Session 3: Who let the Goblins out! (2011-11-07)

Moderator: Corsario

Corsario
Giant

Session 3: Who let the Goblins out! (2011-11-07)

Post by Corsario »

Dramatis Personae

* Gorum Followers Caravan
- Kealm, Inquisitor, Caravan Captain. Played by Tyrs13
- Grummsh, Half-Orc Cleric, Caravan Lieutenant. Played by Patrick
- Lucron, Synthesis Summoner, Caravan Warrior. Played by Mark
- Revan, Variasian Half-Elf Rogue, hired caravan guide. Played by Abracadaver
- Dave, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- Bob, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- John, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- Grumpy, Small donkey, very aggressive, pulling a small cart

* Other characters that join them for protection and company
- Falk, Elven Wizard, explorer. Played by Elio
- Grift, Gunslinger, adventurer. Played by James
- Maelx, Dwarf Summoner, Professor. Played by Louis
- Magu, Chelaxian Half-Elf nun, only female PC. Played by Bolo Lacertus
- Theodosia Scarnetti, Human NPC, Aristocrat young girl

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of a narration of the session, I will write a scene at the party Titus throws to celebrate his sister's safe return to Sandpoint, with Theodosia Scarnetti telling Sandpoint mayor Kendra Deverin about the Goblin attack to the night camp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The mayor, getting advantage from a pause in the party, gets close to Theodosia Scarnetti, and taking her by the arm, leads her into a balcony.

- Miss Scarnetti, you promised me to tell me about the combat you participated in.

Theodosia, with her gleaming smile, answered the woman, the Mayor, leader of the Deverin family, maybe the only family on equal standing than hers. Even as Kendra was only 10 years or so older, she had a presence Theodosia had always look up, as an older sister she had never had.

- Mayor... - she started.

- Kendra, please - interrupted Kendra, with a gleaming smile of her own.

- Then call me Theo, please - say Theodosia with a mischievous smile.

- Theo?, Where did you... - the Mayor seemed off balance with the nickname

- My new friends are not as formal as us, with our fancy parties.

Kendra smiled again, understanding the origin of the nickname, and why the young girl had adopted it for herself. Youth, so wonderful and brief.

- Well, the night before we reach town I was sleep near the campfire, when a bell, like a church bell, starting to ring. It was so strange! There, in the middle of nowhere, like a church was just next to us.

She used her hands to point to a church that wasn't there.

- It all happened so fast! As it happens, the elf wizard had set up a ward to warn us of danger, and as soon as the goblin got near it arouse up from our sleep. The magic he wields is enormous. Just after the magic bell rang, she caused some goblins to fell sleep, and then caused a lot of them to trip and fell on each other at the other side of the camp, just by his magic. Falk, that is his name, can be quiet sometimes, but he surely is a very capable wizard, as we have never seen in this lands.

Kendra turned to try and see the wizard in the party, without success.

- And lady Magu, the monk! It was deep in the night. All was dark around us. She starts telling everybody where the Goblins were! She was able to see the first Goblins where only a distraction, and that we were surrounded. She was really brave for me, and kept me safe all the while. There where dozen of goblins, and none of them came near me. Did I told you she fell a huge robber with one hit?

Kendra nodded while she saw the traveling monk talking to the resident monk of Sandpoint, and noticed something odd about both of the woman warriors. She would have to pay attention to them.

- The next thing I know a horde of Goblins charge towards the cart, obviously their target, trying to rob it. Well, the captain organized the defense and they made a human wall to defend it. It was like in the stories we tell us, a wall where the waves of goblins crashed and break. And the captain in the middle, facing all them without flinching. No goblin survived! Even Grumpy...

- Grumpy? - interrupted the mayor

- Yes, "Grumpy", our donkey... well, their donkey. Even he trampled a Goblin. And Lucron, the wizard you saw transformed into that cat-thing - Theodosia made a weird sign with her hand - well, he conjured a dog from thin air, and the dog started to attack the goblins and bite them and chase them all around. Maelx, the dwarf, he too conjured a huge rat - now she made a face of disgust - that attacked the goblins too, and then he stood next to the Varisian Revan Povalli, the brother of the seamstress, and Magu, and they defended me from the biggest part of the goblins. Revan was our guide, and he told me he lived here not long ago, and is just now back after a log absence. Do you know why he left?

