Sessions Log

Moderator: Corsario

Corsario
Giant

Sessions Log

Post by Corsario »

I will change the style, and put all the transcripts here, instead of different "topics".

Corsario
Giant

Session 0013: The Goblin on the Closet

Post by Corsario »

Session 13 took place on 2012-01-23, with Kealm, Grummsh and Magu.

The heroes face the consecuences of Teodosia Scarnetti escape with Grift, and face tragedy in a murder of a Sandpoint Citizen.

Now they will face the House on High Street.
Attachments
Session0013.zip
Session 13 Transcript
(28.04 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 0014: The House on High Street

Post by Corsario »

Session 14 took place on 2012-01-30, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron and Magu.

With ability and quick thinking, the heroes face the haunting of the House on High Street, getting past the illusions and scares to discover the secrets within, a new enemy, and a new quest to liberate a tormented soul trapped there.
Don't mind the man behind the curtain
I hoped to create a "multimedia" game, using audio and a very scary ghost photo, and I sure hope I did pull a real "horror" RPG experience.
The heroes reacted really good, not hitting everything in sight, but trying to interact and discover what was all about. It all could ended badly, but thanks to them it has become another plot point.
Attachments
Session0014.zip
Session 14 Transcript
(37.33 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 0015: Into the Catacombs of Wrath

Post by Corsario »

Session 15 took place on 2012-02-14, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron and Magu.

The heroes find an strange dungeon under Sandpoint, and venture forth to destroy the enemies that lay below their own feet.

But the monsters there are even stranger than the dungeon. And are old, smart and devious. And hungry.
We lost a session last week (my fault) and I was worried we were going to lost this one too.
But, as always, my good players saved the night.
They didn't advance much in the dungeon, but I think the atmosphere was well set. The feeling of claustrophobia and the possibility of an enemy behind each corner or door.
These are no Goblins.
Attachments
Session0015.zip
Session 15 Transcript
(20.09 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 0016: A Vargouille kiss

Post by Corsario »

Session 16 took place on 2012-02-17, with Kealm, Lucron and Magu.

The heroes continue into the Catacombs of Wrath, discover some of their secrets, including a shire to the demon goddess Lamashtu and a statue of a Runelord, and face a Vargouille.

And Magu has to face that Demon alone, when the other heroes need her to cover them. Face the kiss of a Vargouille.
¡We recovered the missed session!
We play on Friday, and it works almost great. Bad think is Patrick couldn't join us.
I would like to play twice a week (I am liking this game that much), but I am afraid not all of us can...
In this session I liked the fact Magu got the spotlight for a minute, and took full advantage of it.
Attachments
Session0016.zip
Session 16 Transcript
(29.13 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 0017: Koruvus Justice

Post by Corsario »

Session 17 took place on 2012-02-20, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron and Magu.

The heroes face their hardest fight yet, against the mutated Goblin hero Koruvus, armed with Justice, the twin sword to Grummsh "Pity". And the heroes have to face him one at a time!

But Kealm's courage, Lucron's strength, Magu's drive and Grummsh's support win them the fight!

Just to leave them about to face the self-proclaimed mad queen of this catacombs, the demon Erylium.
Loved the fight!
It was nice to give the players a good challenge.
And now they go to face another, even bigger one.
The session was short, really, but I felt good in it. Sometimes is good not to make long sessions.
Attachments
Session0017.zip
Session 17 Transcript
(24.18 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 18: Zombies and Stairs

Post by Corsario »

Session 18 took place on 2012-02-24, with Kealm, Lucron and Magu, and in 2012-02-27, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron and Magu.

The heroes finish the exploration of the Catacombs of Wrath, finding a blocked staircase down and a magical floating area.
Friday Grummsh didn't showed up, and then my internet died, so the advance was little, and then, next monday, Grummsh had huge connection problems, so only by forcing ourselves get to finish the exploration of the Catacombs, only the final fight pending.
Two small and exploration-only sessions... at least the got some loot.
Attachments
Session0018.zip
Session 18 Transcript
(28.34 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by Corsario on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fleshing it out

Corsario
Giant

Session 19: The cathedral of the Demon Queen

Post by Corsario »

