Session 10: Politics of Sandpoint (2011-12-19)

Moderator: Corsario

Corsario
Giant

Session 10: Politics of Sandpoint (2011-12-19)

Post by Corsario »

* Player Characters
- Grummsh, Half-Orc Cleric, Gorum Lieutenant. Played by Patrick
- Lucron, Synthesis Summoner, Caravan Warrior. Played by Mark
- Magu, Chelaxian Half-Elf nun, only female PC. Played by Bolo Lacertus
- Jimmy, Xian-Ti Sandpoint Monk. Played by Theron

* Sandpoint NPC's
- Kendra Deverin, Human NPC, Sandpoint Mayor and Leader of the Deverin Family, Chelaxian Female
- Belor Helmlock, Human NPC, Sandpoint Sheriff. Shoanti Male.
- Shalelu Androsana, Elf Ranger, Sandpoint "unofficial" scout
- Hundreds of others!

* Characters whose player didn't arrive, and where on "auto-pilot"
- Kealm, Inquisitor, Gorum Captain. Played by Tyrs13

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The standoff between Mayor Kendra Deverin and Titus Scarnetti stalls, and the Mayor keeps her job, for the time being, thanks to Kealm's speech. But neither of them seems grateful to him.

Magu and Lucron go to see Madame Mvashti an get an extensive chat with her.

In the afternoon they chat with Shalelu Androsana, who tells them about the goblin tribes around Sandpoint.

And in the next morning Grummsh discover Ameiko Kaijitsu was kidnapped, goes to look for her in the Glasswork factory and hears, inside, Goblin laughts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to save the transcript! Somebody saved it?

Please, all the feedback or opinions of this session put in as replies in this threads.

If any of you even does a character "diary" or something like that, I promise to give some kind of reward "in-game" (I have to motivate it somehow, right?).

You can also give private feedback by mail ([email protected]) or skype (corsario_mexico).

Corsario
Giant

Don't mind the old man behind the curtain

Post by Corsario »

I will use this post to talk about my choices as DM. I hope it will help me to get better as GM, and I hope it can help you understand some of the decisions I do, and give you ideas how to use them with your characters.
Disaster!
Somehow I lost the campaign file, and NEITHER of my supposedly two backups worked!
Well, I will need to do the campaign file again, and check my backups more often.

About the "offline" experiment... no, it didn't worked. The "extra" play I did with Grummsh and Jimmy was great, but the forum was not used as I would like. So, let's try to do more "extra" play, but no "offline" one.

About the game, well, it was a slow session, and a sad one with the loss of Viceran, Aramel Player.

But a happy one with the first "official" game of Theron, and Jimmy Lee, his new character.

I feel the "political" sub-plot is not working, or not engaging the players as much as I would like to. I will reduce it, and try to have more "action" and less words.

Let see how that works.

Next session, with the Glasswork factory attack, will be an opportunity for the players to be the "offensive" part in the combat... let's see how that works.

And I have to remind them next week there is no game, for the holidays.

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”