars:
((table, nothing? alright...heading out

Hedd:
((Any spellbooks?
Shadowfire:
and tars auto failed....
Shadowfire:
no spellbooks

Tars:
((oof

Hedd:
Lol illiteracy!
* Tars finds his nose
Niik:
lolz

Hedd:
I take one of the local history books

Tars:
Few more doors to go, unless there's some hidden door somewhere
Shadowfire:
ok

Tars:
Those books... have letters that are too small for me
* Tars positions himself at the next door, waits
Shadowfire:
listen or no?
* Tars suddenly looks at the other two intently

Niik:
im ready

Tars:
"But mark my words... someday, I... will... learn!"

Hedd:
Im with you
* Tars listens at the door
Hedd:
Nice battle cry

Tars:
((lol
Player "tars" is not connected.
You whisper to ithildur: you hear a faint scuffling

Tars:
"I hear something... faintly"

Hedd:
((I push open the door

Niik:
you hear fairys?
Shadowfire:
how far?

Hedd:
All the way

Tars:
No, I do not hear fairies. I hear faintly
Shadowfire:
On the west wall of this room are two large cages, and the floor is strewn with hay, suggesting a holding place for something or another. If the cages weren't empty, they are now. Two wolf-sized centipedes seem to smile at you as you walk in, as if to say "Would you please like to join us as dinner?"
* Tars snorts

Hedd:
Ok...
Shadowfire:
init
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+3 => 17 + 3 = 20

Hedd:
I'm getting the feeling there isnt going to be any survivors sown here after all...
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +2 => 5 + 2 = 7
* Niik rolls: 1d20+4 => 17 + 4 = 21

Hedd:
((I'm so clumsey today...

Tars:
((yeah, i'm not expecting survivors at this point, just trying to clean up the mess and centipedes, find clues
Shadowfire:
niik, hyena
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 4 + 2 = 6
Shadowfire:
niik go
Niik:
having a problem moving apparently
Shadowfire:
where u trying to go?
Niik:
Moving to corner then attacking 76
Shadowfire:
roll
* Niik rolls: 1d20+3 => 6 + 3 = 9
Shadowfire:
miss

Niik:
BALLZ I SAY
Shadowfire:
tars

Tars:
Hmm
* Tars pauses, takes a swing
Shadowfire:
wait, lets make this more fair for the pede

Tars:
((at 76...
Hedd:
lol

Tars:
((lol
Shadowfire:
roll
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 11 + 5 = 16
Shadowfire:
hit
* ithildur rolls: 2d4+6 => 2 + 6 = 8
Shadowfire:
gouged eye
Shadowfire:
gone limp

Tars:
I'm getting into the swing of things now!
Shadowfire:
hedd go
* Tars chortles like he just made a good joke
Hedd:
I think im just gonna run in and punch 83
Shadowfire:
ok
Niik:
lol at tars
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+3 => 13 + 3 = 16
Shadowfire:
hit
* Hedd rolls: 1d4+3 => 3 + 3 = 6
Hedd:
Punch inna face for you!
Shadowfire:
it takes the hit, and is still standing, looking kinda pissed

Hedd:
Oh crap... I think i made things worse...
Shadowfire:
and lunges at you
Shadowfire:
it lunges tword the left, clearly dizzy from the pucnch
Shadowfire:
Niik, whats your companion doin
Niik:
guarding me
Shadowfire:
ok, niik your go
Niik:
imma hold action if it comes near me to attack but otherwise let them finish it offl
Shadowfire:
ok, tars
Shadowfire:
batter up!
* Tars rolls his shoulders
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 6 + 5 = 11

Tars:
((bah
Shadowfire:
miss
Shadowfire:
hedd

Hedd:
flanking?
Shadowfire:
has to be opposite sides
* Tars grunts.

Hedd:
((Oh, i guess I kick it inna head

Tars:
"He's all yours.
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+3 => 19 + 3 = 22
Shadowfire:
wow... hit
Shadowfire:
damage
* Hedd rolls: d4+3 => 2 + 3 = 5
Shadowfire:
it falls limp
Niik:
two rooms left yea?

Hedd:
((three
Shadowfire:
maybe I should call you all over to exterminate my little ant problem...
Niik:
o

Hedd:
Im thinking we go take the corpse upstairs and see if we can't get the mages to deal with the rest of these things.

Tars:
((hehe.
Niik:
eya i gues your right hed, its not liek we are getting paied for this

Hedd:
Well... Not in gold, no
Niik:
I get paid in potatoes

Tars:
((I'm ok with that, though i'm still hoping for some clues/answers down here

Hedd:
I did manage to pick up a few soveneers from the potions lab

Niik:
Yea im kinda curious too but we dont' seem to be making much progress

Tars:
((none of the doors are marked/have writings on them, etc?
Shadowfire:
no, just plain wood

Hedd:
so, take the corpse up, or another room?

Niik:
im ok with either honestly

Hedd:
Tars?

Tars:
let's check one more room

Tars:
were kind of on a roll

Tars:
the woman will appreciate the extermination we're doing

Hedd:
heh, ok then

Hedd:
Take your pick!

Hedd:
Whao!

Niik:
CUBE

Tars:
((odd, i occasionally can't move my token either

Hedd:
What the Hell is that?!?

Tars:
Niik:
its cause he has our tokens held
Niik:
so he can add feces without us moving around too much

Tars:
((i see
Shadowfire:
as you step out into the hallway, you are shocked to see a large blue mass coming from the entrance, suspended in it are a few centipede bodies
Shadowfire:
roll init
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+2 => 3 + 2 = 5
Niik:
mmmmm

Hedd:
((Sheet...
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 2 + 4 = 6
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 9 + 2 = 11

Tars:
By Kor's buttocks!!
Niik:
LOL
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+3 => 2 + 3 = 5

Hedd:
((Does it look like the potion goo from the lab?
Niik:
oh feces i bet it is

Hedd:
That stuff's alive!?!

Hedd:
Oh man...

Hedd:
I've put some of it in a bottle!
Niik:
LOL its calling for its part back
Niik:
RUUUN

Hedd:
It's gonna be PISSED!
You whisper to Hedd: as you finish that thought, you feel a slight rumble in your backpack

Niik:
My, what big cubes you have.

Tars:
((it's an alien symbiote, that wants to bond with one of us))
Shadowfire:
niik, your go

Hedd:
Don't touch it!

Hedd:
It burns you up

Niik:
Ammy, STAY!

Tars:
((anyone got any knowledge ranks?

Hedd:
((Nope
Niik:
Hold action for attack if it approaches within five ft of me
Niik:
You would need knowledge Dungeoneering for an ooze
Shadowfire:
tars

Tars:
((whew... i thought i was going to get caught flatfooted
* Tars gapes at the thing, but quickly recovers, and decides to do what he does best...

Niik:
It looks slow, perhaps we can use that to our advantage.
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 19 + 5 = 24
Shadowfire:
roll damage
* ithildur rolls: 2d4+6 => 6 + 6 = 12

Niik:
nice

Tars:
((man, i wish i could roll like this every day

Tars:
((this might be bad actually...
Shadowfire:
hedd, your turn, go and hug it

Hedd:
((Lol

Tars:
((does it look hurt?
Niik:
DONT BE A HERO
Shadowfire:
you cant tell, it has no face and no visible features to indicate any emotiong
Shadowfire:
emotion*
* Hedd takes out a flask of lamp oil from his bag and starts to prepare a fuse while backing away
Niik:
I kinda have to do this quck ause i need to be out of here in about five mins

Hedd:
((Im done, next
Shadowfire:
it attacks tars
Niik:
run tars run you crazy fuk

Tars:
((lol, i'm looking forward to fighting stuff with two legs someday

Niik:
RUN TARS RUN YOU CRAZY FUK
Shadowfire:
misses
Shadowfire:
niik, go

Hedd:
Huggin this will do you no good!
Niik:
charge

Tars:
((wow, brave druid
* Niik rolls: 1d20+5 => 1 + 5 = 6
Shadowfire:
miss....
Niik:
. . . . bals

Hedd:
Oh dear...
Niik:
brave and stupid apparently
Shadowfire:
tars
Niik:
we are ooze food here my friend

Tars:
Don't either of you have spells? Or maybe fire will hurt it
Niik:
I have a cure light left

Hedd:
((Im prepping an oil flask here
* Tars steps back and slashes again!
Niik:
I used my produce flame too early in the game
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 14 + 5 = 19
Shadowfire:
nice, damage
* ithildur rolls: 2d4+6 => 3 + 6 = 9
Niik:
(my ac is down to 13)
Shadowfire:
its still umm... coming
* Tars tries to see if the blade of the guisarme at least seems to cut the thing
Shadowfire:
yes, but it closes up after it

Tars:
((hmm...
Shadowfire:
hedd

Tars:
((might need to switch up here

Niik:
Hedd I hope you can pull a great idea out of your colon . . .

Hedd:
I throw the lit flask of oil at the goo
Shadowfire:
treating as alchemical fire

Tars:
"I'm not sure if bladed weapons do any harm to it!"

Hedd:
((yep

Hedd:
GET BACK!!!
Shadowfire:
where do you throw (pick intersection
Niik:
if not tars we're prolly boned

Tars:
"But I'm not hugging it!"

Hedd:
((10' in front of tars
Shadowfire:
in front of or in goo?

Hedd:
In
Shadowfire:
it hits the goo and slowly sinks in, still intact

Tars:
*you can see Tars does have other weapons btw*

Hedd:
Oh darnit...

