- Movement rules will be the same. For now.
- Combat phases will be the same. For now.
- City encounter will be slightly different. Some items may always be in stock.
- Carrying mechanics will be the same. 1 Armor, 2 weapons, 2 Allies limit.
- All creatures, characters and allies will be unique but follow the general power levels already established in Runebound.
- Experience mechanic will be the same (trade for stat boosts), but creature appearance may vary. I'm leaning towards a different encounter mechanic.
- I'm leaning towards a simultaneous action mode.
Characters may be able to fight the same monster(s) at the same time in a co-op or versus mode. Simultaneous means everyone moves at same time and fights at same time. This should make the game quicker. But if fighting the same monster, each Player will have to choose which phase to attack on (range,melee,magic) because only one is allowed. Allies can also fight in open slots, but only 3 attackers are allowed for combat. More is possible for Before Combat actions.
Whenever a player enters an encounter area, there is a chance for more than 1 creature of one type to be there. It will be possible to evade any number of creatures before determining combat. The chance and number of creatures increase the more Players who are in the encounter area. Each player only chooses 1 creature to fight at a time, but there is only 1 Before Combat phase and player may have to defend against multiple creatures. The player that does the most damage to creature (or killing blow in case of tie) gets the odd xp and gold, otherwise it's split evenly. This includes allies, but Ally gives gold to Hero. Allies may carry and use equipment the same as the player, but items can not be traded from Ally once given. This does increase the value of the Ally if dismissed in a city. The Ally can then be rehired with equipment, but the Ally cost will be relative to the items added.
Player vs Player will be possible, but is determined before beginning of encounter (no post combat backstabbing). If entering combat as Allies, then post combat (if there is combat) trade is allowed. Eventhough, 2 Players may enter an encounter in versus mode, they may still evade each other. For example if they want all the xp and gold in an encounter, they may compete to defeat the monster(s). The creature will choose it's main target after Players choose phase to attack. If both Players chose the same phase, then whoever the creature chooses will get the chance to do damage.
- Encounter mode - Choose if you want to ally or free for all with other players.
- Evade or Sneak - Choose which creatures you wish to fight. Failed Evade or Sneak will give creature 1 full round where you can only defend if you're it's chosen target.
- Before Combat - use abilities, make checks. Successful Sneak gives you a Before combat attack. Only 1 Before Combat attack can be made.
- Ranged Attack - choose to attack or defend.
- Melee Attack - choose to attack or defend (only 1 attack per combat round, unless otherwise noted)
- Magic Attack - choose to attack or defend.
- Evade - you may try to escape.
I found a resource that lays out a Character creation system based on points, so I'll probably allow custom made characters after I read it.
[spoiler=||| Map Rough Draft ||] [/spoiler]