Underdark + Drow Enclave

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

paulstrait
Dragon

Underdark + Drow Enclave

Post by paulstrait »

Please download this map, and send me some feedback, and feel free to use some or all of it your games: http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/pa ... cmpgn.html

I recently completed a map involving a series of caverns/tunnels in the Underdark, along with a Drow Enclave built into a cavern. I designed this for my game, in which the 5 PCs were level 15 (D&D 4E). There are 12 encounters, and the monsters are fully ready to go w/ HP, powers, defenses, etc. They are designed with my version of the Veg framework, but it could be easily adapted to whatever you use. You can obviously use the map and replace the monsters with whatever you want.

In each room, there is a room description embedded in the map (large stars that are only visible to the GM, just click on them to see the description). In rooms where there are encounters, the basic tactics/strategy of the monsters is described there, along with the XP for each encounter.

The caverns are largely blocky/squarish, just because it was easier/quicker to make, but since it is the underdark (the caverns are natural rather than man-made), the caverns should probably be a little bit less blocky.

There are 12 encounters, and I really think they are suitable for any party about midway through the paragon tier in 4E.

Again, any and all feedback is welcome -- each map I make I think is better than the last -- learning curve -- so anything that helps me make a better map would be awesome. Also, if you use some or all of this in your games, send me a note letting me know how it goes!

Paul

Return to “User Creations”