1.3b27 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

1.3b27 progress

Post by trevor »

Hey guys, with all the recent talk about MT slowness, I've been spending a lot of hours working on performance tuning, and it's really paying off :)

In fact I'm planning to do a build here in another couple days so you guys can check my work and kick the tires. I want to get a couple more bug fixes and other things in there first, then I"ll do a build.

For those that have access to the source, feel free to take a peek and let me know if you knock any nuts or bolts loose.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

If there is slowness with b26, which build should I use to Kickoff my campaign tonight. ;)
--
Big Mac

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Big_Mac wrote:If there is slowness with b26, which build should I use to Kickoff my campaign tonight. ;)
The primary slowness is related to the VBL, so if you haven't run into it already you should be fine. The other performance tweaks relate to stamps and fog, but make it faster than it ever has before, so it's an improvement more than what you expect would be the baseline.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

trevor wrote:
Big_Mac wrote:If there is slowness with b26, which build should I use to Kickoff my campaign tonight. ;)
The primary slowness is related to the VBL, so if you haven't run into it already you should be fine. The other performance tweaks relate to stamps and fog, but make it faster than it ever has before, so it's an improvement more than what you expect would be the baseline.
Ah, Cool.
--
Big Mac

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Sounds great, Trevor. Looking forward to it :)
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Return to “Developer Notes”