Session 3: Who let the Goblins out! (2011-11-07)

Moderator: Corsario

killersqid
Kobold

Re: Session 3: Who let the Goblins out! (2011-11-07)

Post by killersqid »

I will create a wiki if i get it to a good point I'll post it in here. I forgot to say that i did have a lot of fun and enjoy the way things are going. I am also open to talking in character on the forum between games in order to get to know each others characters.

Corsario
Giant

Post by Corsario »

killersqid wrote:I will create a wiki if i get it to a good point I'll post it in here. I forgot to say that i did have a lot of fun and enjoy the way things are going. I am also open to talking in character on the forum between games in order to get to know each others characters.
Excellent! Can wait to see the wiki. I'll have to send you some images and maps.
Saludos
--
El Corsario Negro

lacertus
Kobold

Post by lacertus »

My impressions on the first goblin battle.
For starters, I know a little better Corsario's style and I think we had more than a little luck this time, it will get much tougher than this. In fact it would have been if we hadn't "ruined the surprise" almost at the beginning, yet I must applaud Corsario for making the most of his ruined plans. (Hope he is not over thinking a comeback)
On the players side, there were two very different ways to play, one looking to collaborate and one as a collection of lonely characters. Personally I leave the second to video games and not for RPGs but i suppose it is everyone's prerogative and it is enough to be aware of everyone's likes and styles.

I agree with others in regards of the timing being a little slow, but it is always the case when online gaming with any degree of role playing (and often even without it), being punctual and trying to keep active seems the healthiest thing, if it gets hard to bear due to be tired i would recommend moving the out of character to Skype of some other voice medium to keep active even off turn or simply chatting in character. (after all, talking is a free action)

All in all, I have really enjoyed the past sessions and look forward for the next challenges, I know things can and will get rough on our characters but it is part of the fun. Moving part of the role playing to e-mail of forum activity seems like a good idea but we would need to set the timing and scope of such interaction very clear so that everyone can decide if it is possible to attend to it and covers something amusing making it worth while.

P.S. Sorry for the delay.

Bolo Lacertus (playing Magu)

lacertus
Kobold

Post by lacertus »

On the specific questions:
So, before continuing (starting?) the Adventure Path we need to do several things:
a) Got to choose how we will play. Together, separated in the same campaign, separated.
I think we should play together, it is a fact of life that not all of us will go on the same length of time and it is worth at least a try to play as a big group, moving some interactions to the forum would help to get things moving and if it is too slow we can always make adjustments on the next sessions. If we split it would be more difficult to unite latter on.

b) Got to choose a Framework (or lack of it) for Maptools. I depends on the party size.
So fat, i think no framework and personal macros would work well.

c) Got to check all the characters, see they all are ok, and gave you "hooks" with the campaign. Prepare for next level.
On the forum may be the right place for all book keeping, specially "solo adventuring" and leveling.

d) Motivate you to play "off line". Use the forum to enrich the game. Off line roleplaying, planning, etc. Having you posting more.
As i said, if we keep book keeping here plus individual role playing (and maybe even some limited interaction group role playing) it should be interesting, not too much work on the GM and a big help on the Monday sessions.

Bolo Lacertus (playing Magu)

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”