Session 19 took place on 2012-03-05, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron and Magu.
Intro:
The demoness was kneeling over a big stone slab, very flat, with her head bowed.
- Demon Queen, Mother of all monsters, Mistress of Hell and their inhabitants, I, Erylium, the most blessedly misshapen of your faithful, implore your help on this, the day of my tribulations. Your enemies chosen have come, desecrating your kingdom, eradicating your monsters and coming to kill me. Will you left me, the most weak of your children, alone in the hour of my need?
A tear fall from the demon eyes into the stone slab
- Will you forsake me?
Her head move to allow the demoness to look forward, towards the big three-eyed mask hanging on the wall in front of her.
The eyes blinked.
- Fear not, my child.
A demonic smile showed on the demoness lips. Her fear gone, now her face was transfixed with glee.
The mask continued talking, in Abyssal, in a voice never meant for the normal world.
- I, Lamasthu, Demon Queen, Mother of all monsters, Mistress of Hell and their inhabitants, have seen my enemies chosen ones, and found them wanting. No one can challenge me. No other god can compare to me. And, as such, you will take care of those creatures that came here.
The demoness stood, defiantly.
- I will do your bidding, my mother.
The mask continues.
- They will become my new puppets. You will defeat them, capture them and make them drink my waters, so my blessing can enter their frail bodies and they can become my children, and will obey my orders and fulfill my wishes. And they won't be weak and feeble minded as the goblin, but will become strong, evil and powerful, and all Varisia will fear my name when they see them, as they will see in their deformed bodies and mutilated minds my power, and they will despair.
The demoness screech in joy while the mask continued taking.
- You will have my blessing, and I will make your enemies despair and fear before you. They will be defenseless, they will be at your mercy. You will only need to make them drink, and my designs will be complete. Just remember, don't use the runewell powers, for I have another design for it.
The demoness look, quickly, to a big triangular pool behind her, filled with glowing golden liquid.
- I won't use the runewell, mother, for you don't wish it to be used.
The smiled fiercely towards the mask.
- But can I play with your new children?
The mask responded quickly, in the same tone of voice.
- Of course, you can torture them as much as you like, as their pain will be pleasant for me, and their screams, trapped inside their skulls, will be music to me.
The demoness couldn't control her screams of joy. Of sadism. Of evil.
The heroes face the self proclaimed queen of the Catacombs of Wrath, and discover the real menace behind the mask.
Attachments
Session0019.zip
Session 19 Transcript
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Last edited by Corsario on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flesh it out, chance session number

Corsario
Giant

Session 20: Getting ready for Thistletop

Post by Corsario »

Session 20 took place on 2012-03-12, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron, Magu and the addition of Cain, a new character.

The heroes, getting back to Sandpoint, set things in order and prepare to the assault on Thristletop.
This was a "housekeeping" session, dealing with the heroes reaching level 4, giving them some "special" equipment and integrating Cain into the team.
Attachments
Session0020.zip
Session 20 Transcript
(31.3 KiB) Downloaded 192 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 21: Bunyip Swimming

Post by Corsario »

Session 21 took place on 2012-03-26, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron, Magu and Cain.

The idea of reaching Thistletop from the coast is not without dangers, and Lucron discovers when he is carried by the current into a Bunyip Lair.
Loved the session! It had everything. Risks, skill use, teamwork, a nice fight. The whole 9 yards.
The players had to deal with very bad rolls all day, and they did it great!
Attachments
Session0021.zip
Session 21 Transcript
(34.26 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 22: The Shadow of Dead over Thistletop

Post by Corsario »

Session 22 took place on 2012-04-02, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron, Magu and Cain.

The heroes make a stealth infiltration of the Thistletop fortress, killing all the enemies inside and finding a new ally.
There were several ways this could have rolled, and the players choosed a nice way to deal with the place, playing their strengths. And they rolled a lot of criticals.
Attachments
Session0022.zip
Session 22 Transcript
(40.81 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Corsario
Giant

Session 23: Bruthazmus Bane

Post by Corsario »

Session 23 took place on 2012-04-09, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron, Magu and Cain.

The heroes fall in to an ambush by the notorious bugbear Bruthazmus and Nualia's followers, but they brave on and kill him, as well as recruiting one of the bad guys, Orik Vancaskerkin, to their side. They rescue a prisoner and get ready to descend into Thistletop to face Nualia, the main villain of this adventure.
Forgot to save the transcript! darn!
I planned the ambush to use Bruthazmus, Lyrie and Orik to their fullest. But a series of horrible rolls and good planing on the part of the players made the encounter easier than I had envision it.
Last edited by Corsario on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Error in session number

Corsario
Giant

Session 24: Enter Nualia

Post by Corsario »

Session 24 took place on 2012-04-16, with Kealm, Grummsh, Lucron, Magu and Cain.

The heroes explore the second level of Thistletop dungeon, looking for Nualia, but finding mysteries, traps an a giant gold helm, with a giant hermit crab on a mood inside.
The session ends when they find Nualia and start the final fight for this adventure.
The session when for a little longer than i expected, so we needed to leave the fight for next time. Well, as it is a long fight maybe is for the best.
Hope the player's got "freaked out" at the "discovery" of Nualia's "perversions" and "extra curricular activities" in Thistletop.
As for the Crab fight, the buildup went really well.
And the trap worked just nice!
Attachments
Session0024.zip
Session 24 Transcript
(45.64 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Return to “Rise of the Runelords”