The mayor, at hearing the Varisian name, turn to look at him. At the same time eyes betrayed concern... and maybe something else...

- No, I don't - the mayor lied.

- The dwarf is quite interesting. - continued Theodosia - He is a scholar. I'm sure he is as knowledgeable than any master in Magnimar or Korvosa. And he has certain something with the girls, for what I have heard - Theodosia finished with a giggle - he is really educated, you know, but at the same time rugged and strong. He has magic, too! Do you think I can convince Titus to hire him to tutor me?

The mayor frown, and raised her shoulders.

- I wouldn't bet on it... So the wizard Lucron... he wasn't a... "cat-thing" that night?

- No, he isn't when he sleeps. He seems normal, frail even. But I saw him jump across a river when the bandits tried to rob us, when transformed. He is strong and fast as you couldn't believe it.

Thodosia grabbed Kendra's arm, and told her excitedly.

- But the most impressive thing I saw was Grummsh!

- The... their cleric? - Kendra avoided the race epithet on time, thanks to her diplomatic experience.

- Yes! He is impressive, you know, but then, just 10 feet from me, he asked his god to help him and he started to grow! Grow! Bigger than he already is! He became as big as two humans, and started to walk all around the campfire and stomp on the little Goblins, slicing them as a cook slices fruits and vegetables! He was surrounded and he keep stomping and slicing them until they ran away, afraid of them all.

- You sure had a eventful trip here. I'm glad you got here unharmed.

Theodosia turned to see the party, and smiled while she saw her new friends.

- I have only to thank them all for that. I think those 2 days where the best I have lived so far.

The mayor, experienced in reading people, noticed how Theodosia smiled more while seeing at the adventurer... Grift.

Another thing to pay attention to. This band of adventurers really had make a splash in Sandpoint. Kendra just hoped everything turn out fine for the town. Even if they didn't find her secret. Better if they didn't find her secret. She needed them on her side. Even Revan, the Varisian, if possible.

- You didn't tell me nothing about that adventurer... what was his name?

Theodosia, at once, stopped moving and talking. She turn to look outside, and turn red.

- Yes, Grift. Well, he is... I don't know. He is really rough. As rough as leather... I can't explain it. We has some kind of new magic. A new weapon that makes great noise and smoke and light. A powerful weapon. Do you see it? Is that weird think he always keeps near. He even sleeps with... - Theodosia stopped talking and took her hand to her mouth, ashamed.

Kendra, keeping her eyes on Grift, didn't let the smile show on her lips. Her intuition was as sharp as ever.

- I guess all they sleep with their weapons handy - Kendra provided the young woman with a clear exit for her predicament, and feinted she didn't get the implications of Theodosia's indiscretion.

- Yes, of course! - Theodosia grabbed the opportunity.

- Let's go in, my dear - Kendra guided the girl back to the party - and thanks, you narration was very amusing - and informative, the Mayor though to herself. Now I know much more of this strangers. More than they know of me. I have to keep it that way.
Last edited by Corsario on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Included Theodosia's narration

Corsario
Giant

Don't mind the old man behind the curtain

Post by Corsario »

I'm sorry to say this has been the worst mastering I have done so far.

Let me explain.

I confess I work with computers. I love them. I use Maptools not only as a game "help" but also because I like the application, and see what I can do with it. But this time I let that distract me from the game itself, and that got me out of focus.

The use of a framework took us some valuable time, and only to have my server crash with the load. The computer I'm using as server is old, and not that good, and it showed this time (2 crashes). We lost all you made in your character sheets in the first hour, and the things I had prepared. I knew if was a risk of using the framework, and to have more than 50 tokens in a single encounter, and we paid the price.

So, I let the technical aspect of the game get the better of me.

