New House Rules (Omegus)

Moderator: Shadowfireomega

Shadowfireomega
Giant

New House Rules (Omegus)

Post by Shadowfireomega »

I'll post new house rules here. This first post will contain a list of the house rules, and each will also have their own post.

House Rules
1.Double Critical
2.Critical Success
3.Critical Failures
4.Squares Containing Bodies
5.Feats with prerequisites
6.Alignment Prerequisites for Classes
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Re: New House Rules (Omegus)

Alignment Prerequisites for Classes
This rule addresses some of the classes I think have an alignment prerequisite that I don't particularly like, there will be a 'index' and an in-depth explanation and new allowed alignments.

Index
1. Assassin

Assassin
Different regions and cultures look upon the stealthy killing in different ways and even create their own rules and regulations for the sanctified murder of certain individuals.
New allowed alignments:
NG, CG; The best way to beat an assassin, is Chuck Norris. But barring that, another assassin can come in handy. This in mind, many non-lawful good cultures have trained in secrecy warriors that track down and assassinate other assassins and serial murderers. The only rule that these assassins follow is their targets must have been either assigned to them by their guild or association, or they must have killed at least three innocent or undeserving people in at least three instances. Self defense is always allowed. Poisons for an NG or CG assassin will never change their alignment, as long as they are approved by the contract.

LG; There are a select few of this alignment that call themselves assassins. Only the truly pure can resist the taint of killing someone who didn't see it coming. These assassins follow a very strict dogma; They never assassinate one whom is not on their contract, and they only kill the most vile of evils, a shining light striking from the dark corner. Poisons are forbidden in all but the most dire situations, where an opponent is unnaturally strong and dangerous.

LN; The assassins of this alignment take almost any work, but follow a code, usually not killing innocents, always choose stealth over confrontation, never betraying their organization and the like. These guilds tend to be legalized in some lands, used as a last resort for criminals that normal law enforcement fails to eliminate, and in such lands the government will take the requests for a personal assassination and decide if the wrongdoing permits this harsh treatment. A target can only lawfully have one lawful attack on his life in most cases for each permit, but special contracts can be paid for where an assassin or group thereof make it their duty to kill the target at all costs.

TN, CN; These assassins tend to work for guilds or themselves, seeing the job as work and nothing more, or certain individuals that employ their own skills to further their own goals. Killing is killing, why does the method matter as long as it's fast and not cruel, a fighter rending heads and a wizard frying bodies are not seen as evil, unless they are in fact evil, so why should a blade to the back or a poisoned drink be any different?

The other entry prerequisite is still the same, although the killing will most likley be a test, as well as the soon-to be assassin's first mark.
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Rules for Non-attendance

Here are the rules I am going to enforce for non-attendance, this post will be left here for a week and then it'll join the rest of the rules in another post.

On normal, weekly game days (Wed. 12 noon cst)
IF notice is given, or if a good excuse for no notice:
1/2 normal xp as an additional share (not calculated in the groups xp)
1/4 loot in gp as an additional share (not calculated in the groups loot)
IF NO notice is given, and a bad excuse for no notice:
no xp
no loot
IF needed to leave early with some notice:
Full xp from fights participated in, matching loot from such as well.
Full xp from later fights, calculated as if s/he was there (aka party of 5 missing 1 gets xp as 4 characters, missing gets xp as if he was there and there were 5 players) and matching loot as if split included them.

On spillover days (Thurs. 12 noon)
If non-attendance for any reasons:
normal xp as an additional share calculated as if they were there.(not calculated in groups xp)
1/2 loot as additional share in gp(not calculated in groups loot)

On shifted days/holidays (if wed is holiday for me for example and im spending it w/o wifi):
In any case:
Normal xp (not calculated in party xp)
Normal loot (not calculated in party loot)

The reasons are such:
If you have the respect to contact me sometime before the game, then I can respect your inability to be there and compensate you.
On days that we spillover, its not a required day, so xp wise it shouldn't be a burden to you for showing up on a day that was not set in stone.
I respect that not everyone shares the same religion, as I am part of a religious minority myself, and every religion has its own holidays. I will usually give a xp bonus to anyone who can show up when we are scheduled to play on one of their holidays (and that will spill over to the group as well) and normal xp to anyone who cannot show. I will send everyone my number I can be reached at when I do not have wifi in case of emergencies.
-Benjamin Fisher
-Miles Kington
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

Return to “World of Omegus”