Paizo Curse of the Crimson Throne - Harrow deck macros

Custom frameworks for use with specific published modules/adventures, including token images, state images, notes on how to implement a complicated NPC using a MapTool framework, and so on. MUST NOT include the actual text from the adventure.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Azhrei
Site Admin

Paizo Curse of the Crimson Throne - Harrow deck macros

Post by Azhrei »

It was recently pointed out to me that I (apparently) never posted my Harrow deck macros for this adventure path. So here they are. They are provided as-is with no warranty expressed or implied. ;)

I think there may be some comments in the code describing how they work, but to be honest it's been a long time since I've looked at these.

They're organized as a campaign file. I don't have a working Java installation right now, or I'd look into taking the campaign apart and posting pieces individually. :|
Attachments
harrow.cmpgn
Macros to support drawing, and interpreting the results of, cards from Harrow Deck
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 330 times

Dorn
Cave Troll

Re: Paizo Curse of the Crimson Throne - Harrow deck macros

Post by Dorn »

In case anyone's interested, I've taken the liberty of separating out the relevant pieces. Seems to be the lib token and 2 tables containing the card data and images. The HarrowLayout macro seems to be basically drawing the cards and storing them as a property while the HarrowReading macro displays the actual reading in the chat window.

They're called, of course, by [ macro("HarrowLayout@Lib:Harrow"): "" ] and [ macro("HarrowReading@Lib:Harrow"): "" ].
Lib Harrow.rptok
(32.6 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Harrow Deck.mttable
(526.16 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Harrow Data.mttable
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Thanks! I was just getting to doing this! I noticed when I loaded the campaign that the macros themselves were set as "editable by players" and that should be turned off (doesn't matter if the token is not owned by players, but it's a best practice anyway).

Thanks again!

Btw, there's not much doc in the macros themselves. Basically, when you want to create a new layout of cards use the "Harrow Layout" macro. It'll save the results.

As GM you can execute "Harrow Reading" and get the 3x3 layout with a basic interpretation implemented as tooltips over each card. The traditional meaning is always displayed in the tooltip, and any card that is aligned or misaligned will create a second line of output in the tooltip with its description as well.

If a player executes the "Harrow Reading" macro they only get the 3x3 layout. However, I never let my players do that. Instead, I ran the Reading macro as GM then took a screenshot of the chat window and dropped it onto the map somewhere. This let them refer to it by pointing (using the spacebar) and scribble notes on the layout if they wanted. I also made them owner of the image so they could add their own Notes to the token as well, if they had something more detailed to add. Often I used the GM Notes portion to keep track of their discussions -- the players often come up with great ideas about how the layout might be interpreted or what it could mean!

I also had a macro for drawing a single card, I think. I let the players click it to indicate they were drawing a card and my macro kept track of what they drew. I didn't get to the point of having the card remind me when its effects were activated, but it would've been a handy thing to have (one less bit of paperwork for the GM).

Tsriel
Cave Troll

Post by Tsriel »

Is there a way of going about of getting these to work with this?

coingold
Kobold

Post by coingold »

According to Jessen, Fortnite is a game all about exploration, scavenging, fortification construction, and fighting wave after wave of nocturnal beasts looking for blood.

Return to “Published Module Support”