Hedd:
((it still alight?
Shadowfire:
nope

Niik:
O.o it jsut ate your molitov cocktail !!!
Shadowfire:
just floating in the goo
* Hedd Yells 'Aim for the flask!' To tars
Shadowfire:
niik, you can either try a AoO or a reflex save to get out of its way

Niik:
ref
Shadowfire:
roll

Niik:
oh wait

Niik:
fukit nm
* Niik rolls: 1d20 => 12

Niik:
YES

Tars:
((woa, what's going on, it's just plowing forward?
Shadowfire:
it attacks tars
Niik:
I really need to go guys
Shadowfire:
misses
Niik:
can you finish this out without me?
Shadowfire:
we pause here
Niik:
I can just guard or fight

Hedd:
Aww...

Tars:
alrighty
Shadowfire:
paue or fight?

Hedd:
What a cliffhanger ending
Niik:
shadow can't you run me as a npc and they can continue?

Tars:
hm... does niik have any tricks/spells up his sleeve?

Hedd:
You fine w catching up via forums?
Shadowfire:
i can, just askin them

Tars:
I can keep going
Niik:
yea im good with that

Hedd:
yea, sure
Niik:
how about i stay logged in so i can read chat when yall are done
Shadowfire:
ok, for this battle only or rest of adventure?

Hedd:
((Sounds good
Niik:
for however long yall play today unless i can get back to the comp

Hedd:
Just the battle i think, we can do the rest tomorrow))

Tars:
sure, so niik doesn't miss too much
Shadowfire:
tomorrow good niik?

Hedd:
You all ok with tomorrow

Hedd:
?

Tars:
i'm good
Niik:
yea tomarrow is good
Niik:
catch yall tomarrow

Hedd:
ok

Hedd:
Seeya!

Tars:
take it easy

Tars:
wish us luck

Hedd:
((Where were we then... you were about to be killed

Tars:
it missed me
Shadowfire:
ok, niiks turn attack w/scimitar
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 +3 => 18 + 3 = 21
Shadowfire:
hit

Hedd:
Aim for the flask!

Tars:
((I'm guessing aiming for a specific part, like the bottle inside it, will raise the AC considerably
* Shadowfire rolls: 1d6 +3 => 3 + 3 = 6

Hedd:
((maybe, but hitting it's not doing anything...
Shadowfire:
and takes a step back

Tars:
"Nick, tell your pup to back away"
Shadowfire:
tars ur up

Tars:
((k....

Tars:
((grah...

Tars:
((can't tell if this is a good idea or not, but here goes...
* Tars drops the Guisarme, and...

Hedd:
((how stupid is this good idea?
* Tars draws forth a heavy flail

Tars:
((drop free action, draw weapon without movement move action, should be able to attack
Shadowfire:
yup
* Tars tries to pummel the thing!
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 9 + 5 = 14
Shadowfire:
hit
* ithildur rolls: 1d10+6 => 8 + 6 = 14
* Tars tries to see if that worked better
Shadowfire:
you take a sizeable chunk out of it, and the whole thing seems to srink a bit
Shadowfire:
you can take a 5 foot step if you wish

Tars:
"Ha! I think that's thekey!"

Tars:
((hm... dilemma here...

Hedd:
Ive got an idea, Run away!

Tars:
((i've a bad feeling about this, but... he'll stay put))
Shadowfire:
hedd go

Hedd:
((Hmm..

Tars:
There's nowhere to run, we need to get past this!

Hedd:
I take the flask of goo out and throw it as far over the goo, down the corridoor as I can

Tars:
((lol this shoud be interesting
Shadowfire:
it flies over, crashes, and a smaller goo runs to meet its larger counterpart

Hedd:
Oh crap...
* Tars watches in amazement

Hedd:
...At least it's not very big?!

Tars:
What is that stuff...??
* Hedd yells to nikk, "Try using fire! Grab a torch from the walls!"
Shadowfire:
niik backs up a bit

Hedd:
I have no Idea, but that is NOT what i expected!
Shadowfire:
niik readies an action to attack if it nears
Shadowfire:
tars, go
* Tars grits his teeth in determination, smashes at it again!
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 20 + 5 = 25
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+5 => 7 + 5 = 12
Shadowfire:
crit
* ithildur rolls: 2d10+12 => 11 + 12 = 23

Hedd:
((darn, you're on fire

Tars:
((these things are crittable?
Shadowfire:
oh wait, no lol

Hedd:
((I wouldnt think so tbh...

Tars:
((hehe.

Hedd:
((It's an ooze
Shadowfire:
normal damage lol
* ithildur rolls: 1d10+6 => 3 + 6 = 9

Hedd:
((Maybe he hit the flask??!

Hedd:
((Hint?

Tars:
((maybe! XD
Shadowfire:
the flask breaks, but the liquid inside seems to stay in one place

Hedd:
((Oily ooze...
* Tars takes a step back

Tars:
((no wait

Tars:
((he stays, if it's not too late
Shadowfire:
kk
Shadowfire:
hedd, your go if tars is done

Hedd:
OK

Tars:
((*gulps*))
* Hedd grabs the torch from off of the wall

Hedd:
((I rush next to Tars and try and jam the torch into the oily part of the ooze
Shadowfire:
attack roll
Shadowfire:
ok, everyone make a reflex roll

Hedd:
((This can't be good :/
Table D20 (Hedd):

Hedd:
((+2 so 10
* Shadowfire rolls: d4 => 1
* ithildur rolls: 1d20+2 => 13 + 2 = 15
Shadowfire:
you take one damage hedd, from the cube exploding
* Shadowfire rolls: d4 => 4
Shadowfire:
you take two damage tars
* Tars winces
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 => 9

Hedd:
((We get any goo on us???
* Shadowfire rolls: d4 => 4
Shadowfire:
niik takes 4

Hedd:
((Thats one big-donkey explosion...
Shadowfire:
a bit, but not enough to cause damage
Shadowfire:
it blew backward mostly, only a fine mist hit you

Hedd:
So now were trapped in here by corrosive slime...

Tars:
((is it down?

Hedd:
Perfect...
Shadowfire:
yes, in a nice blue puddle

Tars:
((ten by ten?
Shadowfire:
one moment

Hedd:
Awesome!

Hedd:
((Best combo move EVER!

Tars:
By Kord... *nods* We did it

Hedd:
We did, didn't we!

Hedd:
Ha HA!
* Tars retrieves his weapon (in his square) and puts away the flail

Tars:
That doesn't look too bad. should be jumpable

Tars:
we'll just need a running start

Hedd:
I dont know abou that...
Shadowfire:
it doesnt seem to be writhing or acidic anymore

Hedd:
I dip the end of the torch in the ooze
Shadowfire:
reflex saves everyone

Tars:
oof
Shadowfire:
j/k

Tars:
lol
Shadowfire:
the torch flutters out

Hedd:
((Evil!

Hedd:
((But no bubbling?
Shadowfire:
nope

Hedd:
((Ok, I put some of it in the flask again.

Tars:
probably best to not touch it still, if it can be helped
Shadowfire:
(or bottle it up)

Hedd:
((Im figuring I throw it sometime I need an ooze
Shadowfire:
as you watch the puddle looses its viscosity, and spreads out almost like water across the floor

Hedd:
Pity...
Hedd:
Ah well, seems about a good time to wrap this one up then?
Shadowfire:
yea, and hedd, if you need any books, I can scan and upload some of mine for ya
Hedd:
Awesome
Hedd:
How about all of them?
Shadowfire:
ummm.... I have 1k USD worth... like almost 100 or so books
Hedd:
I've got a PHB for 2nd ed with me, but thats about it atm

Tars:
wow
Hedd:
Lol

Tars:
use the SRD
Shadowfire:
i can upload 3.5 core for ya, and some monk/cleric ish supplements
Hedd:
Yea, ive got a bunch bookmarkes
Hedd:
Thanks shadow
Shadowfire:
ill pm you on the forum
Shadowfire:
with the site name
Hedd:
Awesome

Tars:
tars can probably jump over this btw, it's dc 10 for a 10 foot long jump with 20 ft running start iirc
Hedd:
Ehh, im standing in it already, so

Tars:
you are??
Shadowfire:
gonna freeze movement and end server, see ya guys around the forum
Hedd:
yea
Hedd:
Okies!
Hedd:
See yall later
You have disconnected.

Transcript of todays game, to be story-ized.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Ok, what I want you to do is choose either RoF or CW as a base, make some adjustments as you see fit and fair, then run the finished product by me, which then I will add, subtract or leave class features until I am happy with it, then I'll run it back by you, you back by me, rinse and repeat until we get to something we both agree is balanced and fair. Sound good?

Submit as such:
BAB: (good, normal, or bad)
Saves: (each good normal or bad)
Specials per level
Spells per day a level

HP/SP
Prereqs
Explain specials not written down.

It's not my first time hearing of flaws, but I forget what book if any I can find them in, please list them as well as any other book besides CW, RoF, or the core books.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

ithildur
Cave Troll

Post by ithildur »

Tars will need a good bath soon to clean off the gore, with all the splattering he's been doing.

ithildur
Cave Troll

Post by ithildur »

Flaws are from Unearthed Arcana; the entire thing is available on the SRD, which is why a lot of people use it, since it's widely and freely accessible along with most of the core/PHB rules available there.

http://www.d20srd.org/

It's under the section marked 'Variant Rules'.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/build ... rFlaws.htm

As for Bladesinger, I think a simple fix/upgrade is to go with the version in Races of Faerun and swap out the spellcasting to 8/10 (not as good as an EK, on par with Jade Phoenix Mage; or you can think of it as similar progression to someone taking 5 lvls of Abjurant Champion - 5/5, plus 5 lvls of CW Bladesinger - 3/5, which actually probably is a more powerful combination). That would get you a PrC that I think merits the steep prerequisites, RP and weapon/armor restrictions, while being the prototype elite elven fighter/mage.

