MapTool Pathfinder resources

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Unikatze
Kobold

MapTool Pathfinder resources

Post by Unikatze »

Hey guys.

Brand new to MapTool. I used to run my games in Roll20, but I'm finding MapTool so much better (At least for in person games on a digital screen).

I play Pathfinder and I'm having trouble finding some resources for it.
Is there such a thing as a token database for the Bestiary?
What about a campaign file for Rise of the Runelords?

Another unrelated question. I saw there's some health bars that change color depending on how injured the character is, but I don't know how to change the default Green bar one. Help?

Thanks in advance!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool Pathfinder resources

Post by aliasmask »

There's a macro called Import Token (Actually PFStatblock2Token). You can go to the SRD and copy from the Creature name through ecology and it will parse the data for that creature on the selected token.

How do you want to change the default green bar? The bar images are under Bars tab in Campaign Properties. You can also go to campaign macro Edit Globals and set the Fading Arc health bars for a different look.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Unikatze wrote:I play Pathfinder and I'm having trouble finding some resources for it.
Lmarkus' Pathfinder is the most popular. However, it's also the most complex. You can see some other pre-made options and other PF related resources here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=53
Is there such a thing as a token database for the Bestiary?
No. But there are a number of "importers" that make getting monster statblocks into Maptool much easier. See the sub-forum listed above to explore what some of them do.
What about a campaign file for Rise of the Runelords?
You'd run into a copyright issue if people were sharing commercial adventure path campaign files. But the good thing is that setting sessions up in MT really is pretty easy once you learn the basics.
Another unrelated question. I saw there's some health bars that change color depending on how injured the character is, but I don't know how to change the default Green bar one. Help?
Here is an article on Health Bars. Hope it helps: http://lmwcs.com/rptools/wiki/HP_and_Health_Bars
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Do you use Hero Lab for Pathfinder? If so, I could make life easier for you... :)
-Jamz

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Sorry, Unikatze. I thought you were a spammer and deleted your posts. You had 3 posts, 2 of them said "I do." and another on a post from 3 years ago with a similar short phrase.

Feel free to repost. After you get your next post approved you won't have to worry about being filtered out.

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Post by Elyre_Elan »

aliasmask wrote:There's a macro called Import Token (Actually PFStatblock2Token). You can go to the SRD and copy from the Creature name through ecology and it will parse the data for that creature on the selected token.
Hello aliasmask- don't mean to be dense, but where would I find the PFStatblock2Token macro?

Thank-you.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Elyre_Elan wrote:
aliasmask wrote:There's a macro called Import Token (Actually PFStatblock2Token). You can go to the SRD and copy from the Creature name through ecology and it will parse the data for that creature on the selected token.
Hello aliasmask- don't mean to be dense, but where would I find the PFStatblock2Token macro?

Thank-you.
It's in the PF/3.5 Framework in the Campaign Window near the bottom.

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Post by Elyre_Elan »

Thank-you! :)

Unikatze
Kobold

Post by Unikatze »

JamzTheMan wrote:Do you use Hero Lab for Pathfinder? If so, I could make life easier for you... :)
I do use HeroLab!
Sorry, seems I replied to this but it was thought I was a spammer :P

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

You can download my fork at maptool.nerps.net where they is also a link to my campaign framework.

If you add por files to you asset lib you can draw characters from those poor files onto the map.

If you user my campaign it should also stat them for Pathfinder.
-Jamz

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”