MT 1.3b34 Progress update

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Phergus wrote:So the process is ongoing and at some point we'll have a first-pass implementation. Can't ask for more than that.

heh.. well, we can ask all we want, but asking and getting are two different things....

I know I for one would like to see the init tool part asap, but I think I have only asked about it once, and that was like just last week.

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
Orchard wrote:Female costumes have always made sense
Where as little as possible ? That makes sense in one way (sales), but not so much in practical crime fighting :)
Orchard wrote:But anyway, we are getting off-topic, and I'm not going to be responsible for another mass-derailing.
It's my thread and I'll derail it if I want to ... Mwuahahahaha !
Well, okay then, but if someone complains, I'll be sending them to you...

And yes, when I said the female costumes made sense, that's exactly what I meant: I knew exactly what was going through the mind of the creator when they were drawn. It was a combination of: "Man is she HAWT!" and "Man this is so going to sell!" I don't think any of the early guys drawing female superheros ever ONCE stopped to think "Man, this is SO impractical".

But what were they thinking when they drew Superman? "Man, I am SO going to wear my underwear like that!" No! They weren't thinking that. They thought, "hmm, needs more red; I know, I'll color this part red--that brightens it up a bit". No one ever had the guts to say, (because this was quite a while a go) "Um mister, he's wearing underwear. Why?" But it doesn't make sense. It wasn't sexy, and they weren't gay. (At least, I don't think they were). And they weren't trying to sell to a female audience. So what was the point?

Oh, and I wasn't asking for the init panel above. I know its in the works, and it'll happen. I was just commenting that it seems to get requested a LOT, despite the fact that it is one thing that we are promised repeatedly. I have patience.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Amaril wrote:
Phergus wrote:So the process is ongoing and at some point we'll have a first-pass implementation. Can't ask for more than that.
Well, technically you can ask for whatever you want. Whether or not trevor will pay it any attention is another story.:lol:
Trevor always seems to pay attention. The real question is whether or not he is going to do anything about it.

:)

And generally he does. Unless Ryss comes along and does it for him. But I don't see that happening in this case.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

Orchard wrote: Trevor always seems to pay attention. The real question is whether or not he is going to do anything about it.
:)
And generally he does. Unless Ryss comes along and does it for him. But I don't see that happening in this case.
:) Two points: I already have my hands full (and contrary to what you imagine, I only do have two hands :wink:) and someone else is working on init stuff as I can see. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Other than that I'm here to have fun and help people. So I'll do whatever people need the most. Last time I checked, macro buttons were hot :wink:

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Ryss wrote:Last time I checked, macro buttons were hot :wink:
Don't underestimate the hotness of colored light, including shadowy illumination!

MacPharlan
Giant

Post by MacPharlan »

Amaril wrote:
Ryss wrote:Last time I checked, macro buttons were hot :wink:
Don't underestimate the hotness of colored light, including shadowy illumination!

ah yes, a must for 4e folks:)

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

MacPharlan wrote:
Amaril wrote:Don't underestimate the hotness of colored light, including shadowy illumination!

ah yes, a must for 4e folks:)
3.5, too. :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote:
Trevor always seems to pay attention.
Hu, whu ? Did someone say something ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Developer Notes”