D&D DDM 2.0 maptools

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

paddirn
Kobold

D&D DDM 2.0 maptools

Post by paddirn »

[updated to v.0.3, some changes were lifted from another DDM maptools campaign file that I haven't been able to find the author of or even the original post where I found it, if you are he or you know where it's at, let me know so I can give proper credit. Many small changes made)

Alot of serious gamers seem to shun DDM (including Wizards of the Coast themselves it would seem), but I still like it. Haven't really seen any .cmpgn files for it anywhere on here, so I've been working little by little on it and I was hoping to get some feedback on how it looks/works so far. For now I only have the starter minis (until I get the basic template honed). I tried not to make it too automated because 1) I haven't coded anything since Neverwinter Nights & Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, and 2) automation takes all the fun out of it.

There are a couple of things that I would want to get working, but I'm not anywhere near as patient or as knowledgeable of coding as I should be. Namely I'm wondering about:

* getExposedTokenNames() when I try to use this as a targeting macro for a selection, it gives the error: "You do not have permission to call the getExposedTokenNames function." Is there a way around this or is it impossible for selections to use this in a macro? The ultimate goal of the macro is to pull up a drop-down box and then say something like:

[r:attName] is targeting [r:targetName].

It works fine as a campaign macro, the selected token chooses another token and it outputs fine, but as a selection macro it falls flat.

* Is there a way to set effects based on a token's location? Specifically I'm wanting to take into account difficult terrain, which causes movement through that terrain to double for the mini. Special terrain would be a nice thing to track too, such as terrain that gives an attack bonus or what have you.
Attachments
Starter.0.3.cmpgn
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Return to “User Creations”