An idea for top down tokens...

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

An idea for top down tokens...

Post by JonathanTheBlack »

The WoW Model Viewer!
Spoiler

You can also use it to get perspective screenshots of the monsters to put in as portraits, so the players can better see what it is they're fighting.

Rumble
Deity

Re: An idea for top down tokens...

Post by Rumble »

I've been wondering about that. I assume you need to own WoW to use it, though?

I may be the only person on Earth who doesn't actually have the game... :shock:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Rumble wrote:I may be the only person on Earth who doesn't actually have the game... :shock:
Heh, nope. "Monthly fee by bum!" says I. I play Guild Wars.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Brindon
Kobold

Post by Brindon »

Rumble wrote:I've been wondering about that. I assume you need to own WoW to use it, though?
You could probably download the free trial if you did want to use the model viewer. That would give you the game's art files without the need for an active subscription.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

plothos wrote:Heh, nope. "Monthly fee by bum!" says I. I play Guild Wars.
What he said. Though I haven't played GW in some time now.
Brindon wrote:
You could probably download the free trial if you did want to use the model viewer. That would give you the game's art files without the need for an active subscription.
Danger, Will Robinson!! This is a trap!

Tricky Brindonsons always tricking Smeegle.
I cast firecube! ~4E

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Yeah, the free trial would work for that Rumble and a monthly fee for a game that provides hours of entertainment is well worth the price. No matter what any of you say. :P

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

JonathanTheBlack wrote:a monthly fee for a game that provides hours of entertainment is well worth the price. No matter what any of you say.
Hey, it's your money. More power to ya. I just get the above for free after buying the game. *shrug* GW isn't everybody's cup of tea, though. I happen to like it more than WoW anyway, so it's win-win for me. I'm lucky that way. :)
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Jector wrote:Danger, Will Robinson!! This is a trap!

Tricky Brindonsons always tricking Smeegle.

It's really not a trap. MMO's hold no appeal for me.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Most MMO end games don't appeal to me, or the technology makes it no fun (ie lag), but I really did love leveling a character and when you have friends willing to level with you make it a bit more fun.

I got burnt out with WOW, back when max level was 40 (the last time I played) because all that was left was grinding, running alt characters through the same situations, and highly intensive mostly chaotic dungeon runs. WOW has been good about adding new content and I'm sure I would love to play again. But I'm doing stuff I like now and playing WOW would pretty much negate all that other stuff for me.

I played Warhammer Online and that was really fun too. IMO the fairness factor was better in that game than WOW, but end game lag turned me off eventually.

Now I waste all my time with DM'ing a 3.5 game, programming for MT and reading these forums.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Turns out that it doesn't work with the trial because the trial only downloads (or so it seems) part of the necessary data at any given time; it's not the full game.

I mean, if I played the game, it may eventually download all the art files, but that's not worth it.

JonathanTheBlack
Dragon

Hrm, I thought there was a full trial download somewhere as well. You don't actually have to play the whole game. Just get people to teleport you around. :D

Return to “User Creations”