Session 2: Sewers and Subterfuge

Moderator: Tracker4502

Tracker4502
Kobold

Session 2: Sewers and Subterfuge

Post by Tracker4502 »

Only indulge in a number of failures that you can safely blame on someone else.

With there being no obvious choice as to how to proceed, the members of the group were divided on how to complete the assigned task. While public records on the sewers surrounding the temple of Sune seemed to be altered, the idea of exploring the sewers was proposed. Ronin, Jinuzi, and Valkahim consented to the plan, but Adair and the Elf showed resistance to the idea. As a result, the group decided to split in two.

Here is sadly where the information becomes muddled. It is known that Adair and the Elf went directly to the Temple of Sune in order to perform reconnaissance on the location. After some short period of time, it is also known that the Elf entered the premise and was not seen for almost two days. As for the other group, it is known that they went to the Port District and entered the sewer's outlet into the ocean there. However, they were not seen again until they somehow appeared in the Basking Baguette Bakery Shop in the Governance District almost a half day later. There, it is said that Ronin was covered in fecal matter and as a result all three of them were driven out of the store at cleaver-point. I'm sorry for the sparse information, but sadly this is the best information I could cobble together.

Shortly after their reemergence, Ronin, Jinuzi, and Valkahim went to the temple of Sune and found Adair keeping watch there. They were perplexed to find out that the Elf was not with him, but Adair could offer them little explanation. So the four of them boldly entered the temple to see if they could find the wayward elf and perhaps learn something useful about the smuggling operation. Once again, my dear reader, the information becomes scarce, but I do know that Adair was seen leaving the temple shortly thereafter with what has been described as 'a look as if his soul had been killed, brought back from the dead, and then stabbed'.

From there I only can offer a very brief summary of what (I believe) occurred. Ronin, Jinuzi, and Valkahim managed to figure out how the operation functioned, and shortly thereafter confronted a Cleric of Sune with their findings. The Cleric promptly led them to a private area where some time later the Head Cleric Hollida met with them. After a brief discussion, she led them down to the smuggling operation in the basement where combat quickly broke out. There the Elf surfaced once again, launching arrows at the smugglers and claiming to have been infiltrating the operation. The fight was heated and was almost a loss, but in the end most of the smugglers lay dead and the group was victorious.

An archer by the name of Merinda was one of the smugglers not killed in the chaos, and the group decided to let her live. In return, she informed them of a secret room where the smuggler's stash was located, and then promptly fled. The group then fetched Adair once again (who I imagine was quite confused by this point) and entered the secret room. There they found and killed a drake, multiple containers filled with small vials of a fluid, and three eggs. With a job well done, the group took the three eggs and went back to the Merchant's Respite for a well-deserved rest.
"I will live forever, or die trying!"

Return to “Widdershins”