Not much to say. Here's the tutorial to build your own map (9 have already been prepared) and to start the game. If you have any questions... don't hesitate to ask them here.
Game tutorial Video
Note: its fairly well possible that their will be some bugs in there. I've extensively tested a LOT of things, but its a complex framework with endless possibilities, hence the proof is in the pudding. Let me know if you encounter something!!
Very very short tutorial
0. Make sure the Table (gray area) is EMPTY
1. BACKGROUND LAYER:
Drag one or more of the prepared board onto the table (thats the gray area). Make sure they stay WITHIN the boarders!!
You can rotate them as you like and you can place as many as you like as long as they do NOT overlap!!
2. OBJECT LAYER:
Place the green checkpoints on the map where you want them. Always make sure that they are contiguous and starting with 1 (e.g. 1,2 and 3. NOT 1,2 and 4)
3. (go back to the token layer)
Click the red 'Initialize map' button (wait a few seconds). You'll get a pop-up, check if everything is correct and continue. Click Cancel if everything is NOT correct (and correct it, rinse and repeat)
4. Start server AS PLAYER (or you'll be cheating)
5. Let other players (as player) connect (indeed this can only be played with multiple instances. Note that you *can* run multiple instances on one PC)
6. Click 'Start Game'. Again a pop-up, assign the red marked player names to the bots. Do NOT skip a bot. So 3 players means bots 1,2 and 3. Also make sure you spell the names correctly!!
HERE THE GAME STARTS, Read the rules e.g. here if you don't know them.
7a. Click 'Deal Cards'
b. Order the cards to your liking, wait until everyone is ready and
c. click 'Run Program'. Sit back and watch the show. Note that in the chat you'll see a log of what happened. You will also see the bots ANIMATED over the screen
rinse and repeat (that is: 7a to c).
Important remark: you should be able to play the game with a stack size of 4. However if you're going to create a new board (so I don't mean just creating a play field by moving a couple of boards in the play area, but actually creating a new board like e.g. 'laser maze' from scratch) then you need to temporarily set the stack size to 10 !!
ROBORALLY - RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
edit: first version update
- 2.0: too much to mention, I'll update this later (hopefully)
- 1.0a: toggles can now handle multiple and rotated boards (again make SURE that the impersonated and selected panels are turned OFF when you use these).
- 1.0b: added animation-turn-pause-toggle.
- 1.0c: small fix in turnbot that threw an error