Session 5: Easy Entrance, Bloody Exit

Moderator: Tracker4502

Tracker4502
Kobold

Session 5: Easy Entrance, Bloody Exit

Post by Tracker4502 »

Keep your friends close, as they're more dangerous to you than your enemies will ever be.

With the ghosts dealt with, Lith and the Elf spoke up mentioning that they heard a group of people approaching. Upon hearing this, Jinuzi and Valkahim immediately fled the scene with Lith close behind. Ronin and the Elf stood to face whatever was approaching, but sadly I have no record of what happened. Lith, Valkahim, and Jinuzi returned to the inn, where they were joined by the Elf about an hour later. There the Elf said that they met with 'whatsisname' (sadly I am not kidding) who was fully aware of the ghost problem. The mystery man had been delaying the ghosts for weeks to stall for time, waiting for essentially the party to show up and permanently deal with the problem. He informed Ronin and the Elf that the ghosts always emerged from The Tower, and that killing them only 'reset' them. As such, Ronin had been left behind for damage control. With this in mind, the party set out for the Refined Stage to meet up with Ronin.

As it turned out, when the party arrived Ronin was happily chatting with three ghosts. Two of the ghosts were from the previous encounter, but while the Breaker was absent a new ghost called The Son was present. Since the ghosts demonstrated no recollection of their previous fight, the party claimed to be part of the liberation and this time befriended the ghosts. They led the ghosts to the Court of Pelor, where apparently Ronin convinced the ghosts that their enemies were 'invisible and / or polymorphed into trees'; sadly I am not making this up. Even more disheartening was that this ruse lasted until the ghosts vanished at dawn. With another long night completed, the group once again slept through the morning and early afternoon.

After the midday nap, the party returned to the Refined Stage to attempt to investigate The Tower. However, the gate to the Stage was locked and there was no one to open it for them. While they loitered in front of the door, a woman emerged from one of the houses and began issuing disparaging remarks at the group. In response, Lith threw a rock at the woman's house and broke a window. This predictably enraged the woman, who immediately came up to the gate and opened it with the intention of teaching Lith a lesson. Instead, Lith and the party walked through the now-open gate and right past the woman. When the woman continued to follow and insult Lith, Lith leveled her weapons at the woman and told her to back down. With some advice from the Elf, the woman stormed out of the Refined Stage.

Here is where the story grows dark. I am told that an hour later, the old angry woman returned with the town guard and a small mob of townsfolk. Lith hid on the roof (and I'm told threw another rock at the woman's house), while the other four awaited outside The Tower's front door. The angry old woman immediately demanded to know where Lith was, and Jinuzi simply replied 'The roof' and stepped to the side. With the others doing the same, the mob immediately ascended The Tower to apprehend Lith. Lith was not content to simply be apprehended however, and let loose a few invocations upon the mob. The old woman and a few guards were immediately killed, while other were terribly injured. The mob began to flee as Lith calmly walked down the stairs toward the party.

Lith simply stated that she only wanted to leave; she held no grudge against the party, and they would never see her again. While Ronin and the Elf walked past her to tend to the wounded and dying, Jinuzi and Valkahim remained in place and blocked her path. She immediately attacked the two of them, but Valkahim knocked her out in a single blow. Lith had been contained, but the damage had been done. The party bound Lith up despite her wishes to be set free (I'm told she even let slip that Shar would look favorably upon such an act), and Lith was carried away to be prosecuted by the law.

One would think that would end this chapter, but there is still more story to tell. Night fell, and after fooling the ghosts once again the party broke into a hidden passage under The Tower. At the end of an exceedingly long hallway, a chained door blocked their path. Though the Elf commented that opening the door would most likely risk a cave-in, Valkahim forced the door open. A cave-in did occur, and all four members of the party decided to take their chances by darting past the cave in towards the unknown. And sadly it is unknown to us as well, as my sources still haven't found out what happened past that mysterious door. All that is known is that later the entire party emerged in the Court of Pelor some time later and the ghosts were never seen again. The party was given joint ownership of The Tower (now called 'The Bloody Tower' by many residents of Griday) as a supposed reward, and then they left Griday to return to Selgaunt. What I would give to fill in all the holes this story is developing...
"I will live forever, or die trying!"

Return to “Widdershins”