Here are the three current versions of the Call of Cthulhu Framework, based on the 7th editions of the Chaosium rules.
Normen's version: 4.2.1
wolph42's version: 4.1.0 (includes The Haunting)
Merudo's Version: 4.0.7 (Requires MapTool 1.6.1)
URL: https://mega.nz/file/LMAzxAIY#Cm0jLlPkK ... 1jjevpwdVo
Importation Spreadsheet: 4.0.0
URL: https://mega.nz/file/PEx02Qwa#BBT1N9MKB ... zXye4reivE
Themes by Lazarius
Installation in A New Campaign: Open the .cmpgn file through the File -> Open Campaign menu of MapTool. Feel free to add more maps and tokens.
Installation in Existing Campaign:
- GM Map: contains the core token Lib:coc, as well as Lib:date (date system), Lib:lgm (whispers), and Lib:Handouts (handouts).
- GM Monster Vault: contains monsters to import with the "Monsters !" macro.
- GM Parking Garage: contains vehicle to import with the "Vehicles" macro.
- Pre-Generated PCs and NPCs: contains characters you can use for your campaign.
- Token Properties: all required, many properties are automatically calculated through the default properties
- Sight: BombVision required for explosives to work
- States: Most are required but the images can be changed
- The Campaign and GM macros are needed to activate most of the features of the framework. You can delete the macros of features you don't like.
- FdP: core images for the character sheets
- Handout Icons and Handout Styles: for the Handouts framework
- Bout of Madness: for convenience, not explicitly used by the framework
- Rules: convenience, to display the rule tables
Example of campaign using the framework: Uncle Timothy's Will
Character Sheet Features:
- Detailed character sheets similar to Chaosium's own sheets. Clicking on a skill, weapon, or attribute triggers a skill roll and displays the level of success (Normal, Hard or Extreme).
- Secondary attributes Build, Damage Bonus & Move Rate are automatically computed based on CoC7 rules.
- Each roll includes a secure tooltip to validate rolls
- Option to roll with bonus or penalty dice
- Players can click the top of their character sheet to switch between Public & Private mode. In Private mode, a character's rolls are only known to the player and the GM.
- Sanity/Wound tracking system (optional): can keep detailed notes regarding the loss of sanity & wounds of a character.
- Indefinite insanity system (optional): if a character loses more than 1/5 of their total sanity in a day, triggers an alarm telling the GM & player that the character is indefinitely insane.
- Sanity roll macro: you can automate sanity rolls for multiple characters through the "Selected Sanity Roll" macro.
- All skills/weapons from the rulebook are supported, and can be added to a character's sheet in a few clicks. Additional skills/weapons can be easily created, or imported from an excel sheet.
- After being successfully used, the player using the skill can tick it for development.
- A few spells are programmed in, and more can be added through the interface. Spells can be cast with a click, which automatically calculates the cost in MP, POW and Sanity, and provides a prompt to accept the loss.
Combat System Features:
- Combat System: clicking on a weapon's name in a character sheet will trigger the combat system. The attacker can select the target, and click to add Bonus & Penalty dice.
- Default values for check boxes are calculated intelligently depending on the target's build, distance, and states.
- If a weapon has multiple fire mode (such as Single Shot, Semi Automatic (2), Burst and Full Auto), you can select the one you wish to use.
- All hit dice & damage dice are automatically calculated.
- At the end the owner of the character is given a prompt to accept the damage. Clicking the prompt will update the character's HP, and possible roll to avoid a Major Wound.
- You can instead make combat rolls manually by click on a weapon's % hit rate in the character's sheet.
- Explosives are weapons with a radius that is number greater than zero.
- To spawn the explosive, click on its name on the character sheet. The explosive is owned by the character spawning it.
- Once spawn, move the token into position where you'd like it to explode.
- The character sheet will display the bomb's targets as well as the difficulty of the roll. Targets not in the line of sight of the explosives (such as behind cover) won't be damaged.
- Click "Detonate" to make the bomb explode and inflict damage on the targets.
Chase System Features:
- The GM can now run the "Initiate Chase" to start a chase. The GM picks who is fleeing and who is chasing.
- The macro automatically does the CON rolls and calculates the Movement Actions of everyone in the chase, and set those values in the Initiative window.
- Option for GM to teleport all players and selected tokens to the Chase Tracker. Characters are placed according to the rules.
- Obstacles are not automated. There are a few images of obstacles in the Chase Tracker map - these are intended to be dragged between locations as visual aid only.
- Set the in-game world date with the Set Date macro.
- To elapse days, use the "Next Day" macro.
- Characters automatically recover HP, MP, and their Sanity Thresholds are reset, and characters with a Major Wound get a prompt every 7 days to roll for CON to recover.
Additional Macros and Systems:
- Combined Challenges: to have multiple characters attempt a Strength or Size challenge.
- Selected Damage: Can quickly inflict damage on characters, and checks for Major Wound.
- Group Roll: to quickly do group Idea and group Luck rolls.
- Heal macros: can be used to quickly heal up a character, and to remove Major Wounds if HP reaches half of maximum HP.