This was the third and last "preparation" encounter I had planned for the campaign beginning. The adventure path actually starts when the characters are in Sandpoint, not before. My plan was to use those 3 encounters to get to know each other, maptools and my mastering style. Foreplay. Now the adventure really starts. Can you imagine my original plan was to have the three encounters in one session?

We had a huge battle, with all eight of you, plus 4 NPC's (5 considering grumpy), against 40 goblins. I think it was slow, but it help us to see how i worked. How we started slow but get more comfortable as the battle progressed. I have to say you were really efficient at stopping the goblins. I have planned for you to lose some things from the wagon, but you never let the wagon out of your guard. I have planned for you to save Theodosia from being captured or killed, but you protected her without any opening. I wanted one or two of the warrior NPC to die, but they were used in such a way they didn't. The players tactics were flawless. The fact you discover the "distraction" and didn't fell for it helped a lot.

Got to take that into account for next time :twisted:

So, hard choices.

I have another player joining in, maybe next session. 9 players, 10 counting me.

What do we do?
Are we too many?

I think we have three options. Don't be mad or feel threatened or anything. Read them, breathe, and think calmly. The read them again and remember I don't usually write in English. My intention is only to propose some options, nothing is decided yet.

a) We keep going as we are now. We are getting better at this. Yes, we are a big group, but we can manage it. I like the group as it is, the party dynamics are promising. If I try and make the game swift, and with some help from you, we can make it really good.

b) We split the party in two groups. One group plays Mondays, the other another day. Both groups "live" in the same campaign, facing the same threats, meeting the same NPC's. While one group deals with some enemies, the other deals with others. We can even have "cameos" here and there with a different member of one group playing with the other every "episode". Can be fun. And with big season "finales" with all the characters together facing the big bad boyz. Well done it can be seen as having twice the fun (and the work, in my case :D ). Having 5 players for session will help us to have more play time for each one of you. And me.

c) We split the party in two groups, independent campaigns. Two different days. I run the same campaign for each group independently. Each group have 100% of the adventure path for themselves. Each group have to deal with every threat, and get to have every girl from themselves ;). As with the previous option, more game time for all. I don't need to generate more content, just use the same one twice.

So, before continuing (starting?) the Adventure Path we need to do several things:

a) Got to choose how we will play. Together, separated in the same campaign, separated.

b) Got to choose a Framework (or lack of it) for Maptools. I depends on the party size.

c) Got to check all the characters, see they all are ok, and gave you "hooks" with the campaign. Prepare for next level.

d) Motivate you to play "off line". Use the forum to enrich the game. Off line roleplaying, planning, etc. Having you posting more.

If we can do it on the week, before next session, better. If not we use next session to be ready for the beginning of the adventure path.

So... What do we do...
Last edited by Corsario on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Flesh out the post

Corsario
Giant

Feedback

Post by Corsario »

Please, all the feedback or opinions of this session put in as replies in this threads.

This time we have some good questions to answer...

If any of you even does a character "diary" or something like that, I promise to give some kind of reward "in-game" (I have to motivate it somehow, right?).

You can also give private feedback by mail ([email protected]) or skype (corsario_mexico).

abracadaver
Kobold

Re: Session 3: Who let the Goblins out! (2011-11-07)

Post by abracadaver »

Pros:
Good amount of fluff during the encounter.
The encounter felt balanced.
Good visuals, I liked how several different goblin portraits were used for the tokens

Cons:
Slow combat (but it did pick up the pace as the encounter continued)
Too many pcs/npcs in the party, this is mostly a nitpick I'm use to smaller games and honestly would never even attempt to DM a group this large
so considering what you have to work with your doing a good job but I feel it does take away from the campaign a bit.

Also as the campaign goes on I think there should be a greater sense of lethality. You mentioned that none of the characters would
die unless we wanted them to. IMO this takes away excitement from the game, if there is no threat of death how can an encounter
truly be meaningful. I'm not suggesting that you should be trying to actively kill the players but the possibility of death should be
there.

