[Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (CLOSED)

Threads for tokens/libraries of complete ready to use game maps made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks users have made and offered to others, but specific to completed MapTool maps).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [Aliasmask] Gallery Images (spelljammer galle

Post by aliasmask »

Cool, I look forward to seeing that.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Okay, finished.

Campaign file - with BoT set up
galleon.cmpgn
(14.58 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
RPMAP - compatible with BoT
Galleon.rpmap
(14.15 MiB) Downloaded 281 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Here's my next creation, the Goblin Blade also from spelljammer.

Goblin Blade
ImageImage
Goblin Blade w/greek fire and Helm
ImageImage
Goblin Blade w/wo greek fire with helm and/or non-magical propulsion
ImageImageImage

The goblin blade can ram other ships and if it has the greek fire projector it can "inject" the other ship with it's piercing ram.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

CoveredInFish wrote:I made a map from that beautiful galleon (just in time, party's gonna travel the high sea soon) with VBL. I'm gonna incorporate the BoT special pads and post it soon.
Are you using any kind of tactical combat for ship to ship combat? I've been looking the the 2nd edition rules for spelljammer and they seem a bit more complicated and I don't think they are quite balanced. Also, there are some glaring logical holes in my mind on how things work. So, given that, I'm going to come up with my own set up rules and try to keep it in the d&d spirit of things.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

aliasmask wrote:Are you using any kind of tactical combat for ship to ship combat? I've been looking the the 2nd edition rules for spelljammer and they seem a bit more complicated and I don't think they are quite balanced. Also, there are some glaring logical holes in my mind on how things work. So, given that, I'm going to come up with my own set up rules and try to keep it in the d&d spirit of things.
I probaby wont have to. I dont have "go to rules" for naval combat, although I think Savage Worlds (what I'm currently using) has general vehicle rules - dont know if these are good or not.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (goblin blade - spelljamm

Post by aliasmask »

@CiF - Thanks, I worked out my own system for Spelljamming and it worked surprisingly well.

For everyone else, I added my collections of maps from my last campaign (less set design) to my gallery. Maps were inspired by Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk module, so you can use that to identify various areas. You'll notice I made small tweaks here and there so if you have any questions about what a map area is supposed to be, feel free to ask. The plaza and lecture hall I used as visual aids to a "dream sequence" as a part of the halls of memory map. Also, the halls of memory has 3 bits of map where the walls were unfinished. That's because they went on to another dimension and vbl just covered the outside areas.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
ImageImageImage

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (dungeon/outdoor maps)

Post by aliasmask »

Here's my most recent spelljamming ship, the dragonfly. I may add legs later when I build the lower deck, but here's what I have so far.

ImageImageImage

I have the dragonfly ship in one image, but I also split it up for MapTool for the main body if you don't care about wings. I added the wings separately which can be duplicated and flipped in MapTool to save space and load time.

Ship includes a light catapult and a tail that doubles as a ramp or stairs depending on the position. When landing on the ground, the tail can be lowered allowing access to ships deck. The stairs collapse forming the ramp when in the upright position and is used when boarding other ships or docking.

The forward wings rise above the deck and the lower wings fall below and catch the air currents generated by the spelljamming helm. Guide ropes, not shown, help steer the ship better with move class of C, but the spelljamming mage can manage without a crew but suffers a movement class of D.

Two cargo covers allow access to the hold while the stairs down lead to the crew quarters.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (Jungle Encounter)

Post by aliasmask »

I recently did a Jungle map and I thought I'd share. I made life easy for myself by making a couple of PSP tubes for trees and jungle floor objects. Those are available upon request, but I don't think many people here use that program.

MAP

TOKENS
ImageImageImage

FOW Pattern (seamless tiling)

Vhex
Giant

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (Jungle Encounter)

Post by Vhex »

Cool map!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (Jungle Magic Pool)

Post by aliasmask »

Here's the follow up map with a magical pool in jungle. I'm sure the "temple" area can be easily photoshopped to put whatever you want in there.
||| Jungle Magical Pool |||
Checkout the rest of the folder and I have bubble for the pool and an Open Gate patch. The map also has a description in the gallery which talks about some of the map features and DnD rules.

Unlike my previous map where the scale was 100px per grid square, this is only 50px because the size of the map.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [Map Bits] [AM] Gallery Images (Hedge Tileset)

Post by aliasmask »

I made a hedge tileset.

Return to “Complete Maps”