A strict DnD 3.5 framework WiP

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: A strict DnD 3.5 framework WiP

Post by Full Bleed »

Oronir wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 am
As an example I take Jamz's calendar which is really nice. A calendar that is displayed for you and the players but where you ,as DM, have the option to fast forward it by days, hours, min and even /6secs. That, by itself, is something everyone would like in their campaign but everyone needs to recode it if you attach too many other stuff on it. So you could save the calendar code and make it available then with a copy move on further and attach possibilities such as advance calendar when initiative is forwarded. Or attach durations of spells to the calendar ....etc.
Even worse, to get at Jamz' calendar you have to use the Nerps fork (the campaign file won't load in 1.4.0.5)... and then it has to be reverse-engineered there and worked into whatever version of MT (and framework) that you are using. No small task or imposition.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

silbrulf
Cave Troll

Post by silbrulf »

First, real-life was an attention hog the past few months, so not much progress...

@oronir; that's the general idea. Get it built in as small of "blocks" as possible, each working independantly. Once those all work, then ill add one-clicks that can run 2-3 at once (ex. One-click to run "roll damage" then "apply to selected").

Now my dumb question
Now, feeling like I'm seriously overlooking something simple... Trying to have a macro pull all of a tokens properties and display it in a frame. Essentially, mouse-over to see basic stats; but if I need the full list I select the token, click my macro, and get a frame with everything in the properties tab. I also plan to drop the "Notes" and GMNotes" fields into the frame to allow a full statblock in one frame without having to type stats in both tabs.
Still learning macros, so anything in my code I could do in a simpler way would be appreciated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can look at the code for Token Manager in the 3.5/PF framework which essentially does the same thing.

silbrulf
Cave Troll

Post by silbrulf »

aliasmask wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 am
You can look at the code for Token Manager in the 3.5/PF framework which essentially does the same thing.
That gives me a pretty good head start, thank you. Now to figure out how to list them in the right order... Right after I figure out how that lib works
Still learning macros, so anything in my code I could do in a simpler way would be appreciated.

Return to “User Creations”