1.3b25 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Wohoo! Looks awesome trevor! Great job!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Very cool!

Seems ripe for perhaps a token bag / hand / whatever to be developed as well.

I'm eager to play with this.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Now the next obvious question, does it "remove" the cards from the deck once they are drawn?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:Now the next obvious question, does it "remove" the cards from the deck once they are drawn?
Note, the picture only represents the updated table mechanism. This lays the ground for, but does not directly implement decks.

I've got the model built for decks, which will take a table and make a formal deck from it, which will only draw each table entry once. But that won't be in b25, I'm still building the "hand" code
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

What about trading cards with other players? Will there be a mechanism to give cards to other players? I wonder becuase I have a game in mind that could be played throughout the week (PBEM style maybe) but could have players connecting at various times and be interested in trading cards they had in their hands. Just wondering how that might be accomplished especially if you want to give cards to a player that isn't currently connected.

trevor

Post by trevor »

That's the beauty of the system I'm building. A hand is a container that the GM creates and assigns ownership of, similar to the way tokens work. That way the hand is associated with the campaign, and is saved/loaded with the campaign, regardless if players are connected or not. Or if a player is out for a session, the GM can temporarily assign a player hand to another player.

It's gonna be really awesome.

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

trevor wrote:That's the beauty of the system I'm building. A hand is a container that the GM creates and assigns ownership of, similar to the way tokens work. That way the hand is associated with the campaign, and is saved/loaded with the campaign, regardless if players are connected or not. Or if a player is out for a session, the GM can temporarily assign a player hand to another player.

It's gonna be really awesome.
It sounds really sweet! :D

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Wow very very awesome! So much like token ownership, if that player disconnects and reconnects they'll have it again!

Speaking of which... say I connect as Johnny and someone gives me access to tokens and I disconnect. Then if dorpond connects as Johnny, he's got access to the same stuff I do... might be a cool idea to setup player specific passwords to prevent that from happening.

trevor

Post by trevor »

We'll definitely have to figure something out

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Actually, if the tokens had passwords, it would also solve the problem of someone who disconnects and then reconnects with a different name. When they try to take ownership of the token, they enter a password and become the owner if they get it right.

But the password can't show anywhere on the Properties. That way the GM can give ownership of a token to a player who is in attendance when the real token owner isn't able to play. And yet the "temporary owner" won't see the password and be able to take over the token at a later time.

Maybe there needs to be an "owner" property as well as a "manager" property. The owner can do anything with the token, while the manager can do about 90% of the same stuff...

Return to “Developer Notes”