G1- Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1E- Adventure)

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

quikdagger
Giant

G1- Steading of the Hill Giant Chief (1E- Adventure)

Post by quikdagger »

Framework: Celestian's AD&D Framework
Maptools Version 1.4.1.8

G1- Steading of the Hill Giant Chief
Only strong and experienced characters should adventure into these areas if the party is but 3 or 4 characters strong. The optimum mix for a group is 9 characters of various classes, with an average experience level of at least 9th, and armed with 2 or 3 magic items each. For a small party the most Important thing IS experience, and even a party of 3 or 4 highly experienced 9th level characters can expect a reasonable chance of survival if they use their knowledge and cunning to best advantage.

BACKGROUND
Giants have been raiding the lands of men in large bands, with giants of different sorts in these marauding groups. Death and destruction have been laid heavily upon every place these monsters have visited. This has caused great anger in high places, for life and property loss means failure of the vows of noble rulers to protect the life and goods of each and every subject - and possible lean times for the rulers as well as the ruled. Therefore, a party of the bravest and most powerful adventurers has been assembled and given the charge to punish the miscreant giants. These adventurers must deliver a sharp check, deal a lesson to the clan of hill giants nearby, or else return and put their heads upon the block for the headsman's axe! Yet this charge is not as harsh as it may seem, for all have been fully equipped with all standard items needed for both wilderness an dungeon exploration; and each member of the party has likewise been given the finest horse available. Guides are available to help, and the leader has a splendid map showing exactly where the great timber fortress of the chief of the hill giants in the area is. This chief, one Nosnra, is a grossly fat and thoroughly despicable creature, sly and vicious, loving ambush and backstabbing. Furthermore, the party has been cautioned to expect a secret force, some motivational power behind this unusual banding of different races of giants. More surprises might be in store ... Finally, the party has been instructed to keep any and all loot they chance upon, this to be their reward for the perils they are to face. They are to follow any clues discovered if such point towards the sinister hand suspected of guiding the rising, but to return at once if they should determine exactly the reason or force behind the unholy alliance. Some relic of great evil might be at hand.

INFORMATION
This is the first part of the great G series, Against the Giants, by Gary Gygax for the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game system. I have recreated the module to make it as simple as possible for a group of players and Dungeon Master to download, launch, and start play. All vision, combatants, non-combatants, lighting, individual hit points and even individual experience values have all been calculated. I will begin work on G2 - Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl. I did NOT include the Oerth map of the area as the map that I have is 192mb and would just make the .cmpgn file entirely too large. If anyone wants this wonderful map of Greyhawk it can be acquired here.

I hope people get enjoyment out of this legendary and historical module. Voted in 2003 to be part of the greatest "published" campaign series ever produced by TSR. It is my ambition to not only complete the G series itself but also the D-Descent and Q-Queen series as well for the complete package. I will release each part individually and once completed the entire series compiled.

ADVENTURE ON!

DOWNLOAD HERE

RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

Return to “User Creations”