(Maps) T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

quikdagger
Giant

(Maps) T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Post by quikdagger »

Just a few maps for the fabulous T1-4 I have begun my finishing touches on ;)
Sorry for all the recent releases... I've gotten the bug again for releasing content... expect a steady stream, both newer 5E content and a polishing of the massive amounts of stuff I have made for 1E/2E which is my favorite version!

HOMMLET

MOATHOUSE

TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL
RPGA#: 5223824963
Recruiting: World's Largest Dungeon
Camapign Session Summary Page
In Development: World of Deiradh
SkypeID:quikdagger
LFR Character:Malcrere Krylon (Human Pursuing Avenger 1)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: (Maps) T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Post by Full Bleed »

Nice work.

Do you have higher res versions available somewhere?

I grab all ToEE maps I find.

Have you seen Jared Blando's village of Hommlet? I think it's one of the best and is inexpensive: https://jaredblando.com/dnd5eencounterm ... of-hommlet

And Super Captain also has some amazing ToEE maps available: http://educatedgamer.net/gallery/thumbn ... p?album=16

Some more Super Captain ToEE maps here: http://www.educatedgamer.net/art/maps/

The main site is pretty broken, but you can get at many of the files via the root directories. Unfortunately most of the temple dungeons and nodes are missing now.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Nicely done!

Did you make those in Campaign Cartographer? I recognize most of the textures and set decoration.

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Full Bleed wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:26 pm
Nice work.

Do you have higher res versions available somewhere?

I grab all ToEE maps I find.

Have you seen Jared Blando's village of Hommlet? I think it's one of the best and is inexpensive: https://jaredblando.com/dnd5eencounterm ... of-hommlet

And Super Captain also has some amazing ToEE maps available: http://educatedgamer.net/gallery/thumbn ... p?album=16

Some more Super Captain ToEE maps here: http://www.educatedgamer.net/art/maps/

The main site is pretty broken, but you can get at many of the files via the root directories. Unfortunately most of the temple dungeons and nodes are missing now.
Unfortunately I do not have higher resolution copies. I am converting them over in Dungeon Painter Studio though so that will greatly increase the resolution and make it much better for a module release here on RPTOOLS (which I must say is not nearly as active of a community as I remember it being)

Phergus wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm
Nicely done!

Did you make those in Campaign Cartographer? I recognize most of the textures and set decoration.
They were created with the old AD&D Core Rules program and I do believe that it was Campaign Cartographer it came with. I cannot remember if it was my DM that made them or whatnot as they were just on a USB that had all my old stuff from our old games. As I said above, I am converting them in DPS to increase the map to use 70 pixels per square which I will also release here.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

quikdagger wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 pm
(which I must say is not nearly as active of a community as I remember it being)
Development drives traffic and confidence that MT is still a relevant and maintained project.

Traffic drives new users/adopters and confidence that MT is still a relevant and maintained project.

So with development being non-existent, the fact that it is still being maintained is lost on many and traffic has, unsuprisingly, dwindled.

MT is still the most powerful, flexible, opensource VTT out there... but it's also still dated, difficult for some to setup and run, and lacking prefabricated commercial content. Many newer VTT users (which is a segment that has exploded in the last 4 years) have very different expectations for their VTT.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

Full Bleed wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Development drives traffic and confidence that MT is still a relevant and maintained project.

Traffic drives new users/adopters and confidence that MT is still a relevant and maintained project.

So with development being non-existent, the fact that it is still being maintained is lost on many and traffic has, unsuprisingly, dwindled.