Maybe get rid of rather useless Combat Casting as a prereq, like CW did, but that's not a huge deal, especially if Flaws can be used to get some of the feat requirements.

Note that the most powerful ability of the ROF Bladesinger, Song of Celerity, is restricted tightly by having to full attack in the round you cast a spell; i.e. you cannot cast two spells in the same round, or cast+move+attack, or cast+move+other standard action in the same round like you can with true Quicken Spell.

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Choose either combat casting or still spell to get rid of, and submit the spells per day table for my reference, and I'll Allow it. Also read the main post again, I'm adding some stuff about the lvl 5 characters.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

ithildur
Cave Troll

Post by ithildur »

I forgot ROF version required CC AND Still Spell. I'd probably say get rid of Still Spell, as he's going to be behind in caster lvls too much. At lvl 7 he'll get lvl 2 spell slots most likely; using those up to still lvl 1 spells is probably not a good choice.

Wow, action points and bloodlines... I'm going to have to read up on those. :)

What's the full name of the book? simply Feats? I'm assuming you're not talking about Bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana? http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Im behind I know, but this will be storyized eventually

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Niik has connected.
Shadowfire:
Welcom Niik
Niik:
fukin takes for ever to start up
Niik:
Im cited
Shadowfire:
So, like what Hedd did to the goo?
Niik:
yea?
Shadowfire:
funny feces there xD
Niik:
lol yea i read it, i adjusted my hp accordingly as well
Niik:
im just glad its gone, i thought for sure we were goneers
Shadowfire:
I will reveal the secrets of the goo once the adventure is over
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
totally custom btw had to use a generic cube pic tho
Niik:
gotcha
Niik:
I have a few things like that in my game, had to use alot of templates to save time though
Niik:
did you get a chance to look a tthe Fist of the Forest
Niik:
what the hell book was that in?
Niik:
races of the wild?
Shadowfire:
so, when I sign in tomorrow... would you like me to use Germo, Germo d'Cannith, Germo 'The Raven' d'Cannith, Germo 'The Raven' Kematian d'Cannith, or just 'The Raven'?
Niik:
any is fine as long as Germo is first
Shadowfire:
kk, gonna look at races of the wild in a bit, but be sure to put it on our new subforum under discussion.
Niik:
its not in races of the wild
Shadowfire:
lol
Niik:
i have to find it again
Shadowfire:
I'm not done yet, but look under campaign macros >.>
Niik:
?
Shadowfire:
window-campaign
Niik:
i did that, its blank
Shadowfire:
... ok, now i gotta try to fix it
Niik:
LOLz i feal ya
Niik:
complete champion pg 80 thats where the Fist of the Forest is
Shadowfire:
darn, from all i know, campaign macros should be up already...
Niik:
don't iknow man, this programs completely eludes me, pretty much all i've learned has come from you
Niik:
two monks though?
Niik:
that doesn't sound productive
Niik:
maybe i'll just do like my original plan and switch to shifter and do weretouched master
ithildur has connected.
Niik:
welcome Ith
Shadowfire:
hey ith, could you sign in as Tars so I stop gettin confused with whispering xD
Niik:
lol
Niik:
what is the whisper command by the way?
ithildur:
lol sure
ithildur is disconnected.
Tars! has connected.
Shadowfire:
thanks m8
Tars!:
mythweaver's down it seems...
Shadowfire:
?
Tars!:
np
Niik:
yea we noticed
Niik:
i did at least lol
Tars!:
so what book is bloodlines in?
Shadowfire:
whats mythweaver
Shadowfire:
Feats
Tars!:
just 'Feats'?
Niik:
where is dood man
Shadowfire:
yea
Niik:
?
Tars!:
you don't mean like 'Index of Feats 3.5'?
Tars!:
i've never heard of a book called just 'Feats'
Shadowfire:
Read discussion thread niik :p and no, its called Feats
Niik:
and why can't i dock my chat window at the bottome anymore
Shadowfire:
u got skype tars?
Tars!:
i've no idea where i can get that book
Tars!:
i do
Tars!:
but it's semi functional atm
Shadowfire:
ah... the whole public wifi thing right?
Shadowfire:
ill upload to megaupload then
Niik:
i know i saved it in my faves but i can't find it
Tars!:
you have it on pdf? i've searched for a book just called 'Feats', and couldn't find one
Shadowfire:
yea
Shadowfire:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=66 niik
Shadowfire:
ummm... odd
Shadowfire:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=66
Shadowfire:
try that
Hedd has connected.
Shadowfire:
nice
Niik:
AAAAHHH ok i see nice
Tars!:
do these bloodline feats have prereqs that say stuff like 'impromptu casting'?
Niik:
I'VE GOT HEAD
Shadowfire:
Welcome all!
Niik:
HED RATHER
Shadowfire:
i dont think so
Shadowfire:
more like race and an ability score or two
Shadowfire:
One sec for me to close/open a few programs
Hedd:
Hiyas!
Shadowfire:
oops... closed firefox... will start up feats upload again after we finish
Shadowfire:
or not feats finished
Tars!:
i'm trying to decide if maybe i'll play a straight warblade going for eternal blade rather than a bladesinger for my lvl 5. bladesinger's just not that great until high lvls
Shadowfire:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AFR5TXH2
Hedd:
hmm
Tars!:
this lvl 1 barbarian's far more impressive at low/mid lvls
Tars!:
relatively speaking, than a mid lvl bladesinger
Tars!:
we shall see!
Shadowfire:
ok, quick recap, goo went boom!
Tars!:
a lot depends on what the world is like too
Tars!:
goo went boom indeed
Hedd:
That was a good ending
Shadowfire:
now, a quick announcement
Niik:
?
Shadowfire:
If this adventure is done today, we shall have a bit of time to fill in with crafting/buying/professions ect, I will fill y'all in on history, and then I shall finish up with the next adventure seed. All sound good and fair?
Hedd:
Sounds good to me
Niik:
roger that
* Tars! nods
Niik:
my caht window is all funky, it runs words right off the window
Shadowfire:
Xp as it stands at this point is 1050 each, so when we finish adventure, itll level up time as well! but dont rush on that account
Tars!:
nice
Niik:
sounds good
Shadowfire:
Start in T minus 5
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
player movement is a go
Niik:
what was left to do?
Niik:
nm i see em

Niik:
I need a moment to heal.
Hedd:
((we just blew up the goo, we got 3 rooms left or we could take the body out
Niik:
Cast cure light on myself
Shadowfire:
roll
* Niik rolls: d8+1 => 3 + 1 = 4
Niik:
fug
* Tars studies the goo leftovers
Hedd:
((can I get a HP check plz?
You whisper to Tars!: it looks wet

Niik:
Don't eat it man, that feces will mess with your system for days.

Niik:

Shadowfire:
Hedd 6 Hp
Niik:
~~ 9
Tars whispers: lol
Hedd:
ty
Shadowfire:
tars 12 niik 9

Tars:
Pah. This is... disgusting

Amaranth:
BARK!

Hedd:
Did you just... taste that goo...

Niik:
I warned him . . .

Tars:
I'm going to go up and.. what?! Of course not.

Tars:
Do you think me a savage brute or something?

Niik:
which next?

Niik:
. . . why not?

Tars:
* Tars laughs.

Niik:
Guard Ammy

Tars:
I'm thinking heading upstairs to update the woman, and see what she'd like us to do

Niik:
She'll prolly just tell us to clear ou tht eplace

Tars:
If she wants, we can come back down and clean up the rest of the place

Niik:
Yea im fine with which ever.

Hedd:
Shall we take the corspe up too? Can't leave it ling there forever...

Tars:
Yes, but perhaps she'll have some more information

Tars:
Good point.

Niik:
Rats have to eat too, circle of life . . .
* Tars goes to the corpse

Hedd:
The rats have plenty to eat down here...

Niik:
true . . .
* Tars picks up the dead man
* Hedd goes to help tars with lifting

Niik:
So we heading up then?

Niik:
I'll cover incase feces hits the preverbial basement
You whisper to Tars!: as you lift the corpse, you notice the face has been mostly eaten away, leaving little more then a bare skull
Shadowfire:
brb phone

Hedd:
Esspecially after the mess we've caused...
* Tars grimaces at something

Tars:
His face.. not a pretty way to go.
Shadowfire:
back
You whisper to Hedd: the face is mostly gone
Niik:
BACK?
Shadowfire:
said brb phone

Tars:
Looks like these things snacked on his face first
Niik:
feces i didn't see it

Hedd:
There's not much left of it, thats to be sure...
* Tars heads up the stairs with the corpse

Hedd:
((My vision is messed up guys
Niik:
heading up as well
Shadowfire:
one sec to change map
Niik:
i think its the map hedd

Hedd:
((ok
Niik:
cause line of sight at that last room is wiggy
Hedd:
Im not out yet?
Shadowfire:
ummm.. .where did u go?
Hedd:
No idea...
Shadowfire:
u delete urself?
Niik:
im looking at the hallway on the first floor
Hedd:
No
Shadowfire:
found ya
Hedd:
Sweet
Shadowfire:
couldnt find your token on last floor

Vaerieal:
so jacob did not make it....
Niik:
just fyi, i can see all the maps
Shadowfire:
umm.. dont do that....
Hedd:
urrgh.. my pc does not like these large open maps...
Niik:
well at least the tower
Tars:
We bring bad news, as you can see
* Tars sets the corpse down

Amaranth:
BARK!

