Simple Auto Targeting Mode [New Lib and Video]

Threads specific to teaching (or step-by-step resources) for writing macros and scripts for use in MapTool.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

notbono
Cave Troll

Re: Simple Auto Targeting Mode [New Lib and Video]

Post by notbono »

Nice! I've got it working in my campaign now thanks to this: http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/Forms_tut ... _selection

Thanks for the info.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

The links in the first post are unfortunately not valid anymore :(

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Merudo wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 am
The links in the first post are unfortunately not valid anymore :(
I think that this was--at the time--kind of, "Wow, what a neat way to do that!"

But, in practice, it had a bunch of issues that didn't hold up. When people look at some of these old threads they're missing some of the background limitations that existed back then (like not being able to click on unowned tokens.) I know... kinda hard to imagine MT not having some of the feature we all take for granted now. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It was a bit awkward in use. It used the mouseover event in the token properties to target tokens. It would would then set states on those tokens based on mode selected at start. So, if your token had initiative and was selected, it would start targeting mode. It would then ask about the type of targets you wanted to select, Allies, Enemies, Both, Melee, Ranged, Any. So, from there if you moused over the respective target tokens it would add a targeted state to token. Mousing over a 2nd time would remove it. Selecting a targeted token and mousing over it again would lock the target. So, all it really did was add states to tokens. Any kind of effects would be separate and would need to do a search for tokens with X state. The states would clear on a new tokens initiative and a new mouseover event.
Attachments
Targeting Example.zip
Has old campaign files (not compatible) and states.
(7.35 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Lib Targeting.rptok
Compatible with newer MapTool
(31.52 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Return to “Drop-In Macros and Scripts”