Download Latest Release (7-19-21)
Code: Select all
5-7-20 aliasmask: Update many of the varsFromStrProp references to the newer json.toVars() Requires MT version 1.5.5 or later. 5-18-20 aliasmask: MT bug with applyToSelected. Applied "temp" fix to reformatMacroOutput. This shouldn't break after the MT fix is applied. 7-19-21 (AM): Updated to filter CR in tooltips (new feature) and to handle html entities with ; in macro name.
The rest of this stuff is old, but still relevant.
Special thanks to CoveredInFish for the original inspiration of MacroIO.
I'm still updating the manual, but I hope most things are intuitive. It was fun using the editor to update the editor while running. Just can't touch the save or load stuff. I'm not really happy with the color scheme of the button editor, but it's less offensive than it was. I'll probably update that as well in the future. I'm going to start work on v1.2 adding debugger tools, reformatting the tools menu and removing tweaks tab and putting functionality in to the tools area. Once I get the debugger in there, I'll start working on my other projects, namely spell lib 2.0.[/b]
- Download the latest release or pre-release version.
- Add RPedit to your maptools map, version 1.3.b87 or later.
- Drag Edit Token to your campaign frame. Make sure to uncheck Allow Players to Edit in options on new macro. Verify Apply to Selected Tokens is still checked.
- First time, run onCampaignLoad to define functions and initialize data.
- Select a token to modify and click Edit Token.
- Click Config and set to your preferences. (see manual for options)
- Paste text in to text area with the proper format and save macros.
- Click Load and select macros to export to text area.
- Use Tools for related macro manipulation.
- Be sure to read the manual, feature history and FAQs.
||| Config Options - Modes |||
- Turn on Edit Mode: When selected, then the Text Area does not clear after saving.
- Reload after Save: When selected, the Text Area will reload any new formats generated when saved. Depending on your other options selected, comments could be put in the statement, the property string will show and the order of macros could be resorted.
- Enable Last Save History: When selected, a list of the macros saved are remembered.
- Load Last Save on Startup: When selected, when the RPedit frame is opened the last saved macros are pre-loaded in to the text area.
- Show TAB Groups for Multi Macro Select: When selected, you'll have the option to select macros by groups or individually.
- Default Macro Select on Load: When selected, the Macro Select option is pre-selected for load options.
- Default Text Area Setting on Load: When loading saved macros, you have an option to ignore, save or reload the text in the Text Area. Choosing an option here pre-selects that option for you.
||| Config Options - Tweaks |||
- Notepad++ collapsible format: When selected, loaded macro will be outputted in collapsible format.
- (see Notepad++)
- Re-sort buttons by color on Save: When selected, saving will change the sort order of colored buttons that have no sort order. This will group like-colored buttons together, then alphabetical. When editing buttons and this is selected, the same will be applied.
- Change line comments to statements: When selected, saving macros will update comment lines to comments within a statement. This will prevent it from going to the chat panel.
||| Config Options - Local |||
- Set Form Width: This sets the width of the Text Area.
- Set Form Height: This sets the height of the Text Area.
- Open Dialog instead of Frame: When selected, a Dialog will open instead of a frame.
||| Edit Buttons |||
- Edit Buttons SCREEN SHOT
- Each group has a submit button that will only submit for that group. The Update All button is at the bottom of form.
- You can quickly change multiple macro button and attributes at one time.
- You can either enter a color code (#000000) for a button color or font or select from the dropdown list below custom field.
- Buttons can be re-sorted by button color if you have re-sort enabled. Once an order is set, it is not changed with with the re-sort. You can set it to 0 and it will again be re-sorted based on button color.
- Order does not effect how the macros are display in Edit Buttons form. They are listed alphabetically.
- You can change macro button group with the dropdown list button.
- You can add a group, temporarily if you update before a macros is assigned to it, by clicking "+ Group". Just enter a unique group name with no HTML or special characters.
- Tooltip currently converts double quotes to single quotes.
- Instead of having to go to Tools button, you can update the Edit Buttons screen with Refresh.
- Macro Buttons are representative to how they appear in the Select Frame. If you click a macro button in the Edit Buttons window, you can bring it up in the Editor, Delete or Rename it.
- Size is converted to pt style font and only pt fonts in the list are recognized. Unknown fonts will be set at 11pt.
- If you do a lot of editing on the token and you leave the Edit Buttons window open, be sure to hit the Refresh button.
- Edit Buttons SCREEN SHOT