Newb looking for basic help: How to use a Framework

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

fredjsquirrel
Kobold

Newb looking for basic help: How to use a Framework

Post by fredjsquirrel »

Ok I've been using MapTool for a couple of weeks now and the more I delve into it the more I like it. I started out trying to build it all myself (old coder here, have to do it myself). Then I got smart.

I've downloaded paulstrait's 5e D&D Framework and from what I've seen of it I think it is mostly everything I want. But I have no idea how to use it.

I've poked and prodded and gotten a little ways but it is very slow going.

Can anyone point me to some kind of how to, or best practice for this sort of thing? I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually, but I'm old and the brain isn't working like it should. Plus the wife keeps adding to the "Honey Do" list and that is really cutting into my play time.

Thanks.

paulstrait
Dragon

Re: Newb looking for basic help: How to use a Framework

Post by paulstrait »

It's my bad that there aren't clear instructions for my framework. On the 'to do' list. But in the meantime, if you private message / email me, I'd be happy to schedule a time to individually walk anyone through how to use it.

fredjsquirrel
Kobold

Re: Newb looking for basic help: How to use a Framework

Post by fredjsquirrel »

Thanks wolph42 and paulstrait.

Wolph42 I will check out the links.

Paul, thanks for the offer. But I'll let you put that time to putting together a help doc. Far more people will benifit that way. Besides my personal time schedule is currently so full I barely have time to prep for my next session right now so I don't have time. Most of my work with MapTool is done on the way to and from work.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”