Niik:
I know ammy we'll get some food soon.

Vaerieal:
how many of them were there?
Tars:
a dozen perhaps? Or more

Niik:
It appears as if Jacob did not make it. We should bring him out to the woods so that others may feed on his strength.

Hedd:
At least 10 of the smaller ones, and two truely massive beasts...

Apprentice:
I shall remove the body to a more suitable location, please excuse me
Niik:

Tars:
there are two room we've not checked yet
Tars:
If you'd like we can go back down and take care of them

Hedd:
...I dont think that mage likes you too much, ranger...

Niik:
Yea . . . . story of my life.

Vaerieal:
my master is sure to be back soon, and he is sure to reward you for what you have done, would it be too much trouble to ask you finish off the rest so we can be more at ease?

Niik:
I hear centipede makes a great stew . . .

Niik:
Would you like us to bring you some back?
Shadowfire:
*Vaerieals face goes pale*
Tars:
before we head back down, can you tell us anything else you know, that can explain... *looks blankly at Niik*

Niik:
No? *shrugs* to each his own . . .

Vaerieal:
I'm fine thank you.... but if you can manage to subdue one my master may be able to make anivenoms from their poisons, to help the rest of those that were bit...
Tars:
A good plan. Two of us are indeed somewhat effected by their bites

Hedd:
There are plenty down there that are dead or dying, we could heal one and take it up for study perhaps?
Tars:
You need one caught live?

Vaerieal:
no! please do not bring one up here, there are a few cages in the basement, could you not place one inside?
* Tars looks at Hedd

Niik:
If we can rest I can prep better spells for such a task but I doubt we have the time . . .

Niik:
He can hug it into the cage.

Hedd:
...Maybe a small one would do? *Looks back at Tars*
Tars:
I was thinking that hugging might work, if we need to keep it alive

Vaerieal:
yes, alive their venom is potent, but dead and unpreserved it starts to deteriate, and fast if they are anything like most poisons
Tars:
and since you seem to enjoy it so much

Hedd:
((Does -ves count as alive?
Shadowfire:
?
Niik:
i think he means below 0
Hedd:
((The uncouncious ones we fought already
Hedd:
We didnt kill ALL of them...
Shadowfire:
yea, if you can stabalize one
Tars:
((lol... what are you guys' heal skills like again? ))
Niik:
Im going to head on back down and wait at the stairf for them
Hedd:
I still have a cure light and 2 cure miors left
Shadowfire:
but remember, -1 hp/6 sec w/only a 10% chance to stablize
Tars:
Let's see what we can do
Niik:
what is this heal skill you speak of
Niik:
i have a wisdom 2 thats about it
* Tars heads back down
* Hedd heads down
Tars:
I need a good bath
* Hedd flips to the grappling rules section... Huggie time
Shadowfire:
u goin down too niik?

Niik:
Yea really, i hope it rains
Niik:
i ws first down
Shadowfire:
o lol
Hedd:
I may need tostart prepping create water sometime
Shadowfire:
hmmm... very strange pov in here...
Hedd:
yes...
Niik:
ea somethign wrong with line of sight

Tars:
((seems ok for me
Hedd:
Ahh...
Hedd:
I forgot to ask her to identify the potions...
Niik:
oh yea
Niik:
did we already do this rooom?

Tars:
((did you guys try to ID them?
Hedd:
huh?

Niik:
no
* Tars listens at the door again
Hedd:
No ranks
Shadowfire:
one sec bio
Hedd:
ok, im afk 2 secs too

Niik:
Did we do this room yet, i forget?
Shadowfire:
back
Shadowfire:

Niik:
well i asked like three times, so i figured it out myself

Tars:
((so i don't have access to any of the char sheet atm
Niik:
wth?

Tars:
((since mythweaver's down, and the sheet on the token seems blank
Niik:
you dont' have a back up in like word or anything, or a hardcopy?

Tars:
((is it just me? THe handout's blank))
Niik:
my handouts not black but its soo small i can't see anyting on it
Shadowfire:
darn, one sec, yea u changed token last time

Tars:
((that's right

Tars:
((pretty sure listen is +4
Shadowfire:
ther ya go
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+4 => 1 + 4 = 5
Shadowfire:
umm... listen is a dm roll

Tars:
((XD
Shadowfire:
and... u did way better on mine..
You whisper to Tars!: you hear faint sounds of scurring feet beyond this door
Hedd:
back

Niik:
Guard that door Ammy
* Tars gets ready, hafting his polearm and nodding towards the door

Amaranth:
Bark

Tars:
ready?
* Hedd pushes open the door
Shadowfire:
This room contains steel-reinforced crates stacked celing high against one wall and in the opposite corner. Two of the larger and two of the smaller centipedes are roaming around, looking for a way out.

Hedd:
Wow...

Hedd:
There's more crates...

Tars:
Four of them
Shadowfire:
Init

Hedd:
Check for the sigils!
Table D20 (Hedd):

Hedd:
Table D20 (Tars):

Tars:
+2=15
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 9 + 4 = 13

Hedd:
Oh wait... 17, forgot my -1 dex
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 10 + 2 = 12
Niik:
second one for ammy
Shadowfire:
kk
Shadowfire:
a smaller pede rushes at tars!

Hedd:
Leave at least one of these things alive, remeber!
Shadowfire:
and succeeds only at grabbing air!
* Tars snorts
Shadowfire:
hedd go!

Hedd:
((Urm ive got no movement

Niik:
me neither
Hedd:
I grab at the peede in the door and try and pull it back through
Shadowfire:
ok, grapple
Hedd:
attcck for touch
Shadowfire:
si
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +3 => 14 + 3 = 17

Tars:
((nice
Shadowfire:
ok
Hedd:
opposed grapple for movement
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 4 + 11 = 15
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 - 7 => 20 - 7 = 13
Hedd:
Opposed grapple for Pin
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 7 + 11 = 18
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -7 => 14 - 7 = 7
Hedd:
Ok, the bug is pinned in my space
Hedd:

Niik:
Will I beable to move through that space?
Hedd:
...No

Niik:
dam
Hedd:
Active grapple
Hedd:
Actually...
Shadowfire:
a medium sized centipede jumps hungryly at tars
Hedd:
Wait.. no
Hedd:
nvm
Shadowfire:
roll fort tars!
Table D20 (Tars):
Shadowfire:
saved

Tars:
((whew
Shadowfire:
took 2 hp damage
Shadowfire:
tars, your go
* Tars steps back and slashes at 56!
Table D20 (Tars):
Shadowfire:
is that a crit threat?
* Tars! rolls: 2d4+6 => 4 + 6 = 10

Tars:
nope
Shadowfire:
ok, it falls anyway

Tars:
((heh, done)) Tars shouts as he slices it!
Shadowfire:
niik go

Niik:
movement locked
Shadowfire:
feces, sorry

Niik:
a of o?
Shadowfire:
no, one in grapple, one flat footed
Hedd:
*pinned

Niik:
HAVE AT THEE
Niik:
attacking wihth my scimitar
Niik:
d20+3
Niik:
fuk
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 15 + 3 = 18
Shadowfire:
hit
* Niik rolls: d6+3 => 4 + 3 = 7
Niik:
woot
Niik:
thats it for me
Shadowfire:
squished!
Shadowfire:
ammy on gaurd still?\

Tars:
((nice job
Niik:
yea
Niik:
just in case

Tars:
((wow, that's a strong druid
Shadowfire:
a pede looks hungrily at niik!
Shadowfire:
and missed horribly
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
hedd, go
Hedd:
Ok, grapple to hold the pin
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +15 => 5 + 15 = 20
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 - 7 => 18 - 7 = 11
Shadowfire:
success
Hedd:
Grapple to move
* Hedd rolls: d20+15 => 11 + 15 = 26
Shadowfire:
darn
Shadowfire:
please break down the +15 real quick
Hedd:
Im just holding it off the floor by its head at this point
Hedd:
3str, 4 feat, 4 size, 4 pinned
Shadowfire:
ok
Hedd:
you dont need the -4 on your check though
Shadowfire:
forgot bout size
Hedd:
If your putting it in
Shadowfire:
was, but all ur rolls were 5 or better right?
Hedd:
It's where i am now
Hedd:
That's for toss

Tars:
size is medium?

Tars:
mediums don't get a bonus...
Hedd:
his size is small
Hedd:
It's difference, right?

Tars:
that means he gets a -4. you don't get a bonus
Shadowfire:
gave temp control to u hedd
Hedd:
aaah
Hedd:
ok
Hedd:
ill put it in as +11 next time
Hedd:
Either way, that bug is being HUGGED

Tars:
i'm sure
Shadowfire:
ok, tars go

Tars:
oops
* Tars steps forward until he sees the centipede 86, swings
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 6 + 5 = 11
Shadowfire:
miss
Shadowfire:
niik your shot

Tars:
Hmph. There goes that streak
Niik:
Swing from wehre i stand and fight defensively
* Niik rolls: d20-1 => 12 - 1 = 11
Shadowfire:
miss
Niik:
darn sauce
Shadowfire:
+2 to ac correct?
Niik:
yes sir
Niik:
should put me at 17?
Shadowfire:
well... not good enough, it hit for 1hp damage, roll fort
* Niik rolls: d20+6 => 12 + 6 = 18
Niik:
booyah
Shadowfire:
u take 10 pts of dex damage
Niik:
fuk
Niik:
me
Shadowfire:
j/k xD
Niik:
sideways
Niik:
oh darn

Tars:
lmao
Hedd:
Lawl
Shadowfire:
hedd go
Hedd:
another 2* grapple checks
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+11 => 14 + 11 = 25
Hedd:
and
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 10 + 11 = 21
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -7 => 20 - 7 = 13
Shadowfire:
yea, move him
Hedd:
Can i open the door while grappping?
Hedd:
or is it open?
Shadowfire:
its open

Tars:
wasn't it open?
Shadowfire:
tars go
Niik:
Why dont' i see Tars?
Hedd:
oh yea
Niik:
i see him but i dont' understnad what hes grappling, what am i missing?
Niik:
oh nm im a dumbass
Hedd:
Im putting a peede in a cage

Tars:
((I'm not grappling anything
Shadowfire:
well, its your turn tars
* Tars lets out a shout and swings again!
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 4 + 5 = 9
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
you hit
Shadowfire:
air

Tars:
((really?

