Important Discussion: Party Make-up

Moderator: Shadowfireomega

Shadowfireomega
Giant

Important Discussion: Party Make-up

Post by Shadowfireomega »

With the absence of Nik, I have been forced to let him go as a player. I had his donkey taken by his uncle, and he is not coming back. With that said, there is a hole in the party that can either be filled or covered over. So the main choices as I see them, and feel free to toss in your 2 cents if you think there is another.

1. We settle in with 4 characters. Pros: We have less members in combat to take up time. Cons: There would be one less member in combat to contribute.

2. We look for a new member here, on the forums. Pros: We could fill in a slot that we may need. Cons: They could turn out to be like nik, and we would just need to do this again.

3. Shadowfire could stay, with a normal share of the loot and xp. Pros: If the game is on, Shadowfire will be there. Cons: Just a tad bit harder on me, plus he would have his own agenda.

Just to clarify, the only choice for a DM run character will be shadowfire, for this simple reason: I have played him many times before, both as a DM and as a player.

Tell me what you think, the choice will have to be made before wed. next week, especially if I need to make a post on my phone from vacation to find another player :P, I'll give till Sunday to whittle down the choices and then the voting will conclude on Wednesday. of course if there is a unanimous decision, then we'll just go with that right off the bat.
"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, there would be nothing left to learn, and that would be a world I would not want to live in."
-Benjamin Fisher
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
-Miles Kington
"Space is his favorite thing in the world!"
-Kayla Kros
"Anything times 1 is 1"
-Kayla Kros

AntiTrust
Kobold

Re: Important Discussion: Party Make-up

Post by AntiTrust »

Troy here aka Nicodemus.

I'm happy with 4 and with the removal of the DM-pc. 4 is the standard party size for most adventure paths, and keeping Shadowfire, although makes our lives easier, is an undue burden on any DM. Also I think we can manage fine without him. Got a cleric/melee, fighter, wizard, rogue; that's all our bases covered. If ranged is needed I can start gearing my summons towards more ranged combat.

That's a little more than 2 cents, but you can keep the change.

--Troy

satheyo
Kobold

Post by satheyo »

My vote: (the same as Troy's) 4 Players works for me
"Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours." -Words to the D'Haran devotion

ithildur
Cave Troll

Post by ithildur »

Quick question that's relevant to this. Anyone planning on taking Leadership feat for cohorts? That would make it an easier choice, keep it at 4 PCs if the answer is yes.

Currently we do have a fairly well rounded party, 3 melees including a divine primary caster as well and one a half arcane caster, and a full wizard (though with a narrow focus). We have decent skills with Tahli. Plus the Cleric has DMM Persist.

We also get a ton of freebies in this game such as the magic Walmart access, free rests between sessions/on lvl up, etc. A party of 4 that's well balanced (and plays smart) should be fine...

But... here's the deal. My RL schedule/situation will soon change, and I'm unsure how much I'll be able to participate regularly. In light of that it may be advisable to look for a committed 5th player who can make it regularly.

AntiTrust
Kobold

Post by AntiTrust »

I don't plan on taking the leadership feat, however there will come a point where I will have a planar creature with me for days at a time, but no more than 1 of such creatures.

--Troy

ithildur
Cave Troll

Post by ithildur »

Well it's happened as I expected, I am working full time again, for which I'm grateful. But it does mean I'll have to drop from the campaign as I can no longer make the weekday sessions.

Thanks for the game everyone, best of luck.

Return to “World of Omegus”