[Request] GUMSHOE

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: [Request] GUMSHOE

Post by CoveredInFish »

I know of at least one group playing with this fw. I heard ut went fine.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Any idea how this works with the latest version? We ended up not using a fw last game, just did rolls with real dice and used google docs for notes and stuff.... then we got back to our 4E game. Players are deciding whether they should break before we start the "final castle" of the campaign... if so, I imagine MCB will come up as an option to play.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

I dont see any trouble ahead, should work fine.

Have to admit - I just did a quick test, no time for more.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I translated this Framework into French and modified a couple elements to be more to my liking. Thanks a lot CIF !

Screenshots, information and download can be found HERE.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

I'm always happy to see my stuff being used :)

Would you like to tell what changes you made (that are not localisation)? I tried to look for myself but am a bit helpless with all that french.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

CoveredInFish wrote:I'm always happy to see my stuff being used :)

Would you like to tell what changes you made (that are not localisation)? I tried to look for myself but am a bit helpless with all that french.
Nothing really major. I actually did that months ago but forgot to mention it here.

Here's what I remember :

-- reorganized the Campaign panel and added an "instructions" macro with basic documentation for both players and GMs.
-- added your Select Setting macro to the Campaign Panel so GMs can find it easily.
-- added some conditions on opening the CS (testing against lib:, against token layer, etc...)

I plan on adding Night's Black Agent and Ashen Stars support, and expanding the CS a bit (add a place to add notes, and import the inventory system from my CoC FW).

I noticed something interesting on your FW : on the CS, there are two graphics (+ and -) for spends and regain of skill pools. I looked at the code to find where they were pulled from, and they look like State images. However when I look at the Campaign Properties I don't see states with these image ! How did you manage that ?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

They are actually Image-Tokens, hidden on the object layer behind that "powered by gumshoe" sign. I wrote some image handling UDFs so I just have to use the relevant part of the token name.

EDIT: looking that up I think I found an error. Could it be that clicking an img-link (+ or -) on the character sheet does not generate chat output? If so I have to fix that ...

angband
Kobold

Post by angband »

CoveredInFish wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:33 am
They are actually Image-Tokens, hidden on the object layer behind that "powered by gumshoe" sign. I wrote some image handling UDFs so I just have to use the relevant part of the token name.

EDIT: looking that up I think I found an error. Could it be that clicking an img-link (+ or -) on the character sheet does not generate chat output? If so I have to fix that ...
I am currently getting into Maptool and I was wondering whether anybody still had this framework for Gumshoe, as I would like to have a look at it. Starting from scratch would be too hard for me as a beginner, I guess.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

CoveredInFish hasn't been to the forums in 3 years. You can try to PM him or anyone else in the thread who seems may have downloaded it. You will have to get another post approved before you can PM I believe.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

you can also try to pm azhrei as he made a massive download of all dropbox links before dropbox decided to break everything (again).

angband
Kobold

Post by angband »

aliasmask wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:04 pm
CoveredInFish hasn't been to the forums in 3 years. You can try to PM him or anyone else in the thread who seems may have downloaded it. You will have to get another post approved before you can PM I believe.
Alright, thanks to the both of you :)

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Sorry for the late reply, I had completely forgotten I had translated this FW several years ago (never actually used it, that's a shame). I'll try and dig the FW today and post a link to it later today. To be continued...

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Found it!

Uploaded the file to Dropbox: LINK

angband
Kobold

Post by angband »

booga wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:40 am