Question on a Fallout framework that I am building

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

poutsilas
Kobold

Question on a Fallout framework that I am building

Post by poutsilas »

Hello all,

For my first post, I would like to express how much i love MapTool and the capabilities it provides, so i think it's only fair if i contribute.
I am running a fallout p&p campaign and I have been writing some macros for a lot of automation tasks.
I think that after some time I will have enough to call it a framework, at which point i might share it with everyone in this forum.
I would like some advice so that i can make it as good as possible.

1) The macros do not use a single line of json. Are there some serious advantages of json in order for me to consider it for the codes?
2) The macros use the token properties (getProperty()), which are only visible to the owner of the token. They are used to track everything, from ammo, armor, experience, skills etc. Does anyone think that there is a better way to "save" and keep track of all the stuff?
3) The macros require the player to impersonate, and dont work otherwise. This ensures that each player can control only his token in regards to macros. Does anyone consider a better way to do this?
4) Some macros like the ones shooting single or burst shots remove health from NPCs. This can be done any time from the players. Is there a way for a macro executed by the player to ask my "permission" to automatically remove health from a monster or NPC according to the rolls and code of the macro?
5) I am using Plo's inventory manager which is absolutely fantastic. Is there a problem to include this or other resources in the finished framework as long as I give (of course) credit?
6) Can you point me to a good solution regarding the automation of distributing XP points based on each killed individual in combat? For example a monster gives 430 XP, divide it by 6 tokens currently in combat and add that to the token property "XP".
7) As well as automation on levelling up? I have already set up tables for those things.

Keep in mind that I still have to add code for various stuff (such as poison for example) and fallout-specific tokens. Add to that the playtesting for bugs, and the release of my framework is going to take a while.

I have attached screens to give you an idea
Attachments
wedfgdg1.jpg
wedfgdg1.jpg (192.36 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
sdfsfdsf1.jpg
sdfsfdsf1.jpg (300.47 KiB) Viewed 1424 times

Return to “User Creations”