Nik's Eberron [Merged and Locked]

Moderator: Shadowfireomega

AntiTrust
Kobold

Re: Eberron

Post by AntiTrust »

"Siara, I'm guessing this isn't your first rodeo, considering the way you handled yourself back there. Psionics right? Not too familiar with it myself, but there's no mistaking it once you know what to look for. If I had known that ahead of time I wouldn't have considered asking for you assistance, what with the Quori being involved and all, but I knew if anything could get through to Kain it was a set of legs that wouldn't quit." a boyish grin creeps across Bishops face

"There's no simple way to say you've just royally stepped in it, but there you go. Those creatures back there, those aberrations, were after my friends and me. If the Quori are working with them then they certainly know about you now. Considering what they did to these random strangers to get to us, you're only options are to go into hiding or stick it out with us. Can't say which is safer really, might be best to just forget you ever saw us. It certainly seems like the sanest choice."

"If you decide to stick it out with us there is something you need to be aware of" Bishops tone goes from informal to serious. "I have a strong suspicion that your specialty is telepathy. I say this because of the way you acted around Kain and the way I've seen other psions operate. I just want to make this clear to you; I do not and will not have you invading the minds of myself, my friends, or anyone not wanting to put you six feet under. Domination, enthrallment, these kinds of enchantments I've seen ruin the lives of people, not just the people it was used on, but the people who use it as well.”

“When I was a child my uncle tried to control my mind, and the magical backlash killed him, I had killed him, I couldn't control it, but that doesn't make him any less dead. When a student at the school I went to tried to help a poor beggar addicted to lily-of-the-valley by instilling in him a great fear of the drug with enchantments it shattered the man’s mind. Somewhere inside of him he knew what had been done to him, subconsciously. He tried to fight it. Regain control of his own choices. And that struggle tore his psyche to shreds. The student didn’t' fare well either, it damaged him, made it harder for him to control his impulses with magic. Made him a lot more likely to lose control and hurt someone else. It was a vicious cycle and the school was forced to kill him under Karnnathi law. Since then I've come to the conclusion that these kinds of magics, despite good intentions, only seem to harm everyone involved. So I'm just giving you fair warning now, if you should continue to do this and something should happen, if you harm someone who doesn't deserve it, if you change and become a danger to yourself and those around you I will be there and I will do what I have to, to make sure it doesn't happen again." Bishops gaze, cold enough to freeze marble, never once leave you as he says this, and you have no doubt in your mind that he meant every last word of it.

"Now what's it going to be? Are you coming with us or should I just forget I ever met you?"

Kain_Firethorn
Kobold

Post by Kain_Firethorn »

nods her head and calmly watches bishop as he talks, her face betraying absolutely nothing, no flinches or muscle tics, then she simply shrugs, "Well, to be perfectly honest, ill do whatever the f**k i feel like to survive and live my life, i will say that i will.... refrain from messing with your or your friends minds, but if its me or you, you'd be stupid to think ill choose you." she tosses her hair back over her shoulder with a flick of her head, as she looks about, then back at bishop, "and believe me, if you come after me, ill kill you, ill utterly f**king destroy you, ok? no hard feelings, but my survival and my life are my top priorities, no one else comes before me..." she pauses for a few moments, seeming to mull things over, running a hand through her hair, "but ill join, sure, and ill try and help you guys with... whatever the f**k your doing, and you really dont need to worry about myself, i know the quori, and they have already heared of me."

AntiTrust
Kobold

Post by AntiTrust »

Dear Quella d'Cannith,

My name is Bishop Zarkarian, I'm a private detective out of Korth and I write this letter to you today because I have reason to believe that a group of Daelkyr are planning on using Joseph Boorkin to recreate the dragonmark duplicating machine you destroyed nearly a year ago. I have evidence that they have been in contact with Boorkin for this purpose despite his incarceration in Dreadhold. I and my companions would like to speak to you and Hammer in private about your roles in those past events, please send word back to me with haste, I will be awaiting your reply in Arcanix.

Sincerely,

Bishop Zarkarian

Return to “World of Omegus”