1.3b29 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

UPDATE:

OK, I was able to finally sit down last night and give b29 some tlc. Dorpond is planning to do some testing today. If all works out well then b29 will be released RSN
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

W O O T !

Zandari

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

It still can't import existing mtprops files. Obviously we can load them in b28 and then copy/paste into b29 but it would be friendlier if it could import the current mtprops files.

Would be nice if MT would remember the last mtprops file you used and loaded that on startup.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Loading on start up would be real nice
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

I think Trevor is toying with our feeling and emotions.Image
--
Big Mac

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

No, it's just he's a rogue AI, and doesn't understand them.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I found more bugs that I think should be addressed before release since they will effect whether or not you can use Maptool 1.3b29 during games.

Trevor is aware of them. Hold tight :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

trevor

Post by trevor »

should be pretty easy to squash.

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

Video Teaser 2 is making us very excited in our neck of the woods. Here is a question though.

We play in a sort of cheating projector mode. I run two instances on the laptop, one of which is on the wall.

Will the visions be "chosen token specific". In other words, when I click on the elf, it shows what he sees. When I click on the dwarf, it shows what she sees, when I click on the human, he can't see squat, because he's a stupid human with no special vision.

I love that the various connected folks can only see their portions of the map, but how is that going to work for projector mode (which I assume is a 1.4 sort of thing)?

Zandari.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Normally, all those characters would be assigned to the second instance of maptools and would all see what each character's vision reveals at the same time.
IIRC, anyway. :?
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor

Post by trevor »

Currently, as shown in the teaser, the party has a shared exposed fog area, but each token has its own visible area, which can be seen when mousing over (the white circle).

The way it works right now is that your visible area is the summation of all the visible areas for the tokens you own. So in the case of projector mode, give that MT instance ownership of the party tokens and you'll get a combined view of all the party members. When you want to know specifically what each player can "see", just mouse over and look at the white outline.

zgrose
Cave Troll

Post by zgrose »

This is sort of a bug report / enhancement request combination and JIRA was giving me an error so I'll just place it here.

I think Expose MacroManager.split() should be exposed beyond the package. At least one chat command (settokenstatus) can reasonably be expected to include whitespace in the token name (e.g. Elf 1) but SetTokenStateMacro will treat each word as a separate parameter. See SetTokenStateMacro line 70.

Something along the lines of
String[] tokens = MacroManager.split(aMacro).toArray();

would enable support for commands such as:
/settokenstate "Elf 1" Blinded true

I see your TODO already in place (// TODO: This should probably go in a util class in rplib) so maybe this can be squeezed in? =)

Ooops, apparently the reports did go through. Sorry for the double post!

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Got one bug report.

When you try to save a campaign with more than one set of token properties, like PC and NPC, you get an exception when you try to save to the same file. You can save to a new campaign file, but you can't overwrite an old one.

trevor

Post by trevor »

heh, yeah, that split was thrown in cause I needed it right away, figured I'd pull it out when I rebuild the command processor, which is early 1.4

Return to “Developer Notes”