Tars:
((heh
Shadowfire:
niik go

Tars:
Grah...
Niik:
defensively fight again
Shadowfire:
kk
Niik:
i can't afford to loose too many more hp
* Niik rolls: d20-1 => 15 - 1 = 14
Hedd:
and now make a reflex save!
Shadowfire:
hit
* Niik rolls: d8+3 => 7 + 3 = 10
Niik:
nice
Niik:
defensive tactics FTW
Niik:
ws ogin to five foot step but nm
Shadowfire:
hedd go
Niik:
im done
* Hedd rolls: d20+11 => 2 + 11 = 13
Niik:
?
* Hedd rolls: d20+11 => 4 + 11 = 15
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 - 7 => 3 - 7 = -4
Hedd:
grapple checks
Hedd:
Wow...
Hedd:
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 - 7 => 5 - 7 = -2
Hedd:

Shadowfire:
move
Hedd:
Inna the cage!
* Hedd Shuts the door of the cage
Shadowfire:
quick reflex to see if you close befor it runs
* Hedd rolls: d20 +2 => 17 + 2 = 19
Shadowfire:
got it
Shadowfire:
however, there is no lock

Tars:
(nicely done

Tars:
((huh
Hedd:
Ill just hold it closed then
Shadowfire:
ok
Shadowfire:
round-based movement is over, free roam
Hedd:
darn vaieara told us to put it in a cage...

Small Monsterous Centipede 77:
Click click click.... *Ill get you yet you...*
You whisper to Hedd: you spot a lock hanging from the wall

Niik:
O.o
You whisper to Hedd: between the cages

Hedd:
*shouting* Guys!

Niik:
it that pede just female-canine-in-heat at us?

Hedd:
*come in here!
Hedd:
lawl jk
Niik:
oh sorry wrong room

Hedd:
See that lock up there? *points

Hedd:
stick it on this cage, quickly!
Niik:
Knowledge Nature to see if its not an ordinary pede, like maybe fiendish or something?
Shadowfire:
there is a few under the torch between the cages
Hedd:
Guys, it didnt speak
Hedd:
that was me
Shadowfire:
one sec niik
Niik:
ok
Niik:
i think im a lil confused
You whisper to Niik: as far as you can tell, its a normal, albeit large, centipede

Tars:
What lock?

Hedd:
Between the cages, there

Tars:
Good job by the way with the live capture, I'm.... suitably impressed
Shadowfire:
I could not find one in the mapping pack, so lets just say its there between the cages under the torch
* Tars nods and moves to pick up the lock, fastens it on the door
Shadowfire:
locked and secure!
* Hedd sighs and steps back from the door
* Tars clicks it closed

Tars:
That's that. One live capture.

Tars:
Now we've got one room left

Hedd:
We should get it some food or something...

Niik:
I think its eaten enough of this place, dont' yhou think?

Tars:
Indeed. I doubt it will starve right now

Hedd:
Heh, you may be right...

Hedd:
I'm sure it'll be ok
Hedd:
whats up w your movement tars?

Tars:
40', barbarian in light armor
Shadowfire:
I unsnapped him so he wasnt in the cage w/the pede
Hedd:
k
* Hedd listens at the door

Tars:
Ready when you are, gentlemen

Niik:
Ready
You whisper to Hedd: you hear strange slurping sounds from teh other side

Hedd:
Gimme a sec

Hedd:
Hmm... Sounds like eating...

Hedd:
Probably just another 'peede
Hedd:
Open the door!

Tars:
Let's interrupt their dinner plans then, shall we?
Shadowfire:
When you enter this room, the sweet smell of honey meat fills your nostrils. Most likely because two of the larger 'pedes have broken at least on of the barrels on the rack and are currently drinking some up off the floor, the are so enthralled in fact they don't even bother to aknowldge your presence, just continue to drink.

Hedd:
Hmm

Hedd:
Drunken bugs...
Shadowfire:
init
Table D20 (Hedd):
Hedd:
FFFFUUUUUU...
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 11 + 4 = 15
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 17 + 2 = 19
* Tars! rolls: => Invalid expression: .
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+2 => 16 + 2 = 18
Shadowfire:
whats total hedd?
Hedd:
Hedd:
...The ale will probably burn...
Shadowfire:
Niik, ammy gaurdin?

Tars:
Drunk centipedes....?

Hedd:
It seems so...

Niik:
I was going to have her stay on my turn but in the mean time shes default guarding

Hedd:
They look like pretty freindly drunkards for incects...

Tars:
TThe goodwoman will still want them taken care of.
Shadowfire:
tars go

Hedd:
Can't we just throw them in the cage... I doubt they'll fight back...

Tars:
Nik went? He got 19
Shadowfire:
his companion did

Niik:
no ammy got 19

Niik:
igot less
Shadowfire:
remember, suprise round
Shadowfire:
only standard or move action
* Tars spits on his weapon, prepares to go to work
Shadowfire:
niik go
Shadowfire:
hedd go
Niik:
I forget does fighting defensively full or . . .
Niik:
im not done
Shadowfire:
oh, sorry
Niik:
full or standard for fight defensive?
Shadowfire:
checking
Niik:
i forget, i thought it was standard though

Tars:
should be standard
Shadowfire:
standard

Tars:
can be full if you full attack
Niik:
ok kool imma move in and eye the bug causiously and try my tactics again
* Niik rolls: d20-1 => 10 - 1 = 9
Niik:
BAH
Shadowfire:
ummm...
Niik:
?
Shadowfire:
suprise round

Tars:
what( tactic is this?)
Shadowfire:
move or standard only
Niik:
OH yea sorry im just moving in then, i see why you went ahead so quick
Niik:
yea ok nm im just moving in
Shadowfire:
hedd go

Hedd:
I cast cure light wounds on Nikk
Niik:
ROCK
Shadowfire:
roll
* Hedd rolls: 1d8 +1 => 4 + 1 = 5
Shadowfire:
lol, same roll xD
Niik:
i'll take it
Shadowfire:
full up niik
Niik:
yap
Hedd:
Spells left - Light*1, empty 0th *1
Shadowfire:
just dont hug him, he may throw u in a cage xD
Niik:
lol
Hedd:

Shadowfire:
from now on i'll assume last command sticks from your last turn for ammy, so go tars
Niik:
yeap
* Tars slashes at 62
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 16 + 5 = 21
* Tars! rolls: 2d4+6 => 6 + 6 = 12
Shadowfire:
hit the drunkard and dropped it where it stood, strangley it still seems to have a wierd grin-like feature on its face
* Tars moves slightly

Tars:
((lol, grinning centipedes
Niik:
O.o
Shadowfire:
a face that is on a severed head that is

Tars:
((the barrels...

Tars:
((can Tars stand on one?
Hedd:
No kegstands!

Tars:
((will it require climb check or something?
Shadowfire:
no, they are stacked 3 high, only inches between celing and the top one

Tars:
(kk

Tars:
((done
Shadowfire:
the drunk pede lashes out tword the intruder it can see
Shadowfire:
and stumbles...
Shadowfire:
missing all but more ale
Niik:
hes thirsty
Shadowfire:
niik
Niik:
a of o?
Shadowfire:
yea
Niik:
ac is back to 15
Shadowfire:
no hit
Shadowfire:
and remember, no flanking bonus, tars does not threaten w/weapon at this range

Tars:
((right
Niik:
nice, i'll duck under a pede limb and attmept to take advantae of the high swing to get in a low shot
Niik:
righ ok i forgot about that
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 15 + 4 = 19
Shadowfire:
u hit
* Niik rolls: d8+3 => 2 + 3 = 5
Niik:
Cleave into its carapace
Niik:
done
Shadowfire:
u cut into its groin, and it looks pissed!
Niik:
LOL
Hedd:
Well that was a... Dick move..!
Niik:
LMAO
Hedd:
*sunglasses YAAAAAAAAAAAH*
Shadowfire:
hedd go
Hedd:
Ok
Hedd:
Move us and strike for nonlethal damage
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+3 => 7 + 3 = 10
Shadowfire:
miss
Hedd:
touch attack ^
Shadowfire:
no
Hedd:
aww
Hedd:
kk
Shadowfire:
its an attack not a grab and it would have still missed
Shadowfire:
tars

Tars:
((can you see the equipment on tars' sheet?
Shadowfire:
only if i open it up w/paint, what u wanna know?

Tars:
((nm then,
Shadowfire:
also got it on dmgenie, which is up
* Tars drops the polearm, and raws the heavy flail
Shadowfire:
kk
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+4 => 20 + 4 = 24
Shadowfire:

Tars:
((!
Hedd:
CREET!
Shadowfire:
roll agian
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 12 + 5 = 17
Shadowfire:
hit
Niik:
nice
* Tars! rolls: 2d10+12 => 15 + 12 = 27
Shadowfire:
Niik:
dizam
Shadowfire:
it is totally obliterated
Hedd:
darn... I was going for nonlethal and all :/

Tars:
((lol, sorry,
Niik:
feces happens

Tars:
((we only needed one, didn't we?