Anyways that's all my thoughts on this weeks session, looking forward to next weeks :wink:

Corsario
Giant

Re: Abracadaver

Post by Corsario »

abracadaver wrote:Pros:
The encounter felt balanced.
Good visuals, I liked how several different goblin portraits were used for the tokens
Thanks. I was worried to get the right number of goblins. I think I got them right.
abracadaver wrote:Cons:
Slow combat (but it did pick up the pace as the encounter continued)
Too many pcs/npcs in the party, this is mostly a nitpick I'm use to smaller games and honestly would never even attempt to DM a group this large
so considering what you have to work with your doing a good job but I feel it does take away from the campaign a bit.
I try to think it as practice. We learned a lot of how to play a combat encounter. We started clumsily and we got better as it progressed. But yes, it was a huge battle. Maybe needlessly so.

About the NPC's, yes there are too many. I had planned for two of the NPC warriors to have died already...

And about the group size, yes, it can be a problem. But we can minimize it, and have a good game anyway. Or we can do other things. I have just proposed three different ways. What do you think?
abracadaver wrote:Also as the campaign goes on I think there should be a greater sense of lethality. You mentioned that none of the characters would die unless we wanted them to. IMO this takes away excitement from the game, if there is no threat of death how can an encounter truly be meaningful. I'm not suggesting that you should be trying to actively kill the players but the possibility of death should be there.
Anyways that's all my thoughts on this weeks session, looking forward to next weeks :wink:
That is the good think of what I said... If you want to character to be in risk of dying, and are good with him doing it, I fully support it. I do not pull punches. But I won't kill a character UNLESS the player is good with it. Nor I an actively trying to kill the characters (hope you return the courtesy with my "leading" NPC's - i.e. Ruperta).

If all works as I want, all your characters will stand on the corpse of the ultimate big bad enemy at the end of the campaign, with some scratches and scars, but alive, well and happy.

I prefer that to a campaign where a character or two dies every session...

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

Idk i dont think we would have done as well without the 3 NPCs they were a very valuable resource in the fight. I know some of you arent for the way I "Lead" the caravan, and i am trying to be more relaxed about it. The NPCs allow for some control tactially over the battle, while still leaving you the freedom to do as you please.

I mean do you think i could have done everything on the left flank my self? They also allowed Grummsh to charge to the right/top flank, which to be honest probably saved some of you. I would have prefered if we all kept around the Wagon but obviously some of you wanted to be off on your own and thus were given the freedom to do so. But had we been just PCs Magu wouldnt have been there to hold off the top she would have protected the girl. And it would be a toss up if you all made it to the relative safty of the wagon. I hope you all understood the tactical reasons i had for encircling the wagon. Not just to protect it but it protects us as well.

To be honest though i really do love our party chemistry. For one thing i think Grummsh, bolo, and I worked well together protecting everyone and every thing. And the rest of you did a good job with crowd control. No one got more then a scratch and the one who got them are able to deal with it (Heal or Dr/).

That being said it has been observed things took a while, partially because the group is big. We probably dont put enough time into the game for a party this size. We cant really fix times, with people working and such. We can fix is wasted time, and maybe speed things up. I dont know if i agree with the Frame Work to be honest, it may however speed things up. Its not just your computer causing crashes, program isnt 100% stable.

This leaves me in a bind i dont want the party to break up but i know some of you are less then thrilled at the pace we are going at. I do agree some more leathality to the game cant hurt ... for one thing i would have liked to see a Bigger Goblin Boss. I dont think Corsario needed to have Goblins examining corpses or w/e. They wouldnt have killed Grummsh and if they actually managed to hurt him ... we can heal. Some of the running away i can definatly understand i mean who wants to fight a giant who without effort smashed 4 of my friends, without taking a scratch. I also believe leathality makes one connect to his character. Who is afraid to take on 20 goblins solo when he cant die? It brings some humanity/mortality to the characters.

Edit: Do note though my Favorite system is Dark Heresy, and for those of you who dont know it you come to the table with 3 character sheets because chances are you will die. And i will note You are doing a great job with the party.

