Session 3: Egg On Your Face

Moderator: Tracker4502

Tracker4502
Kobold

Session 3: Egg On Your Face

Post by Tracker4502 »

Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.

(It is important to note that a day's worth of events occurred between the events of the last entry and this entry. However, as I couldn't ascertain an accurate account of any of it, I have decided to leave speculation up to the reader.)

Jinuzi and Valkahim woke up from their potion-induced sleep to find that Ronin was not in the room with them as expected. They left the room and headed to the dining area of the Merchant's Respite to find that Adair was once again awake and already eating. He informed them that though he didn't see the Elf return last night, Ronin had arrived late that night and been in his room as their door had been locked. The three of them went to Adair's room to find Ronin looking quite terrible from sleep deprivation, and not in high spirits. But they roused him from the bed, and the four of them returned to the dining area just in time.

Through the front door walked the Elf... but then again, it was hard to tell. His brown hair had been dyed peroxide blond, and he was wearing fine purple clothes with green trim. Gaudy necklaces and rings adorned his person, and a long purple cape hung from his back. Finishing the ensemble was a cane with a large gem on top. While on further inspection it was noted that the gems were fake, this obviously brought forth a torrent of questions and answers. I shall try to summarize as best I can in the following list.
  • The Elf asked why Jinuzi and Valkahim had given away their egg and also sold 3 of the 5 scrolls they had found in the smuggling operation.
    Jinuzi and Valkahim responded that they 'had' to, but then asked why the Elf was spying on them.
    The Elf responded with 'to make sure you don't do anything stupid', and then asked why Ronin had stolen from a stall yesterday.
    Ronin deflected by asking why the Elf was 'dressed like a pimp'.
    The Elf commented that they all needed to change their appearance.
This confused the others slightly, but upon leaving the Respite they found a perturbing message on a nearby notice board:
Per the order of Constable Briggan, there is a call to every able bodied citizen to assist the guard in the apprehending of the Egg Bandits! They are wanted for the crime of poaching and trafficking endangered animals within the bounds of Selgaunt, and as such the Constable has ordered a bounty of 450 gold on each of their heads, half if dead. Be on the lookout for four suspicious individuals; a genasi with grey skin, a dragonborn with heavy armor and a falchion, a human with blond hair and a cane, and an elf with leaf-based clothing. Be aware that they are considered armed and dangerous!
This obviously was a bout of unpleasant news, as the group was hoping to meet Faradail today to claim the reward of their successful mission. Jinuzi, Valkahim, Ronin, and the Elf were wanted, so they decided that splitting up would be the best option in order to avoid suspicion. Sadly once again this means that my information becomes contradictory, so let us pick up when it doesn't. Namely, when Jinuzi arrives at the Wandering Eye.

Once there, he sat down in the darkened corner and began to speak with Faradail. He was confused as to why Jinuzi was here, as he had told them to meet him in the Governance Hall on the other side of town. Shortly thereafter Ronin came in, followed by a guard. Ronin quickly greeted his 'boss', Jinuzi, and claimed that Jinuzi owned the Wandering Eye. Ronin continued by explaining that he wouldn't be able to 'show up for work today' as the guard adjacent to him needed to bring him in for questioning. Jinuzi, in an act of desperation, turned to Faradail for some assistance in containing the situation. Faradail reluctantly complied, and using some smooth talking convinced the guard to have a drink before taking Ronin in.

During this time, the Elf had slipped into the Wandering Eye... with three rather large men behind him. Once the guard went to get his drink, a rather heated discussion occurred amongst the four (Jinuzi, Ronin, the Elf, and Faradail) about what to do. They finally decided that the guard had to be dealt with, and they paid the Elf's hired muscle 60 gold to kill and dispose of the guard. At this moment, Valkahim walked in to see the guard be brutally murdered. He hardly batted an eye at this development, and went to the corner table to sit with the rest.

Faradail was highly annoyed by this point, and informed the group that they would be given one last chance to collect their reward. He would be at the Dining Porridge, a restaurant in the Governance District, at noon tomorrow for lunch. If all five of them were to meet him there, he would give them their adventuring license and their gold payment. If they did not make this appointment, they would not be able to collect their reward. When the group began walking away, the Elf commented that he had already hired a guide for the sewers, and they could use the guide to move to the Dining Porridge without being seen by anyone.

Though I wish it were otherwise, information is lacking at this point. All I can say is that early the next morning the four of them were seen at the Divine Affair Inn, and they left for the Dining Porridge shortly before noon. Though two of them were stopped by guards, they made it to the Dining Porridge for their meeting and found Adair already there waiting for them. He was speaking to a rather stern and prim looking woman who introduced herself as Faradail. She quickly gave them their adventuring contract, their adventuring seal, and their 200 gold each. However, Adair took this opportunity to silently leave the group without even saying goodbye; sadly I have no explanation. Finally, Ronin gave her his egg in exchange for an additional 100 gold.

With their business done, Jinuzi commented that he would be interested in long term employment... if she would be willing to remove the bounty on their heads. She stated that if they would be willing to meet her standards she would be open to such an agreement, and she said that it will be two days until she could make their bounties vanish. She then detailed their first mission, which is described elsewhere in this compilation.
"I will live forever, or die trying!"

Return to “Widdershins”