Hedd:
((I guess so

Hedd:
((I was tryin to get a big one
* Tars nods curtly to Hedd

Tars:
I thought about punching at it, but I didn't want to chance getting bitten again
* Hedd looks in awe at tars brandishing his flail
Shadowfire:
umm.. tars, i think u got a bit of umm... centipede allover ya....

Niik:
. . . you gonna eat that . . . ?
Hedd:
Centipeede, Blue magic goo, our own blood...
* Tars calmly wipes off some of the goo from his weapons and himself
Hedd:
We all need a bath :/

Tars:
What? Oh, I know...
* Tars picks up the polearm again, puts away the flail

Niik:
That was it yea?

Hedd:
What is with you and eating corpses today...

Tars:
a very, very long bath, with soap bubbles

Niik:
The wench has her requested pede?

Hedd:
A toast!

Tars:
I like pink

Hedd:
May as well have some of this ale...

Niik:
AMEN ta that

Tars:
Pink soap and pink towels for Tars, as I bathe!
Niik:
spoons up a mouthful with his hands

Amaranth:
BARK BARK BARK
Niik:
LMAO

Amaranth:
GRRRRRRR
Hedd:
roll a fort save
Niik:
im going to go see what shes up to
Niik:
im locked
Shadowfire:
init niik

Hedd:
To us!

Niik:
go get a drink you crazy donkey dog

Tars:
A fine idea, capital! I'm sure she won't complain... *gurgles mead*
* Hedd drinks from the broken barrel

Niik:
Hey we got issues out here

Hedd:
Huh?

Niik:
I think they're breeding . . .

Niik:
or something
* Hedd walks out to see what's going on, ale in hand

Tars:
What now?
Hedd:
locked...

Niik:
this place is crawling with these fukin things
You whisper to Niik: as you go out the door, you see two more pedes coming out of the room where you left them to eat their meat
You whisper to Niik: roll init
Niik:
ryte shadow
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 16 + 4 = 20
Shadowfire:
niik only atm
Niik:
I dont' know how to whisper still

Hedd:
((ok... I guess we continue to party it up in here
Niik:
LMAO
Niik:
I did yell out to you all that there was something going on out here
* Tars steps out looking puzzled

Hedd:
((Im locked
Shadowfire:
niik go

Tars:
What in Kord's name are you going on about?

Hedd:
((Nvm
Shadowfire:
Combat going on, u 2 stay put
Niik:
I think i have to do a round before yall can move and feces
Niik:
I told her to go get a drink, i kinda wanted her to stay way from teh combat
Shadowfire:
kk
* Hedd declares 6 seconds af booze and general merriment!

Tars:
It is bad luck to interrupt victory celebrations, however small they may be
Niik:
I will cast guidance on myself and take afive foot step forward and assume that my allies are on their way lol
Shadowfire:
full round niik, go
Niik:
and tahts it
Shadowfire:
kk
Shadowfire:
kk, guys, roll your init
Table D20 (Hedd):
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+2 => 19 + 2 = 21

Hedd:
((20
Niik:
darn
Shadowfire:
dayum
Hedd:
Daymn

Tars:
((i like these dice

Niik:
I hate to interrupt the much needed celebration but we have more pedes to deal with.
Shadowfire:
Tars, go

Tars:
More of them? Wha...

Hedd:
*Sigh* I guess victory shall have to wait for now...

Niik:
Apparently we missed a room chums.
You whisper to Tars!: you realise you left two in the meat room earlier

Tars:
Bah! Tars is ready for more battle. And... erm... I think we left these earlier in the room with meat
Niik:
yeap
* Tars attacks 85
You whisper to Niik: i think to whisper me you gotta do /w owner
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 5 + 5 = 10
Shadowfire:
miss....
Niik whispers: did it work?
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
hedd
You whisper to Niik: yea

Hedd:
Cumon doggie, lets go see whats going on
Hedd:
Wohh
Niik:
ammy's gettin plumb tore up
Hedd:
I think ill grab 85
Hedd:
move is 30
Shadowfire:
kk
Niik:
so jut as a side note, if you try to whisper to yourself it asks if you're talking to yourself again . .
Player "owner" is not connected.
Hedd:
attack touch
Shadowfire:
yep
Shadowfire:
hit
Hedd:
pinn attempt

Tars:
((haha nik
Shadowfire:
go
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +7 => 4 + 7 = 11
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -1 => 2 - 1 = 1

Tars:
((hm, i don't see ammy
Hedd:
Hah
Shadowfire:
wow... sucky roll
Hedd:
Shes in the booze room
Niik:
Hedd reminds me of when i was a kid i had a friend that used to dig up beetle grubs from his yard and contort them around so that they would eat thier own butts.
Hedd:
O.o
Shadowfire:
O.O
Shadowfire:
you can do that?
Niik:
wha?
Niik:
sure, thier all soft and bend like crazy and will eat what ever you put in their pinchers

Tars:
((that's one of the more random things I've heard in a while
Niik:
anyways
Shadowfire:
I usually just use them as bait....
Hedd:
eww...
Hedd:
I regrett hugging them now...
Niik:
LMAO
Shadowfire:
29 attacks hedd
Hedd:
huh
Shadowfire:
total miss
Hedd:
11 AC
Shadowfire:
almost fumble miss
Shadowfire:
tars
Shadowfire:
wait...

Niik:
Well one things for sure, whoever put these here didn't train them for combat, thats for darn sure
Shadowfire:
did i skip niik?
* Tars slashes at...
Niik:
*shrugs*
Hedd:
Not me! Not me!
Shadowfire:
i did, niik, take your missed turn
Shadowfire:
sorry guys
Niik:
Five foot step forward and come down on the pede in a nice wide arch
* Niik rolls: d20+5 => 19 + 5 = 24
Niik:
oopppss no wait thats wrong
Hedd:
But you crit!
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 4 + 4 = 8
Shadowfire:
spits out drink
Niik:
lolz
Shadowfire:
ill take first roll
Shadowfire:
with correct bonus
Niik:
well it would be 23 not 24
Shadowfire:
yea

Tars:
didn't confirm i guess
Niik:
thats what im assuming
Shadowfire:
oh der
Niik:
but still a hit
Hedd:
Herdurr
Shadowfire:
my bad, no crit, normal damage
* Niik rolls: d8+3 => 7 + 3 = 10
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
it falls

Niik:
BY THE BALLZ OF OBAD HAI I SMITE THEE
Hedd:
That al of them?

Niik:
I hope soo
Shadowfire:
ummm... wouldnt nuts be more appropriate?

Niik:
lets gtfo

Niik:
LMAO shadow
Shadowfire:
well hedd's still grappling
Hedd:
Ok, ill put this in the cage, i need 4 grapple checks
Shadowfire:
lets do this
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 7 + 11 = 18

Niik:
oh feces i didn't know
* Hedd rolls: 1`d20 +11 => Invalid expression: 1`d20 +11.
Unknown command: "d20 -1". Try /help for a list of commands.
Shadowfire:
wait
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 19 + 11 = 30

Tars:
Give me some two footed foes... too many legs on these things
Hedd:
hmm?
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -1 => 6 - 1 = 5
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -1 => 19 - 1 = 18
* Hedd rolls: 1d20+11 => 17 + 11 = 28
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -1 => 3 - 1 = 2
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +11 => 14 + 11 = 25
* Shadowfire rolls: d20 -1 => 14 - 1 = 13
Hedd:
And into the cage he goes...
Shadowfire:
its in

Niik:
Thats enough, come ammy
Shadowfire:
reflex
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +2 => 6 + 2 = 8
Niik:
can we assist some how?
Hedd:
Close the door on it maybe?
Shadowfire:
ya, make reflexes, success gives +2 each

Tars:
Why not leave him there?
* Niik rolls: d20 => 16

Tars:
Why move him from the cage?
Shadowfire:
tars?
Hedd:
Moving him INTO the cage
Shadowfire:
putting another in
Hedd:
2 cages
Niik:
he still ong one of the ones we are fighting
Niik:
hes still grapling with it
Hedd:
Yea,i pinned him
Shadowfire:
reflex to help hedd close door
* Tars looks a bit puzzled, but puts away the polearm and moves to help with the grapple
Niik:
we're just captureing a second one, not sure why though, but whatever
Niik:
this one is bigger though
Hedd:
maybe bigger ones have stronger venom
Niik:
im pretty sure they do
Hedd:
Are any of the Huge ones still alive?
Shadowfire:
tars, u helpin close the door or what?
Hedd:
We should tottaly check
Niik:
tars if you're helping roll a reflex save homie
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+2 => 16 + 2 = 18
Shadowfire:
+4 on hedds roll, success
Niik:
I think there is another room we missed
Shadowfire:
gonna get a drink, locking movement
Hedd:
Cmon... Gargantuan Peede...