Also note if we do split up we are losing out on alot. If we go Caravan / Not Caravan: The ones in the caravan are a sturdy bunch of warriors with a mix of Face/Stealth/Healing. While Not caravan you have mostly ranged PCs with a monk :/. The 1 is missing out of the utility. The other is missing the more Sturdy characters and healing.

Corsario
Giant

Post by Corsario »

Melil13 wrote:Idk i dont think we would have done as well without the 3 NPCs they were a very valuable resource in the fight. I know some of you arent for the way I "Lead" the caravan, and i am trying to be more relaxed about it. The NPCs allow for some control tactially over the battle, while still leaving you the freedom to do as you please.
I have to say the use of the NPC's was flawless.
Melil13 wrote:To be honest though i really do love our party chemistry. For one thing i think Grummsh, bolo, and I worked well together protecting everyone and every thing. And the rest of you did a good job with crowd control. No one got more then a scratch and the one who got them are able to deal with it (Heal or Dr/).
As I said, you all did a great job controlling what I hoped was going to be a chaotic battle. I wanted Goblins running everywhere. And you didn't allow that to happen. Nicely played.
Melil13 wrote:I dont know if i agree with the Frame Work to be honest, it may however speed things up. Its not just your computer causing crashes, program isnt 100% stable.
We need to find a level of "automation" that helps us the most, without causing crashes.I'll be working on that.
Melil13 wrote:I do agree some more leathality to the game cant hurt ... for one thing i would have liked to see a Bigger Goblin Boss. I dont think Corsario needed to have Goblins examining corpses or w/e.
Well Goblins ARE alike that. Chaotic and funny, in a sinister way. Enjoy it while you can, because other monsters are NOT funny or pathetic as them.
Spoiler: Read it on your own risk.
The idea of this, the third encounter, is for you to have previous contact with the Goblins, BEFORE facing the REAL Goblin threat, when they are organized and motivated (the real start of the campaign). I want for you to notice organized Goblins are a real danger to Sandpoint.
Melil13 wrote:Also note if we do split up we are losing out on alot. If we go Caravan / Not Caravan: The ones in the caravan are a sturdy bunch of warriors with a mix of Face/Stealth/Healing. While Not caravan you have mostly ranged PCs with a monk :/. The 1 is missing out of the utility. The other is missing the more Sturdy characters and healing.
I can deal with parties with just fighters or with no fighters. It can even help to choose with enemies and situation each group deals with, and the means to face them.

But I understand your point that is better no to split up. I will count your vote as "Keep together".

Maybe play twice a week? I didn't proposed that. That would help, if everybody can.
Saludos
--
El Corsario Negro

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

Maybe play twice a week? I didn't proposed that. That would help, if everybody can.
I would like that but its hard to get everyone together for one night let alone two. I know mark cant do any more weekdays, that leaves weekends.

Yea lvl 1 warriors arent as pathetic as someone lead you to believe, at low lvls. My main intent was to use them as road blocks to protect the squishies, Extra HP to absorb some attacks.

But hell they rolled well and started to kill goblins! That was totally not expected ... i mean maybe 1 or 2 hits but i think it was Dave or John who killed more Goblins then 1/2 the party!

I did hear someone during the session wanted to split control of the warriors, of which i am both for and against.

I am pretty much RPing someone with features i dont have on paper. (This would be the LeaderShip feat at minimal) So its like a free feat without meeting preqs. I mean does anyone have a problem with Kealms position over the NPCs/Party? This is something Corsario and i talked about before, maybe we should have included the rest of the party. Kealm isnt the lead my Charaisma type but the lead by Example type.

I could see maybe shadowing them out ... making them less invloved. Like in the River Fight, they backed off some and protected the girl. Opening the Spot Light on the Players ... or handing them over to someone more qualified (Though no one has Leadership Lucron and Grummsh have higher cha, Grummsh being a cleric from the church is more qualified then a new convert (Lucron).

Jester5093
Kobold

Post by Jester5093 »

First, you are being WAY too hard on yourself. Working in computers myself, these things happen, and we move on.

I think the framework is a great idea, but not a perfect idea. For myself, I can already see my character not REALLY fitting into the mold the framework tries to fit me in, but I still think it is cool, and I can make it work.

