Loosing traveled path view

If you have searched the other User Creations subforums and an answer to your question has not been found, please post here!

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

ralstad
Cave Troll

Loosing traveled path view

Post by ralstad »

Hello all,

I have a small question I am DMing a D&D 3.5 campaign and one of 3 player token lose what they have seen after moving. In other words when the token moves they see the path they moved but not anything before that, all the other tokens are fine when they move the fog of war still shows there path they have traveled. I have looked at everything I can think of but can't figure this out.

Can anyone think of what to check to fix this. Oh I am using Imarkus campaign framwork.

ralstad

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Loosing traveled path view

Post by aliasmask »

Probably related to the AI pathing. If you turn it off it should act like normal. I'm not sure what on your map is preventing the AI pathing from showing.

ralstad
Cave Troll

Post by ralstad »

Would this just effect 1 player token and not all of them because this only happens with 1 player token, I have even checked the npc tokens and the ones I checked aren't doing it?

Here is what is going on in picture form so you can see.

Starting position.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (79.35 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
30' move
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (107.85 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
5' move
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (90.68 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
and here is what another token looks like
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (830.54 KiB) Viewed 4562 times
Also, where do I find AI pathing to test this?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Depends on the version of MT being used, but there should be a button at the top with an AI icon. Just click it so it turns off, green to grey. Also, using Player View isn't always the most reliable way to show what the players see. I recommend starting a server then open another instance of MT and log in as a player for a true player view.

ralstad
Cave Troll

Post by ralstad »

Alias,

I am running v1.7 and I took those pics with the server runnning and the reason I knew about it was the player asked me during a game why it was doing what it was doing after 2 sessions of it working correctly.

I tried what you suggested then started server by turning off AI pathing and turning server on and rechecking and it is still doing it. Any other ideals?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I similar behavior happens when you move tokens not on the token layer. None of the settings I've tried can duplicate so I would say that install is bugged. Perhaps have them delete then re-install.

ralstad
Cave Troll

Post by ralstad »

Alias,

I appreciate the help you have given, I can say it is happening on the player and DM program. May have to download the campaign again one this adventure is over.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

One the top right (next to Select Map), what FoW option does this player have selected?

Are you sure all of the players only have ownership of one token?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

If you are exposing FoW with exposePCOnlyArea() then it hides everything they cannot current see, unlike exposeFOW() which adds the newly exposed area to the existing visible area.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

Return to “Requests for HELLLLP!”