[RPMAP] Mini board game Match Four

Threads for tokens/libraries of complete ready to use game maps made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. (This is just like the section for frameworks users have made and offered to others, but specific to completed MapTool maps).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

[RPMAP] Mini board game Match Four

Post by aliasmask »

I have no idea what this game is really called, but it's sort of like an advanced tic-tac-toe game. You have a 4x4 grid and 16 cards/tokens. Player 1 picks a card for player 2 to play and player 2 picks a card for player 1 to play. Once a player matches 4 in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally then they are the winner. There are 4 ways to match. You can match by color (red/blue), shape (circle/square), fill (solid/hollow) or by number (one/three).

There are no macros for this game, but the rules can be seen by clicking the board and the tiles have place holders on the board, but you don't have to organize them that way.
Attachments
Match Game.rpmap
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
Match Game Example.jpg
Match Game Example.jpg (63.15 KiB) Viewed 8806 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [RPMAP] Mini board game Match Four

Post by wolph42 »

this is a derivative from a game I gave my son last summer. Same type of cards but in this case you lay 9 of these cards on the table and when you see a match of 3 you say the name of the game (which I forgot) and you point out the cards and if correct you may take them. There is actually a fifth match in that game and that is a complete dismatch of all 3 categories (which means that of all 3 categories there are 3 variants). Nice game really puts you mind on etch!

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(game)

Return to “Complete Maps”