Very simple Pathfinder FW based on Toolbar

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Very simple Pathfinder FW based on Toolbar

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

My players wanted a very simple PF framework so I grabbed the existing toolbar framework and took out the timer, added stat block importer and added a PC toolbar.

So none of this is my own work. I currently do not play PF but this is what I am going to propose to my players. If others find it useful then here it is:

Cheers.
Attachments
DokABar.cmpgn
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 193 times

Funau
Cave Troll

Re: Very simple Pathfinder FW based on Toolbar

Post by Funau »

Hello. Thank you for this Toolbar Edit. It is very helpful.

But I have a Little Question. After Editing the Character Sheet and Saving it, there are some Little Windows to give them any value. These Windows called "match.101.m1.group0", "match.102.m2.group0", "match.103.m3.group0" and so on. I think this are the Values between INIT and REACH, but they does not called so. Is this a Little bug?

Cheer Funau

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Funau wrote:Hello. Thank you for this Toolbar Edit. It is very helpful.

But I have a Little Question. After Editing the Character Sheet and Saving it, there are some Little Windows to give them any value. These Windows called "match.101.m1.group0", "match.102.m2.group0", "match.103.m3.group0" and so on. I think this are the Values between INIT and REACH, but they does not called so. Is this a Little bug?

Cheer Funau
Thats an regex error where a group is retriever that does not exist. The dev should use an if to check Wiki: getGroupCount() and Wiki: getFindCount()

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Thanks. Now a Second Problem with umlauts (äöü). I want to fill the Character Sheet Information on German. But all umlauts turned to this �.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Funau wrote:Thanks. Now a Second Problem with umlauts (äöü). I want to fill the Character Sheet Information on German. But all umlauts turned to this �.
I thought that was fixed. Which version are you using. Also it might be a setting but I'm unfamiliar with it. Try contacting coveredfish he's German and might know more on the subject.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:
Funau wrote:Thanks. Now a Second Problem with umlauts (äöü). I want to fill the Character Sheet Information on German. But all umlauts turned to this �.
I thought that was fixed. Which version are you using. Also it might be a setting but I'm unfamiliar with it. Try contacting coveredfish he's German and might know more on the subject.
There's some parameter you can enter in your start up to use unicode characters. A quick search of forums should lead you to it.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

aliasmask wrote:
wolph42 wrote:
There's some parameter you can enter in your start up to use unicode characters. A quick search of forums should lead you to it.
I have tested both Problems used Maptool 1.3.b89 on Windows8 64bit and Java 1.7.0_51-b13, and on Maptool 1.3.b87 on WindowsXP 32bit and Java 1.7.0_51-b13.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

edit: ninja'd (been a while since last that happened. And usually its CiF der Schatten Meister-Ninja that does that.)
Funau wrote:I have tested both Problems used Maptool 1.3.b89 on Windows8 64bit and Java 1.7.0_51-b13, and on Maptool 1.3.b87 on WindowsXP 32bit and Java 1.7.0_51-b13.
I think you misunderstood (or I am misunderstanding your reply): AM means that when you run maptool, you launch it with a command with parameters (usually the launcher does this for you, but the effect is the same), e.g:

Code: Select all

start "MapTool" javaw -Xmx1024M -Xss2M -jar maptool-1.3.b89.jar run
now its possible to add a -<setting here> to this command line to set unicode. However, the new launcher (link in sig.) that comes with b90 has language settings, you might want to try these out.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Now I downloaded the Maptool Version 1.3b90-beta from here:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24850

and launched it with german Setting. Maptool itself runs correctly and all umlauts (äöü) be there. The same thing runs correctly with the older Maptool Versions. Only the DokABar.cmpgn (see Topic) and the Character Sheet Macro doesnt work with umlauts.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Addition: Unfortunatly no umlauts works in every macro I have created.

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

Funau wrote:Addition: Unfortunatly no umlauts works in every macro I have created.
Sorry Funau, that argument only works to properly display unicode characters. But in terms of these running through the MapTool parser, they will break execution. Your option is to settle for replacements.

There's a fix for Unicode on my project (sorry for the shameless plug). It's one those fixes that wouldn't have made it through for b90, so I kept it on mine. It's been tested on French Unicode, and I've been looking for game files using other languages for testing. You can share your file with me once we start our public releases. Here's our link (warning it's on Kickstarter), if you're interested to know what we're working on. Oh, if you know of people who might be interested, please do share ;)

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Lee wrote:
Funau wrote:Addition: Unfortunatly no umlauts works in every macro I have created.
Sorry Funau, that argument only works to properly display unicode characters. But in terms of these running through the MapTool parser, they will break execution. Your option is to settle for replacements.

There's a fix for Unicode on my project (sorry for the shameless plug). It's one those fixes that wouldn't have made it through for b90, so I kept it on mine. It's been tested on French Unicode, and I've been looking for game files using other languages for testing. You can share your file with me once we start our public releases. Here's our link (warning it's on Kickstarter), if you're interested to know what we're working on. Oh, if you know of people who might be interested, please do share ;)
Thank you for this tip. Now I take some HTML Entity to prepare the umlauts correct.

http://www.mediaevent.de/tutorial/sonderzeichen.html

Current I translate the DokAbar Toolbar.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

One more Framework bug. The "Setup Token" does not save the Size. Everytime back to medium!

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I have started playing Pathfinder now and I am using an updated version of this Framework. It is 6MB so I will have to put it in my dropBox:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/388 ... nder.cmpgn

I am new to Pathfinder as a DM and some of my players are new so the objective is to help me create a module fast and help my players learn the game. I trust the players so there are no checks to spells, HP, bonuses etc.

This is not a framework which calculates anything for you. Bonuses need to be thought out and damage applied to tokens as and when.

The Game Masters map has library tokens and a few blank tokens for characters and monsters.

Player Token:
Load Character macro will accept Text input and on saving will try to find stuff like AC, HP and auto fill the token properties. I use Stat Block from PCGen to populate my characters (block 5 or 7 I think looks nice). But any text should work. It does look for four capital letters in a row and bold/highlight them so I add IIII in places as nice line breaks.
Check States just posts the current character states to the chat
addSpells adds spells to spell books. There are no checks. Spells can be entered one at a time or as a list separated by commas. They need to be entered exactly as per the PFSRD entry (eg monster summoning iii, not monster summoning 3)
Spell book calls up the current token's list of added spells.
Spells calls up the full database of PFSRD spells in case you cannot find the exact name to add. It is huge, so some of my players find that it slows down their PC.
Quick Ref helps us look up some of the rules
Character sheet pulls up the character sheet (as added as text in Load Character) but with macros where ever a dice roll or +Number occurs.

The tool bar for characters and monsters has several macros for healing, damaging, adding to initiative and adding states to selected tokens etc.

The monster token is the same except:
Create Monster pulls a list of PFSRD monsters to sleect from.
Find monster allows text entry to find a monster (has to be spelled exactly right)

Campaign macros
When monsters die they go to the object layer. At any time during the session the DM can Award XP, and all the dead monsters' XP on that map will be added to any player tokens on the map.
XPSum adds up the XP of all the selected monsters so I can calculate encounters etc.
DM Start opens some windows for the DM. Most notably a DM scratch pad where some stats for the current players and any monsters in Initiative are displayed. During combat it does not auto refresh but can be refreshed by clicking Refresh on the window.

There are the shoots of an army token macro set but I am not there yet with the Wrath of the Righteous modules so don't know if it will work.. There are also some Message tokens (from this board) and a Quest award token that works just like the monsters when XP is awarded by DMs.

Return to “User Creations”