Tars:
we missed a room? Where?
Niik:
lol
Niik:
just south of us?
Niik:
i have no vision in there but i may have not gone in there
Shadowfire:
back
Niik:
south of the room yall are ain
Niik:
in
Niik:
im near the door
Hedd:
First I go check the north room for any bugs still alive
Hedd:
but bleeding

Tars:
i've been there, I can see furniture
Shadowfire:
wait
Niik:
i have no line of sight to it or anything

Tars:
heh, i don't think this needs to be complicated at this point. we make sure the pedes that are caught are stable, and can't get out, we should go back up
Shadowfire:
I think tars accidently "broke the wall" at one point, noone has opened the door yet
Hedd:
The explosion?
Hedd:
That might have broke the wall...
Niik:
ok that makes sense
Shadowfire:
no, vision line wise
Hedd:
Oh...
Shadowfire:
he went through accidently
Hedd:
Also the explosion?
Niik:
should we check that last room then?
Niik:
on our way out
Hedd:
Ok
Shadowfire:
unless you want to take like 10d6 more damage..... no
Shadowfire:
for the explosion that is, not goin in the room
Niik:
what?
Hedd:
but im going up to the library 1st to make sure theyre dead
Niik:
im confused
Niik:
nm i got it

Tars:
what's confusing?
Niik:
im a lil slow
Shadowfire:
kk
Hedd:
I check to see if #33 is alive
Niik:
i keep reading feces too literally
Niik:
i'll wait here for hedd
Shadowfire:
umm... they both are in pieces, thanks to tars

Tars:
ok, Tars listens at this door
Hedd:
aww...
Shadowfire:
one split straight in half, one without a head

Hedd:
Ok, these onesare down

Niik:
Ammy stay

Niik:
Guard Hallwayy
You whisper to Tars!: you hear a faint ruckus in the room beyond the door
Hedd:
I ready an action to grab any that are directly behind the door
* Tars points at the door and whispers 'something's in there'
Niik:
Im hiding behind my shield
Niik:
want me to ope so you can use polearm?

Tars:
sure, that works well
Shadowfire:
ready to open?
Niik:
Ok, imma give it one good shouldering to bust it open.
Niik:
I guess i should have checked to make sure if it was unlocked lmao

Tars:
most of these doors aren't locked...
Shadowfire:
It slides open inward
Niik:
yea open its lol
Hedd:
Anything in there?
Shadowfire:
In this room lie four utterly broken chairs, a fairly good sized table on its side, and a large round rug being eaten by four of the small-dog sized centipedes. Turning their heads tword the noise of the door, they seem less interested in the rug now.
Niik:
wtf?
Shadowfire:
init
Niik:
oh its a rug lol
Table D20 (Hedd):
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 14 + 4 = 18
Hedd:

Tars:
Ah, once more unto the breach my friends!
* Niik rolls: d20+2 => 16 + 2 = 18
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+2 => 7 + 2 = 9
Niik:
feces
Shadowfire:
Hedd, ur ready action applies

Tars:
((you're good Nik, you rolled high

Niik:
YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?!?
Hedd:
Oh cool
Hedd:
Soz i cant see it
Niik:
I make a great decoy
Hedd:
sec
Hedd:
ok, good

Tars:
Yes, I think they do want a piece of you...
Shadowfire:
lemme fix vision
Niik:
i can just move so he can see
Hedd:
perfect
Shadowfire:
better?
Hedd:
y
Shadowfire:
good, make roll
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +3 => 20 + 3 = 23
Shadowfire:
hit
Hedd:
Bohya!
Shadowfire:
got to pin
Hedd:
Nah, im just gonna strike from grapple
Shadowfire:
kk
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +7 => 11 + 7 = 18
Shadowfire:
and got was actually go lol, hit
Shadowfire:
damage
* Hedd rolls: 1d3 +3 => 3 + 3 = 6
Shadowfire:
only enter on 2nd round grapple
Hedd:
ok, ok
Shadowfire:
its out
Shadowfire:
niik go
Niik:
nice

Hedd:
KO!
Niik:
a of o?
Shadowfire:
flat footed
Niik:
Im going to stop at it with my boot "FUKIN BUGS!"
* Niik rolls: d2+3 => 1 + 3 = 4
Shadowfire:
Niik:
ooppss
Niik:
lol
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 17 + 3 = 20
Shadowfire:
so unarmed attack?
Niik:
no im attacking normally just ging it some flavor for the attack
Shadowfire:
lol
Shadowfire:
damage
Hedd:
Non-leathal inarmed attack?
Niik:
i can only say i swing my sword so many times
Hedd:
heh
Niik:
did i hit?
Shadowfire:
look up in chat...
Hedd:
Stab, swing, impale, thrust... The list goes on
Niik:
ah ok i see
* Niik rolls: d8+3 => 2 + 3 = 5
Niik:
i think i just kicked it instead
Hedd:
You should have, my kick did more damage
Niik:
SKWASH
Niik:
lol
Shadowfire:
its down
Niik:
ryte
Shadowfire:
tars go!
Hedd:
Chortles

Niik:
Great now I gotta scrape it off my boots.
You whisper to Niik: what are ammy's orders
* Tars steps forward and nearly swings at Niik!!
Shadowfire:
lets say it was a boot-sword attack
Shadowfire:
lol

Hedd:
YOU'RE complaining of bug juices??

Tars:
Oops... I thought you were a centipede
Shadowfire:
lol
Niik whispers: she was told to guard the hallway so i would assume . . . uhm maybe just guard herself and stay put?
* Tars nods and attacks 50
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+5 => 4 + 5 = 9
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
u miss

Niik:
bug juices make me unhappy, i need to get out of here and back into the wilderness where i belong
Shadowfire:
30 goes to avenge its mate! run Niik!!!
Niik whispers: im tring not to use her that much so that the other players can fit in rooms and make attaks and kill stuff instead of hogging up everything
Shadowfire:
crit on niik!

Niik:
LOL i run, from no pede

Niik:
fuk me

Niik:
maybe i should have

Hedd:
Lol
Shadowfire:
2 damage, fort save

Tars:
((hehe
Niik:
2??? you had me skerd for a min there

Hedd:
((Fort save or DIE
Shadowfire:
small, low str
* Niik rolls: d20+ . . . my char shee just crashed => Invalid expression: d20+ . . . my char shee just crashed.

Tars:
((lol Hedd
* Niik rolls: d20+6 => 3 + 6 = 9
Niik:
fuk
* Shadowfire rolls: d4 => 3
Shadowfire:
points of dex damage
Niik:
darn thats bad, taht puts me at seven dex
Shadowfire:
yea, and 13 ac

Hedd:
same as me

Tars:
((we should be nearly done here
Niik:
balls i say

Tars:
((who's up?
Niik:
im going to limp out of the room
Shadowfire:
50 on pede
Shadowfire:
... 50 on tars lol

Niik:
WATCHOUT
Shadowfire:
1 dmg tars, for save
Shadowfire:
fort*
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+4 => 1 + 4 = 5

Tars:
* Shadowfire rolls: d4 => 2

Niik:
oh for fuks sake
Shadowfire:
points of dex damage

Hedd:
Critical failure...
* Tars winces

Niik:
we are going to dex ourselfs to death

Tars:
dex 13 now

Niik:
well i am, maybe not you lol
Shadowfire:
yep

Hedd:
((You started with 16 dex?
Shadowfire:
Hedd, your turn to be bitten again! go

Tars:
Pah! It's crawlers squishing time

Niik:
LMAO

Hedd:
Yay

Hedd:
((Grapple + strike #50
Shadowfire:
kk
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +3 => 12 + 3 = 15
Shadowfire:
hit
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +7 => 20 + 7 = 27
Shadowfire:
hit

Hedd:
Confirmation

Tars:
((we should get a rogue. with all that grappling, there'd be sneak attacks galore
* Hedd rolls: 1d20 +7 => 2 + 7 = 9
Shadowfire:
he outta dere!

Hedd:
((that was crit confirm

Hedd:
((Not dam
Shadowfire:
oh lol, damage xD
Hedd:
That would acctually be pretty cool tars
Hedd:
is it crit?
Shadowfire:
yea
Hedd:
Woo!
* Hedd rolls: 1d3 +3 => 2 + 3 = 5
Shadowfire:
ur grappling, it not so defended
Hedd:
15 damage
Hedd:
no, 10
Hedd:
sorry :/
Shadowfire:
crits are rolled all seperate die
Hedd:
ok
* Hedd rolls: 2d3 +6 => 6 + 6 = 12
Shadowfire:
its dead...
Hedd:
maxx
Shadowfire:
niik go

Niik:
5ft step
Shadowfire:
aye

Niik:
and river dance on it
* Niik rolls: d20+3 => 10 + 3 = 13
Shadowfire:
Shadowfire:
miss

Niik:
fark
Shadowfire:
tars
Niik:
yes you will
Shadowfire:
u can take a 2 part move

Tars:
gonna risk an aoo here, and charge
Niik:
charge?

Tars:
+2 charge, +2 flank
Shadowfire:
as in speical attack?

Tars:
yes

Tars:
attacking 30

Tars:
ah, wait
Shadowfire:
u need some room first and a straight line dont ya?

Tars:
there's stuff in the way, isn't there?
Niik:
and he'd have to stop way before he did to attack
Shadowfire:
yea, table in the middle

Tars:
yeah. got a straight line, but looks like there's too much clutter in the way
Niik:
im sure you can hit him
Niik:
just smash the feces out of em

Tars:
can he move to here.... over the table?
Niik:
25 will get you there

Tars:
even if it's difficult terrain it's only 20 feet
Niik:
you can go around for 25
Shadowfire:
you must move 20 feet in a straight line at your opponet to charge

Tars:
k, either way he should be ok to get there. not charging
Niik:
right
Shadowfire:
phb 154
Shadowfire:
yea

Tars:
so +2 to flank
Shadowfire:
yes
* Tars! rolls: 1d20+7 => 10 + 7 = 17
Shadowfire:
hit
* Tars! rolls: 2d4+6 => 5 + 6 = 11
Shadowfire:
you hit... and slice it clean in half

Tars:
By Kord's mighty sinews!
Niik:
LOL

Tars:
Let's hope that was all of them.
Niik:
im gtfo

Tars:
because I don't want to take any more bites
Hedd:
Rawr!
Niik:
WTF IS THAT?
Hedd:
Massive bug attack
Hedd:
lol
Shadowfire:
had to mess w/ya
Niik:
oh ok lol

Tars:
((um, i'm assuming this is a no brainer, but just in case, gonna search one. I'm sure none of these carry loot...))
Hedd:
Oh shadow, you are a huge troll
Shadowfire:
ok, so goin upstairs all together?
Hedd:
You find a spleen
Hedd:
Do you need a spleen?
Niik:
im leaving and calling ammy with me

Tars:
((i may...
You whisper to Tars!: you find a bunch of goo
Niik:
could use it for stew
Hedd:
Cause now you've got a spare
* Tars finds goo!