Second, it's slow because we are level 1! Once we level up a bit, and grow together, it will speed up. We also need to learn our characters, and each other. I will also admit that I think we got off too easy facing 40 goblins. I get that we tried to speed it up, but still.

The biggest issue that I see is that we are starting late, and going even later. Starting at 11pm EST and not finishing until 3am EST is rough, and it showed last session. 1 of us dropped out, and 2-3 AFK'd for a long time, missing entire turns. Perhaps starting an hour or two earlier may help people stay more focused.

I'd also suggest that we try and get some story done over the week through posts. We are moving slowly, and that may help speed it up.

10 people is a lot. I'd love to see a party/anti-party, but that is an insane undertaking for you. In a few weeks I'd be less crazy at work and be able to help more, but for now I just couldn't dedicate the time.

As for playing twice a week, I couldn't do twice a week til 3am. I work every weekday, and Monday alone is a stretch for me being up that late. I am completely fine with going more than once a week though, and if we started at say...10pm EST and went to 1-2pm EST twice a week, that wouldn't be much of a problem. I'm working on getting my GF involved as well, that will certainly help ;)

Corsario
Giant

Re: Jester5093

Post by Corsario »

Jester5093 wrote:First, you are being WAY too hard on yourself. Working in computers myself, these things happen, and we move on.
I think the framework is a great idea, but not a perfect idea. For myself, I can already see my character not REALLY fitting into the mold the framework tries to fit me in, but I still think it is cool, and I can make it work.
I too like the framework. But we need to find one that doesn't causes so much crashes that impairs us from really playing.
Jester5093 wrote:Second, it's slow because we are level 1! Once we level up a bit, and grow together, it will speed up. We also need to learn our characters, and each other. I will also admit that I think we got off too easy facing 40 goblins. I get that we tried to speed it up, but still.
I'm sure that with more experience, and some careful planning in the next encounters, we will get more fast.
Jester5093 wrote:The biggest issue that I see is that we are starting late, and going even later. Starting at 11pm EST and not finishing until 3am EST is rough, and it showed last session. 1 of us dropped out, and 2-3 AFK'd for a long time, missing entire turns. Perhaps starting an hour or two earlier may help people stay more focused.
The good think is all of you have been really punctual this last three sessions. Maybe the most punctual group I have ever mastered. We just need to keep that up.

About starting earlier, is very hard for me. I usually get home from job at 20:30-21:00 CDT, and have one hour to get ready for the game. In the good days. México City has one of the worst traffic of the planet, and I know it from a fact.
Jester5093 wrote:I'd also suggest that we try and get some story done over the week through posts. We are moving slowly, and that may help speed it up.
Yes, I can do much of the exposition over here. And that way we all can roleplay more.
Jester5093 wrote:10 people is a lot. I'd love to see a party/anti-party, but that is an insane undertaking for you. In a few weeks I'd be less crazy at work and be able to help more, but for now I just couldn't dedicate the time.
Tell me when you can, I sure could use the help.
Jester5093 wrote:As for playing twice a week, I couldn't do twice a week til 3am. I work every weekday, and Monday alone is a stretch for me being up that late.
Yes, I feared that. As someone that sleeps 4-5 hours on our game day, yes, it would be very hard. (especially if you can't get a nap at work ;) )
Saludos
--
El Corsario Negro

Jester5093
Kobold

Post by Jester5093 »

Okay, so starting at 11 is where we are. if we moved to twice a week 11-2 (4 hours each day, 8 hours total) That could help as well.

abracadaver
Kobold

Post by abracadaver »

That is the good think of what I said... If you want to character to be in risk of dying, and are good with him doing it, I fully support it. I do not pull punches. But I won't kill a character UNLESS the player is good with it. Nor I an actively trying to kill the characters (hope you return the courtesy with my "leading" NPC's - i.e. Ruperta).

If all works as I want, all your characters will stand on the corpse of the ultimate big bad enemy at the end of the campaign, with some scratches and scars, but alive, well and happy.