- Age macro: Can age characters, changing APP & EDU if need be, and providing prompts to change STR/SIZ/DEX/CON. Not currently linked to the calendar macros.
- Rule tables: display rules for Combat, Damage, Firearms and Chases.
- Selected Sanity Rest: To reset the Sanity Threshold if the party finds a place of safety within a day. The "Next Day" macro can be used if a full day passed.
- Development Phase: can do Skill improvement rolls, Luck improvement roll, as well as updating finances and Credit Rating.
- To create a new PC or NPC, simply drag a token to the map.
- To display the character sheet of a selected token, press F2 or click "Open Character Sheet" in the Campaign view.
- Press the "Theme" button in a character sheet to change the theme of that character sheet.
- Attributes, skills, NPC/PC status and other variables can be modified through the character sheet, or by clicking "token setup" with the token selected
- Inventory Items, Spells & Weapons can be added or created from scratch by clicking the character sheet.
- PCs can turn off the sanity/wound tracking system by editing their token properties and setting "TrackSAN" and "TrackWound" to zero.
- If a characters ends their day in safety, the indefinite insanity threshold can be reset by selecting the token and pressing "Selected Rest" in the Campaign panel.
Instructions for Monsters/Creatures:
- Monsters are created by clicking on the "Monsters!" command.
- Monsters don't have Sanity, Luck, APP or EDU, but have other properties such as "Sanity Lost" and extended descriptions.
- New monsters can be added to the GM Monster Vault map and quickly imported through the "Monsters!" command.
Instructions on Importation:
- New skills, weapons, inventory items, and spells can be created through the excel sheet.
- To do so, press the button "Import Lists" in the Campaign view, and follow the instructions.
- Fix default "Brawl" weapon not working
Update 4.0.6 (05/25/2020)
- Fix bug where a handout couldn't be deleted
Update 4.0.5 (05/13/2020)
- Fix Campaign Properties bug where new tokens would not be generated properly. Thanks to sharcashmo for the heads-up!
- Changed some of the condition icons
- Update Lib:date library to 1.5.1
- Add macro "View Calendar" to the Campaign panel
- Add macros "Event - Add" and "Event - Modify" to the GM panel to change the events displayed
- Change default Calendar to a faster HTML5 one.
Update 4.0.4 (04/13/2020)
- Change FindToken, Monsters!, and Vehicules! macros so that commas in token names are displayed
- Update Lib:date to 1.5 version
- Add View Calendar macro to GM panel
- Fix edit skill ticks bug where check would be replaced by 0 or 1
- Requires MapTool 1.6.1
Update 4.0.3 (12/23/2019)
- Fix damage rolls showing "+" sign twice in a row
- Add some protection to prevent illegal symbols from getting into json objects
Update 4.0.2 (12/14/2019)
- Add Teleport macro.
- Add Spell Casting Failures tables.
- Change "version" property to "libversion".
- Change properties "libversion" and "authors" to show up on the statsheet by default.
- Fix some errors in CSS sheets.
- Fix "goto" error when clicking on character portrait in sheet.
- Update Lib:Handouts to 2.2.
- Requires MapTool 1.5.8
Update 4.0.1 (11/13/2019)
- Fix HP+X macro not working correctly when multiple tokens are selected.
- Fix Selected Damage Roll and Selected Sanity Roll results not displayed to the player if privacy mode is activated.
- Updated date library to 1.3.1.
Update 4.0 (11/10/2019)
- Add basic support for Chases! The GM can now run the "Initiate Chase" to start a chase. The GM picks who is fleeing and who is chasing. The macro automatically does the CON rolls and calculates the Movement Actions of everyone in the chase, and set those values in the Initiative window. Obstacles are not automated.
- Add support for Semi Auto, Full Auto, and Burst fire modes. If a weapon has more than one firing mode, you pick one after clicking a weapon in the character sheet. Full Auto and Burst can result in more than one bullet hitting in an attack.
- Add calendar support. Set the in-game world date with the Set Date macro. To elapse days, use the "Next Day" macro. Characters automatically recover HP, MP, and their Sanity Thresholds are reset, and characters with a Major Wound get a prompt every 7 days to roll for CON to recover.
- Add Combined Challenges. These challenges are used when characters combine their Strength or Size to achieve a task (p. 88 of the rulebook).
- Add Selected Damage Roll macro. Can quickly inflict damage on characters, and checks for Major Wound.
- Add Group Roll macros, to quickly do group Idea and group Luck rolls.
- Add Heal macros. There can be used to quickly heal up a character, and to remove Major Wounds if HP reaches half of maximum HP.
- Add Age macro. Can age characters, changing APP & EDU if need be, and providing prompts to change STR/SIZ/DEX/CON. Not currently linked to the calendar macros.
- Add Rule tables to display rules for Combat, Damage, Firearms and Chases.
- Change Selected Rest macro: each picture now have the character name as a tooltip.
- Change Development Phase macro. It can now also do a Luck improvement roll, as well as updating finances and Credit Rating.