Tars:
Right, let's go up then
Hedd:
Yea, lets head back up
Shadowfire:
so niik up first
Niik:
sure
Hedd:
I think weve taken everything of any value already
* Tars kicks at a dead pede on the way up
Shadowfire:
one second i gotta answer the phone
Hedd:
Im locked movement
Shadowfire:
what the hell, feel free to move around and explore
Shadowfire:
brb
Hedd:
To the pary room!
Hedd:
*party!
Niik:
dsdfasdfa
Niik:
ut o
Niik:
im super chop
Hedd:
Huh... What's in the morter and pestle..
Hedd:
Nikk, you got knowledge(nature,) yea?

Tars:
the room was used to prepare potions, I'm guessing
Niik:
i think my maptools is crashing
Hedd:
((I already took the potions))

Tars:
Tars has knowledge nature

Tars:
iirc
Hedd:
You can check out the herbs then
Niik is disconnected.
Hedd:
ooh...
Hedd:
brb bio
Niik has connected.
Shadowfire:
still on right map man?

Tars:
i see hedd, but not niik
Niik:
am i supposed to be in the hallway?
Niik:
up top
Niik:
with valeria
Shadowfire:
its that darn room
Shadowfire:
one sec
You whisper to Niik: as you head up the stairs, you hear "There's what? Down Where? AHHHHHH" make a will save
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 17 + 4 = 21
Niik:
nice
Shadowfire:
everyone, you hear a scream from above, will saves please, second one from u niik
Hedd:
my visions messed up
* Niik rolls: d20+4 => 4 + 4 = 8
Niik:
my vision is wacked out too
* Tars! rolls: 1d20 => 9
Table D20 (Hedd):
Hedd:
Shadowfire:
ammy?
Tars:
What now?!
Shadowfire:
ammy save pls
Niik:
im working on it
Shadowfire:
k
* Niik rolls: d20+1 => 18 + 1 = 19
Tars:
hm no idea where my token is
Niik:
i thought ocmpanions got a bonus for enchnatments and feces like that but fukit
You whisper to Hedd: at the head of the stairs, a wizard just cast a spell, and your allies fall to sleep
Shadowfire:
Niik, tars, you have fallen asleep
Tars:
Zzzzzzzzzz
Hedd whispers: and the dog?
Niik:
Its sleepy time . . . .
Player "confused" is not connected.
* Tars snores loudly
You whisper to Hedd: confused

Hedd:
what's going on??!

Domitriaux Alazandar Prometheius Benzoi Cremeti Quinar Remertiat:
IM SO SORRY! I thought you were one of them!
Niik:
"No momma, no. I don't want to go to school today. I wan to stay home and back cookies with youuuuuu."

Hedd:
((lol
Niik:
long donkey name

Hedd:
Who's there! Show yourself!
Niik:
moron tried to put insects to sleep???
Shadowfire:
you all wake up with slight tap form Vaerieal
Niik:
Good morning all!

Domitriaux Alazandar Prometheius Benzoi Cremeti Quinar Remertiat:
So i take it you are the kind souls that are helping with our little... problem?
Niik:
did he jsut call me kind?
Tars:
What?! No, I don't wish to buy your funny smelling used codpieces! I already.... oh..
Niik:
LMAO

Hedd:
((I still dont see who it is...
Shadowfire:
You see a gnome in a robe standing at the head of the stairs, smiling apologeticaly
Niik:
Yes sir, we helped out
Shadowfire:
now?
Niik:
We even got you a present.
* Tars rubs eyes and looks around
Tars:
((i need to head out in 5
Niik:
Its in the cage down there. Mayne it will help figure out where these things came from.

Hedd:
Yes.. we- we cleared the basement...
Tars:
((unfortunately
Shadowfire:
Its cool, u good for being away from rp?
Niik:
balls
Tars:
Yes, though we couldn't save the man
Hedd:
Urrgh... My pc is lagging, getting chat like 5 at a time
Shadowfire:
well, can everyone 100% be here tomorrow?

Hedd:
Yes!
Tars:
((i can be, but i need to finish by around the same time
Niik:
I shot you a few messages throughout the week about not being able to make it tomarrow.
Shadowfire:
darn soryy niik
Niik:
Said i planned on plying longer tonight, i dont 'care if i miss though
Niik:
yall can play and i'll read to catch up
Tars:
what about friday?

Hedd:
No...
Shadowfire:
Ill streamline on forum, im gone friday

Hedd:
Never on a friday... ;p;
Tars:
maybe we could finish up on forums then, at least lvling, stuff like that
Tars:
the reward
Hedd:
sounds ok
Shadowfire:
Ill streamline on Forum, where Y'all can read a bit of a funny dialoge, level, and then we can get together tomorrow for crafting, and tuesday for me and niik, sound fair?
Hedd:
Cleric 2
Niik:
thursday are becoming a problem for me as i am starting new medication and it has to be maintained weekly, i check in on thursdays
Tars:
sorry guys, feel free to keep going some more, but i need to take off
Niik:
yea im just gonna go another level druid
Niik:
alright tars catch you later
Hedd:
Seeyas!
Shadowfire:
what I said above sound good?
Hedd:
Sounds ok
Tars:
sounds good
Niik:
sounds good to me
Shadowfire:
It will include a loot list, which ya'll will need to divide
Tars:
wait, so we are on tomorrow?
Niik:
o
Niik:
ooposs sorry
Tars:
not sure what you mean by crafting. tars isn't going to craft anything
Shadowfire:
for crafts and feces yea
Niik:
i'll join tomarrow if i make it back in time
Hedd:
ok
Shadowfire:
niik and i can catch up on tuesday next week if nesscissary
Niik:
ok later then doods
Niik:
sure
Hedd:
I might make some acid ar whatevers
Tars:
ah, gotcha
Niik:
droppin acid huh?
Tars:
lol
Hedd:
Yepps
Tars:
we'll need to try and id the potions too... unless the gnome wants them back
Hedd:
fire didnt work too well :/ so... ACID
Tars:
anyway, I need to run
Niik:
don't show them to him and he won't want them back
Tars:
cya!
Hedd:
Okies, seeya
Niik:
later doods
Hedd:
say they got eaten by the blue thing
Shadowfire:
kk, closing down server, will continue on forum! till next week
Niik is disconnected.
Hedd is disconnected.
You have disconnected.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

As the Heroes ascend the stairs, they are assaulted by magic! Shrugging off the first spell, the Druid succumbs to the second, and falls soundly asleep along with the barbarian. The Cleric stares dumbfounded at the small figure at the head of the stairs, at first thinking " A child is this powerful?!?" but on a second glance, he recognized it as a gnome.

"Oh no, I thought you were one of the giant bugs!" Apologized the gnome, as he awakened the two sleepers. "Vaerieal was just telling me about you"

Im a bit lazy right now, gotta work on next adventure and all, will finish this later, but here is what y'all have been waiting for, the TREASURE!

Gnome- "So after all that, my lawman insisted that I start a fund of sorts, to compensate people that help me get out of... trouble. Wes please go get the chest from the vault." -the assistant goes away, and then comes back lugging a good sized chest- "Ah, good good, thank you. Open it up, see what you have earned!"

As you sift through the treasure, he explains to you what each is:
A magically enhanced shield (Heavy wood +1)
Two full wands (one of detect magic, one of light)
A healers kit
A skin lotion that went bad some time ago that makes awesome skin armor (Oil of barkskin +2)
46 Platinum
560 Gold
897 Silver
3742 Copper
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Loot Split

We use a Need/Greed system, any uncontested items are auto won, with the winner 'buying it' at half price from the party, and contested winnings are bid upon. So First is the items:
(key: T=Tars,N=Niik,H=Hedd, +=Need, 0=Greed, -1=Pass)
Heavy Wooden Shield +1: T-, H-, N?
Oil of Barkskin +2: T+,H-,N?
(Full) Wand of light: T-,H-,N?
(49c) Wand of Detect Magic: T-,H+,N?
Healers Kit: T-, H+,N?

The Following Players MUST reserve at least the following gold (3/4 item value [1/2 price if uncontested, 1/4 additional for bidding):
Tars: 225g (potion of barkskin)
Hedd: 229.6.9 (Wand of Detect magic) 31.2.5 (Healers Kit) Total= 239.9.4
Niik:

and xp total is 1600, 1500 from encounters, 100 from RP and making me LMAO

Gold Split:
Hedd:15pp 197gp 1sp 6cp
Niik:16pp 187gp 1sp 6cp
Tars:15pp 197gp 1sp 6cp

Each is a total of 347.1.6 Gp
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Nikroesis
Kobold

Post by Nikroesis »

I want to play a catfolk vampire . . .

Shadowfireomega
Giant

eh, just post the sources and we'll see what we can't do
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Return to “World of Omegus”