MT is still the most powerful, flexible, opensource VTT out there... but it's also still dated, difficult for some to setup and run, and lacking prefabricated commercial content. Many newer VTT users (which is a segment that has exploded in the last 4 years) have very different expectations for their VTT.
I agree entirely. I have tried some of the competitors and tried out paid versions also to give a fair shake but just came up wanting more. MT can be a pain but once you figure it out it is quite simple... I love creating pre-fabricated content as you call it so have came back and in just a couple days created an entire 1E reprint of Steading of the Hill Giant and 2 seperate short drop in 5E adventures. If I had more response for something specific I'd focus more on that. For example, I have Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder... no reason I can't recreate them in MT I just dont see desire for anything in MT anymore, which is sad, but I will not be put off... I will just keep releasing stuff as I create it and get it ready.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

quikdagger wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:29 pm
I agree entirely. I have tried some of the competitors and tried out paid versions also to give a fair shake but just came up wanting more.
I actually prefer creating content in MT over competitors. I don't mind using other VTTs as a player, but I don't like them as a GM/creator. I find them to be far too limiting and clunky.

There are simply so many things my custom framework does that no other VTT does or will probably ever do. And what they do that I don't isn't enough.
MT can be a pain but once you figure it out it is quite simple... I love creating pre-fabricated content as you call it so have came back and in just a couple days created an entire 1E reprint of Steading of the Hill Giant and 2 seperate short drop in 5E adventures. If I had more response for something specific I'd focus more on that. For example, I have Curse of Strahd and Storm King's Thunder... no reason I can't recreate them in MT I just dont see desire for anything in MT anymore, which is sad, but I will not be put off... I will just keep releasing stuff as I create it and get it ready.
This is where things get hairy for MT.

Creating published MT-formatted content requires 1) a copyright or licensing agreement and 2) a standard framework to use it with. There is little (if any) of the former for MT and virtually none of the later (certainly none that are licensed or professionally maintained.)

So it makes producing commercially viable products almost impossible.

Long story short-- Shortly after 5e came out, a player from one of my gaming groups began developing a framework for it. Before we stopped using it, it was far superior than any 5e framework that's currently being shared publicly. Since it was a player developing for a relatively new GM, for a bi-weekly game, it ended up being problematic for them to keep things all synched up during the long (and continuous) development phase... ultimately, the GM became frustrated with using the MT framework and enamored with the stability that Fantasy Ground's 5e ruleset and pre-prepared content offered. As a *player* I didn't care much which we used. But had I been a GM, I would have soldiered through the MT framework development pains and stuck with MT knowing what was at the end of the rainbow.

quikdagger
Giant

Post by quikdagger »

wolph42 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 am

a lot of the activity has moved to discord: https://discord.gg/Ru7zYq
I had no idea... thanks for that Wolph42!!!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:34 am
quikdagger wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:02 pm
I had no idea...
yeah that's a bit a an issue, you're most likely not the only one.
Heh... I found out about the Starfinder Tokens Devin Knight did for RPTools on the Fantasy Grounds site.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Well, the announcement for the Starfinder tokens was made here on the website, on Facebook and G+ at the same time.

Oddly it wasn't announced on Discord.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Phergus wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm
Well, the announcement for the Starfinder tokens was made here on the website, on Facebook and G+ at the same time.

Oddly it wasn't announced on Discord.
But not on the forums... which is the only MT "social network" that I'm engaged with. And I bet I'm not alone since, aside from maybe the wiki, it's the best source of 10+ years of use-case information. G+, Facebook, Discord, and the RPTools blog isn't likely to make it into my daily rotation any time soon. I'm fairly certain that what I get from the forums I would not get from said outlets.

And, for the record, I only engage with Fantasy Grounds on their forums, too. Which is, as I mentioned, where I learned about RPTools Starfinder tokens.

On the flip side, there was a recent post (last month) there about the "new" Token Tool 2.0... to which I informed them that it was actually available in December, 2017 (9 months earlier per notification on these forums.)

So 9 months after being "released" and announced here it gets a blog post on rptools.net and other social networks? Is it any wonder why I wouldn't bother with anyplace else?

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Full Bleed wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Slow is not the same as non-existent.

1.4.1.9 is queued up for release. Az just needs to get some time to update the build process.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jagged wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:13 pm
Slow is not the same as non-existent.
Well, sure... I guess when you're watching a tree grow, it doesn't really seem like it's actually growing...

Return to “User Creations”