New Header Image?

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Full Bleed
Demigod

New Header Image?

Post by Full Bleed »

Right now we've got a phpbb image up there (or at least, I do.) So I tweaked up a header image for the forums from the main site. Works pretty well on light and dark backgrounds.
Attachments
Forum Logo Header.png
Forum Logo Header.png (14.44 KiB) Viewed 538 times
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Raoden
Dragon

Re: New Header Image?

Post by Raoden »

Thumbs up.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Excellent -- thanks, FB!

There's a setting somewhere that I can define what the SITEIMAGE should be then it gets filled in to any styles that uses that variable. I'll find it and get it updated tonight so the default image will at least be this one. Then if it really sucks for a given style people can report back here and I'll see about editing that one style page.

(Edit: Hmm, looks pretty good! Some of the styles either don't use the image (such as envision) and in some of them the red "RP" is a little out of place, but it looks really good in almost all of the styles. I think I'll edit the envision style and it, though. :))

kristof65
Dragon

Post by kristof65 »

Much better! The Skyline Blue logo that was showing kept confusing me

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

If I had a higher res version to work with I would have made the background behind the letters about 10-15% transparent or added nearly transparent "rivets" so that it melted/tied into a variety of themes better... But whoever did the original logo did a good job with it and I didn't want to mess with it too much. Just couldn't stand looking at that PHPbb logo much longer. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:Just couldn't stand looking at that PHPbb logo much longer. ;)
Yep, I understand!

ENworld has gone to having a bunch of ads on their forums. So I wrote a GreaseMonkey script that eliminates most of them and gives the full window width for the forum posts.

Of course, here on RPTools I don't have to resort to such hacks and I can modify the styles myself! :mrgreen:

Return to “User Creations”