Community Project ? (Not Alone Board/Card game)

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Ditto
Giant

Community Project ? (Not Alone Board/Card game)

Post by Ditto »

So I just got this game over the holidays:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194879/not-alone

And it's kind of interesting. What strikes me, is it seems like a simple enough game (very small rule book - 8 pages)

Having seen some of the things others have done here (ie Aliasmask and Wolph for example :) )
I was thinking it might be interesting to set this puppy up in Maptools :)

The hard part there, is I started playing with things, and tripped over how to handle a deck of cards easily. O.o

So knowing this thing will take me about a year to program giving my free time, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in trying to do this as a community project ??

The rule book is available on boardgamegeek link above - free registration, just uncheck the subscribe checkmark ;)

When needed, I'll start scanning things in for better quality images. :)

Is anyone interested in helping out here? :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Community Project ? (Not Alone Board/Card game)

Post by wolph42 »

im always up for putting things into MT however there's always the issue of copyright. You can't just upload scanned images of a game into MT. Recently I helped Lindsay Markus a bit with the dev of an interesting game he bought through kickstarter, he posted the core mechanics here on the forum, but without the images. If you pm him with proof that you actually own the game he sends the images over. So IF you're going to do this, that will be the main thing to keep in consideration.

Ditto
Giant

Post by Ditto »

wolph42 wrote:im always up for putting things into MT however there's always the issue of copyright. You can't just upload scanned images of a game into MT. Recently I helped Lindsay Markus a bit with the dev of an interesting game he bought through kickstarter, he posted the core mechanics here on the forum, but without the images. If you pm him with proof that you actually own the game he sends the images over. So IF you're going to do this, that will be the main thing to keep in consideration.
Completely understood (another reason why I figured I'd leave the scanning of images until later .. gives me more time to figure that out :) )

Just curious ... how did you handle that with the RoboRally framework you have?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I used open source stuff (homemade by 'the internet') and I created A LOT my own. That and I've adjusted ALL material one way or another. With everything I got from the internet I checked whether there was any license (IRC not one was mentioned) so I figured I just use the material as source and adapt it to fit the game.

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”