MT 1.3

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

fdwojo
Cave Troll

Re: MT 1.3

Post by fdwojo »

trevor wrote: Note that this doesn't mean we can't make a converter ;) Once we settle on the xml format, I imagine it won't be too hard to make a converter between old format and new. But it won't be available for the first couple releases (still working on the format)
Yes, I was thinking that a file converter would be the perfect intermediate option to convert files from 1.2 to 1.3 (or maybe also 1.1 to 1.3).

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

UPDATE:

No build tonight, I've got too many broken parts that I'm wiring back together. It'll be over the next couple days.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Basically, I started to update the map code, which then percolated to the new map dialog, which basically unraveled. Now I've got to sew it back together.

The nice thing is that it'll make it so that you can bring up the Map Properties dialog at any time and change properties of the map (including the background images). So I think it'll be worth the extra wait.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That does sound cool!

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

You know we're not going anywhere.... ;)
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update:

I'm sick today so didn't get as far as I like, but here's some more info on changes:

Removed the current texture paint selection system. Got rid of "Add as Paint" and instead when you go to the texture selection panel on the paint chooser, it has a copy of the Image Explorer, so you can simply explore around your current Images and select one. Easy squeezy.

Next is finishing the Map Properties dialog, I'm adding the ability to use color or textures for the fog.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I think the community is going to be very excited about this one Trevor! I personally think it is a lot better!

(break from testing)

How it will work:
You no longer have to right click on a texture to add it to the texture chooser. 8)
If you want to paint with a texture, click on one of the two top colors in the paint chooser and then click on the texture tab. You will now see the Image Explorer appear where the textures used to be. Now you point to the folder that your textures live and voila - all your textures appear to pick from!

It really is sweet!

(back to testing)

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Sounds good - does it remember where you last pointed it? I have my textures all in one place - it would be sweet if it always opened that copy of the Image Explorer in the same place as it was shut down so I didn't have to navigate to it each time.
The guy in the green hat.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Blakey wrote:Sounds good - does it remember where you last pointed it? I have my textures all in one place - it would be sweet if it always opened that copy of the Image Explorer in the same place as it was shut down so I didn't have to navigate to it each time.
That's a good idea ... give me a minute ...

trevor

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Blakey wrote:Sounds good - does it remember where you last pointed it? I have my textures all in one place - it would be sweet if it always opened that copy of the Image Explorer in the same place as it was shut down so I didn't have to navigate to it each time.
That's a good idea ... give me a minute ...
It's do-able, I'll add it to the list.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Done.

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

trevor wrote:
Done.
You're so slow, Trevor. :P
The guy in the green hat.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Blakey wrote:
trevor wrote:
Done.
You're so slow, Trevor. :P
Lately, yes :P

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update:

You can now officially (in the next release) select any texture or color to use as the fog.

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

I could just hug you.

<<virtual>>

Return to “Developer Notes”