Exporting JAR from Eclipse (version: Kepler)

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Exporting JAR from Eclipse (version: Kepler)

Post by Azhrei »

Regarding that, we'll have user-definable context menus at some point in 2.0. I really want to have some way to define a set of menus and then propagate them to sets of tokens. We'll probably model it based on JavaScript prototypical inheritance model since the macros will be written in JS (likely to make things simpler for us) but from the user's standpoint it'll "just work". :)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Little off topic but... :)

Any thought (for 2.0) on creating a "Radial" menu? (I'm sure there is a GUI term for it but no idea). Basically, on click of the token, a "Ring" of menu options pop, and it spirals out from there. If you've seen Microsoft Note (Metro app), it has a really kick donkey menu system that looks cool and works really well for touch (and just fine for mouse as well).
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I'm interested in a radial menu system. But putting text onto a radial menu option gets tricky. It's not the calculation of the angle, that's easy. It's doing it in a way that's still readable. We'd have to rely pretty heavily on images instead and while there are sets of internationally recognized symbols (like Exit, Do Not Enter, and so on) I don't think there's such a symbol for Aura or Macro...

However, the menu system used could be designed as a plugin anyway. That would let third parties implement the menu however they want.

Return to “Developer Notes”