Session 11: The Glasswork Factory (2012-01-02)

Moderator: Corsario

Corsario
Giant

Session 11: The Glasswork Factory (2012-01-02)

Post by Corsario »

* Player Characters
- Kealm, Human Inquisitor, Gorum Captain. Played by Tyrs13
- Grummsh, Half-Orc Cleric, Gorum Lieutenant. Played by Patrick
- Lucron, Synthesis Summoner, Caravan Warrior. Played by Mark
- Magu, Chelaxian Half-Elf Nun, only female PC. Played by Bolo Lacertus
- Jimmy, Xian-Ti Sandpoint Monk. Played by Theron

* Sandpoint NPC's
- Tsuto Kaijitsu: "Son" of Lonjiku and sister to Ameiko, bad guy
- Ameiko Kaijitsu: Owner of the "Rusty Dragon Inn", damsel in distress
- Lonjiku Kaijitsu: Head of the Kaijitsu family and owner of the glasswork factory. Dead
- Ruperta of Hetzau: Varisian thief "allied" to the heroes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heroes storm the Glasswork factory, with enough force to clear all the goblins and capture Tsuto without suffering 1 HP of damage (Accomplishment Achieved: Clean fight).

Lucron wins the day by dropping from the glass ceiling taking Tsuto out of the fight before he could do anything.

Bad news is that they didn't prevent Lonjiku murder by his "son", but they saved Ameiko. They learn much of the real enemy: Nualia Tobyn, a supposedly dead girl bent on destroying Sandpoint.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I include the transcript below. I will add extra information as entries too.

Please, all the feedback or opinions of this session put in as replies in this threads.

If any of you even does a character "diary" or something like that, I promise to give some kind of reward "in-game" (I have to motivate it somehow, right?).

You can also give private feedback by mail ([email protected]) or skype (corsario_mexico).
Attachments
Session0011.txt.zip
Session 11 transcript
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Corsario
Giant

Don't mind the old man behind the curtain

Post by Corsario »

I will use this post to talk about my choices as DM. I hope it will help me to get better as GM, and I hope it can help you understand some of the decisions I do, and give you ideas how to use them with your characters.
We had a week off because of the holidays, and had to make a new campaign file, and it showed, we all were somewhat rusty.

But after some thinking and some inspiration by Lucron they defeated the enemy and saved the day with flying colors.

Now they know who the enemy is, what there plans are, and can choose how, where and when to attack. To know the enemy is to have advantage...

...do they really know the enemy?

The new campaign file is getting form, and I hope to have it ready for next session.

Let's get this campaign into high gear!

Corsario
Giant

Getting Information from Tsuto Kaijitsu

Post by Corsario »

Later that day, Ameiko Kaijitsu fills the story, as far as she is able to puzzle it, using what Tsuto told her and what she knows.

5 years ago something, what Tsuto calls "the Runewell", awaken in some dungeon below Sandpoint. Nualia says the Runewell "empowered" her, and some others, but it seems it drove people mad too.

Tsuto says that night, in a fit of rage, Lonjiku Kaijitsu exploded from the years of humiliation and mockery that her wife had subjected him too, and the normally quiet and contemplative noble called his wife to the back porch of his seaside manor and threw her over the edge to die on the jagged rocks below. His normal behavior and his influences sufficed to convince everyone that his wife had committed suicide, and he almost got away with it.

Ameiko doesn't know for sure if her mother was killed, but she accepts she didn't seemed suicidal at the time of the dead. Tsuto fought with his "father" at his mother's funeral and was disavowed. He returned a couple years later and fought now with Ameiko, hitting her, so she left for adventuring. She hasn't seen Tsuto until the night before, when he asked her to join Nualia and destroy Sandpoint, which she refused, angering him and making him kidnap her.

Also that night, Jervas Stoot, a normally quiet and abused artist, awoke that night, along with the Runewell, filled with nightmares, rage and madness. He changed and became "Chopper", the serial assassin who killed two dozen Sandpoint citizens over a couple months, before Sheriff Belor Helmlock stopped him.

Nualia had an abortion the day the Runewell awoke, and left her comatose and shamed in her foster father eyes. The "Runewell" made her awaken some days after Chopper died, and made her contact "her mother", the demon-goddess Lamashtu, and being very mad to her foster father cardinal Ezekiel Tobyn, "punish" him by locking his door and burning down the cathedral, a fire that consumed almost half of Sandpoint and killed several people. She left to Magnimar, grow in power and contacts, and recently returned to finish her job. Sacrifice her father's remains, and eventually all of Sandpoint, in exchange for power, and a demonic transformation to get rid of her "curse" (as she sees her beauty now).

That takes her to Nualia current plans, accordingly to Tsuto.

She is at Thristletop, a strange seaside boulder resembling a huge head north-east of Sandpoint, making rituals for her transformation, and trying to "dig out" or "liberate" a powerful ally, a demon or something like that, trapped there. With her is the Tristletop Goblin tribe, now her allies.

Once transformed, and with the demon liberated, she plan a two-pronged attack. On the surface attack with the combined force of her team, a couple mercenaries from Magnimar, the liberated demon and the combined forces of the five Goblin tribes, while from the depths of Sandpoint she plan to activate the Runewell, turning most of Sandpoints residents into raving madmen, filled with fury, and conjuring "monsters" from the Runewell to help create havoc. She expects Sandpoint won't stand a chance under that assault.

Tsuto says there is a tunnel under the Glasswork factory that leads to the north beach, but that there is a side tunnel that leads to a dungeon where the Runewell lies, along with monsters awoken by the last attack and the "guardian" of the dungeon. He says he has never been there himself, but Nualia has.

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”