"Base" Framework for FFG Star Wars Beta

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Rumble
Deity

"Base" Framework for FFG Star Wars Beta

Post by Rumble »

I'm in the beta for Fantasy Flight Games' Edge of the Empire Star Wars RPG (er, that is...I bought the beta book; I didn't have to do anything special to become part of the beta except spend money), and I thought I'd put together a small simple basis for frameworks if anyone else out there is playing.

I'd hesitate to actually call this a framework, even, since there's only one macro, and no properties custom to the campaign. What it really is is a dice roller for the game. As you may know, the game uses a set of custom dice rather like Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition, with special symbols and so forth. I adapted the symbols they used into a custom dice roller using MapTool's table feature.

Basically, you indicate how many dice you want to roll of each type, and they're displayed in chat. Successes, failures, and other special symbols are tallied and the results of the dice roll are shown as well.

Basic Dice Dialog:
ffg_sw_dicedialog.png
ffg_sw_dicedialog.png (49.64 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
Results in Chat:
ffg_sw_result.png
ffg_sw_result.png (21.19 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
I've also attached a zip file with the images I used, and the campaign itself, of course.

Update: realized that I had the dice macro in Global rather than Campaign. Fixed that.
Attachments
ffg_eoe.cmpgn
(115.39 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
ffg_sw_dicefaces.zip
(51.6 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

SoupViking
Kobold

Re: "Base" Framework for FFG Star Wars Beta

Post by SoupViking »

Rock on man. Thanks for this. Now to find a game.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

By the way, if you use Dicenomicon, you can use these dice face images to create a set of custom dice. It's not a huge deal considering that you can also just buy the dice rolling app from FFG, but it's another option.

Kat9
Kobold

Post by Kat9 »

I am new to maptools and I have figured out so far how to use the campaign thing but how do I install the dice faces?

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Cross posting for relevance:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 26#p242126

Tl;dr I made new dice faces that would work for this roller. At a glance, it looks like he copy pasted parts of your code for his roller, so the same statement I made there holds true; if you want to use the tables I uploaded there, you have to reorder the switches for each die type in the roller (or just build new tables to match the switches). The face images are in my gallery, either way.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Jshock/EotE/

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you bring up the dialog shown in the first post?
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

oggmosh
Cave Troll

Post by oggmosh »

Crossposting for relevance: You might want to check out the Edge of the Empire framework at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23988

A2oe
Kobold

Post by A2oe »

Thank you very much for helpiing me out. Saved a LOT of time, much appreciated

Return to “User Creations”