Bug in latest version of repository?

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Bug in latest version of repository?

Post by JamzTheMan »

May just be me but I noticed if I grab the latest java code from the repository I'm experiencing a strange bug. I can drag and drop any token from my library once, and any further attempts to drag more tokens to the map cause the original token to "move" to where I was dropping the new token and not dropping the new token. That token seems to be stuck in cache or something. I can copy/paste it many times but no new tokens can be created.

I thought it may have been my code so I did a fresh grab and overwrote all my local files. Same thing. But was able to go back to latest branch b87 and reapply my code changes and all was good again.

Something checked in is not working right. And that may be your guys test area which is fine, just thought I'd mention it just in case.
-Jamz

Lee
Dragon

Re: Bug in latest version of repository?

Post by Lee »

It doesn't happen in my checkout, whether I'm on a new map or working in a campaign. There must be corruption in the code somewhere. The behavior you're describing seems similar to one of the problems that broke b88.

Edit: Just for the sake of being thorough, what's your Java version?

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

I'm running Eclipse java reference 1.6 (1.6.0_24-b07 specifically).

But maybe that's it, if I'm right clicking and Compare/Replace With -> Latest from repository, I'm pulling down b88 basically then? Or what would go into b88?

I suppose I should stick with Compare/Replace With -> Base Revision. I was probably thinking "hey lets grab the latest and greatest". And one probably shouldn't post after staying up > 20 hours lol
-Jamz

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

What you're doing seems the right thing to do, but what I do is go directly to the trunk and check that out after viewing the history. It hasn't failed on me yet. :lol: I know what you mean. Too many times there are things I said and did in that state that I wish I could take back.

Return to “Developer Notes”