Session 7: Sandpoint on Fire! (2011-11-28)

Moderator: Corsario

Corsario
Giant

Session 7: Sandpoint on Fire! (2011-11-28)

Post by Corsario »

* Gorum Followers Caravan
- Kealm, Inquisitor, Caravan Captain. Played by Tyrs13
- Grummsh, Half-Orc Cleric, Caravan Lieutenant. Played by Patrick
- Lucron, Synthesis Summoner, Caravan Warrior. Played by Mark
- Dave, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- Bob, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- John, Human NPC, Caravan Warrior
- Grumpy, Small donkey, very aggressive, pulling a small cart

* Other characters that join them for protection and company
- Grift, Gunslinger, adventurer. Played by James
- Magu, Chelaxian Half-Elf nun, only female PC. Played by Bolo Lacertus
- Aranel Arcamenel, Elven Wizard, Played by Viceran

* Sandpoint NPC's
- Theodosia Scarnetti, Human NPC, Aristocrat young girl
- Ruperta of Hentzau, Varisian NPC, "Con-artist"
- Ameiko Kaijitsu, Human NPC, Owner of "The Rusty Dragon"
- Kendra Deverin, Human NPC, Sandpoint Mayor and Leader of the Deverin Family, Chelaxian Female
- Belor Helmlock, Human NPC, Sandpoint Sheriff. Shoanti Male.
- Hundreds of others!

* Characters whose player didn't arrive, and where on "auto-pilot"
- Falk, Elven Wizard, explorer. Played by Elio
- Maelx, Dwarf Summoner, Professor. Played by Louis
- Revan, Varisian Half-Elf Rogue, hired caravan guide. Played by Abracadaver

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The characters fight hordes of Goblins, sending the north goblin column into retreat with some well placed barrels. The group split and each of them has to save people from the flames, with help of unexpected allies.

Corsario
Giant

Don't mind the old man behind the curtain

Post by Corsario »

I will use this post to talk about my choices as DM. I hope it will help me to get better as GM, and I hope it can help you understand some of the decisions I do, and give you ideas how to use them with your characters.
It's official. Elio (Falk's player) can't continue playing for now. Haven't been able to contact Abracadaver (Revan's Player) for a couple weeks, so I think he is out too. Louis has skipped several sessions, so I'm unsure if he will continue in the game.
I was expecting a new player, but didn't show up. I can't say I'm really disappointed. I'm liking the group as it is.
I thought Grift would be unarmed after the malfunction of his gun last session, so I planned ahead a "fork" in the combat for he and Aranel (which I thought would be low on spells) to deal away from the rest. In my mind I thought Magu would help them, with the "Gorum" characters going a different, and combat-heavy, way.
Even while Grift did repair his gun I went ahead and split the party. The players helped a lot and accepted to play the "extra-hour" of the second group the next day.
I had envision challenges like the one of the wagon when they saved Theodosia, using skills and wits. It happened that the difficulty of the challenges was high for them, but with some quick-thinking, and a healthy dose of luck, they managed to beat the flames. Barely.
Well, next session is wrapping time for the Sandpoint combat, and we are up towards level 2.
The 6 (or 7) players than remain, that's it.

Corsario
Giant

Feedback

Post by Corsario »

Please, all the feedback or opinions of this session put in as replies in this threads.

If any of you even does a character "diary" or something like that, I promise to give some kind of reward "in-game" (I have to motivate it somehow, right?).

You can also give private feedback by mail ([email protected]) or skype (corsario_mexico).

Corsario
Giant

Session Transcript

Post by Corsario »

I joined the three parts (all together and the two separate groups adventures) into one file. Look for the dashes if you want to see each section.
Attachments
Session0007.zip
(24.69 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”