I prefer that to a campaign where a character or two dies every session...
If that is the case I'm ok with my PC dying
a) Got to choose how we will play. Together, separated in the same campaign, separated.
Actually I'm going to go with keeping the group together, but we need to put a note in the old recruitment that we are full. Of course the other new addition you mentioned is still welcome but after that no more please :wink: Also as terrible as this sounds the group will probably grow smaller over time due to real life issues, interest...etc. so starting off with a huge party isn't necessarily a bad thing.
b) Got to choose a Framework (or lack of it) for Maptools. I depends on the party size.
I'm all for a framework, seems like it could smooth out the gameplay. If this is the route we take maybe try set up some times
for each player to get on the server and input all their player info....etc.
c) Got to check all the characters, see they all are ok, and gave you "hooks" with the campaign. Prepare for next level.
I'm content with Revan, obviously a lot more stuff related to him will happen once he gets back to his home town.
d) Motivate you to play "off line". Use the forum to enrich the game. Off line roleplaying, planning, etc. Having you posting more.
Sure I'm willing to go with this I definitely have the free time.

Also what type of stuff do you need help with? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Corsario
Giant

Post by Corsario »

abracadaver wrote:Actually I'm going to go with keeping the group together, but we need to put a note in the old recruitment that we are full.
Already "removed" the invitation some days ago.
abracadaver wrote:I'm all for a framework, seems like it could smooth out the gameplay. If this is the route we take maybe try set up some times
for each player to get on the server and input all their player info....etc.
And see what is the best framework for our needs.
abracadaver wrote:Sure I'm willing to go with this I definitely have the free time.
Also what type of stuff do you need help with? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
For starters, the session "log". I like writing it, but I feel pressed for time. To make notes about places, enemies or NPC's would be good too. Some kind of wiki with the information the players know.
Saludos
--
El Corsario Negro

killersqid
Kobold

Post by killersqid »

Pros:
The encounter was fun if a little long winded
I liked the varying tokens

Cons:
Slow combat (it did speed up some)
Too many pcs/npcs in the party

I do not like the I only die if i want to die idea so I am challenging myself by making sure that if I would die I will be dead. I support anyone who goes with the choice on the contrary but I enjoy the feeling of mortal danger given by a being near death in game.

I would go with option B to split the party into two groups in the same world. but i really enjoy the chemistry of the whole group and i don't know what splitting them up will cause.

I am totally open to a second day of playing every week since i have so much free time.

If you ever need any help I have enough free time to do just about anything. I do write session logs but computer crashes have caused the loss of the last two if you want them I have a good memory and could rewrite them.

Corsario
Giant

Post by Corsario »

killersqid wrote:Pros:
The encounter was fun if a little long winded
I liked the varying tokens
Thanks. Doing my best.
killersqid wrote:Cons:
Slow combat (it did speed up some)
Too many pcs/npcs in the party
Sorry, doing my worst. :(

Just kidding. Yeah, it was a HUGE battle. And we learned of it, and that was the idea.
killersqid wrote:I do not like the I only die if i want to die idea so I am challenging myself by making sure that if I would die I will be dead. I support anyone who goes with the choice on the contrary but I enjoy the feeling of mortal danger given by a being near death in game.
Maybe i need to be clear in the house rules: NO RESURRECTION, BACK FROM THE DEAD or imaginary figments for that purpose. If your Character dies, he is a goner. Pushing daisies.

So, if your character dies, and you are good with it, have a character sheet ready for next session. But you need to be good with it.

And don't worry, i pretend for your characters to have things worse that dead in case they fail to win the day. Sometimes to die is not the worst that can happen to somebody.
killersqid wrote:I would go with option B to split the party into two groups in the same world. but i really enjoy the chemistry of the whole group and i don't know what splitting them up will cause.
Me neither. Your vote is noted.
killersqid wrote:I am totally open to a second day of playing every week since i have so much free time.
If you ever need any help I have enough free time to do just about anything.
I'm warming up to the idea of doing this a bi-weeky game.

As for the help... What about a nice Wiki with the things the characters know?
Saludos
--
El Corsario Negro

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”