- Change Attack macro: characters no longer select themselves as targets by default.
- Slightly faster character sheet.
- Faster "Pick Gear from List" frame.
- Move the GM macros in the Campaign tab to the new GM tab.
- Change so code from Campaign/GM macros is now moved to Lib:coc. This should make updating these macros easier in the future.
- Rename TokenManager UDF json.toVars and json.reverse to tm.json.toVars and tm.json.reverse so they don't clash with new json macros.
- Rename "Montant" and "Quand" to "Amount" and "When".
- Remove "onMouseOver" library (unused by framework). You can add it back easily.
- Fix macro crash when indefinite insanity is triggered.
- Fix ticks not removed from skills after the PC development phase. Add sanity bonus if skill reaches 90%.
- Requires MapTool 1.5.7
Update 3.13 (10/12/2019)
- Add prompt for INT roll when losing more than 5 SAN, and CON roll when receiving a Major Wound.
- Add calculation for default Cash and Assets in Inventory when the SkillPeriod is set to Twenties or Modern.
- Add calculation of Spending Level based on Credit Rating. It is displayed in Inventory when the SkillPeriod is set to Twenties or Modern.
- Fix bug where an error message shows up on a successful roll.
- Add a proper error message if user tries to use a character sheet for a token on another map.
- Inventory tooltips for notes don't show if there is no note to show.
Update 3.12 (10/9/2019)
- Add Credit Rating to the list of skills that can't be improved by development rolls by default
- Skills that can't be improved can no longer be ticked for experience
- EXP macro now displays improvement rolls in tooltip for validation
- Add link to automatically tick a skill for improvement when a success is rolled. Can be disabled by the GM clicking "AutoTick Mode" button in the Campaign panel
- Improve speed of generating Skills in character sheet
Update 3.11 (10/5/2019)
- Change weapons & equipment macros to make use of json.path.read
- Add back "Nationality" field. Only displayed if Birthplace or Residence are missing
- Add macro to Open Character Sheet through the Selection / Impersonation window
- Fix bug with coc.inStr not returning value
- Fix Delete Skill / Delete Weapon button on character sheet deleting property of wrong character
- Fix incorrect calculation of Mov (old code compared Str vs Dex instead of Str vs Siz)
- Remove APP, EDU and LUK from monster campaign properties
- Add map with pre-generated investigators
- Add Deep One, Deep One Hybrid, and Tcho-Tchos thanks to TraylTank
Update 3.10 (9/7/2019)
- Fixed bug when "EXP" macro is ran on non-character token.
- Fixed bug with Visible macro where a visible token would get the Hidden state.
- Removed the flickering when creating an explosive.
- Improve the way the character sheet refreshes when the token is modified.
- Some frames now have shorter tabs when minimized.
- Turned some functions into UDFs for readability.
- Changed default Character Sheet window size to better fit the content.
Update 3.9 (7/29/2019):
- Fixed bug where new bombs couldn't get created because of token ID issues.
- Fixed bug where some players wouldn't receive their damage prompt in Private mode.
- GMs now receive the damage prompt of offline players.
- Better error message if a player click on a damage prompt for a token that has been removed.
Update 3.8 (7/27/2019):
- Remove dependancy on "Perso" light source.
- Fixed issues with strange formatting of top of character sheet.
Update 3.7 (7/24/2019):
- Cleaned up Initiative code.
- New option to Ready Firearm, which provides a +50 Initiative bonus.
Update 3.6 (7/23/2019):
- Vehicle token size no longer changes as Build decreases.
Update 3.5 (7/17/2019):
- Fixed bug with Autosize toggle.
- Removed deprecated properties from Lib:coc.
Update 3.4 (7/16/2019):
- Corrected bug with the Show Handout feature where it wouldn't display.
- New feature for handouts: you can now specify the width and height the handout will open at.
Update 3.3 (7/13/2019)
- Monsters! and Vehicles! now spawn their token at the center of the screen instead of at (0,0)
- Whisper functions put in their own library
- Library renamed from "Lib:gm" to "Lib:coc"
- UDFs renamed to start with "coc."
Update 3.2 (7/12/2019)
- Fixes to the handouts library.
Update 3.1 (7/12/2019)
- Replaced "Nationality" field with "Residence" and "Birthplace fields.
- Cleaned up the code for the Notes & GM Notes systems.
Update 3.0 (7/11/2019)
- Vehicles! You can click "Vehicles" in the Campaign menu to spawn a vehicle. They take damage according to the rules, and have their own character sheet. Characters can't board them (yet).
- Changed internal variable "Deplacement" to "MOV".
Update 2.13 (7/10/2019)
- Fixed bug where the character sheet would no longer bed valid after server start.
- Fixed bug with shotgun not working right.
Update 2.12 (7/08/2019)
- Fixed bug where explosive would not go away in case of failed roll.
- Al tokens with a number in CurHP can now be attacked.
Update 2.11 (7/08/2019)
- New Lib:gm variable "UnitsInYard" makes range calculation work with different units of distance. Set it to 3 if you use feet instead of yards (default 1).
- Replaced the non-working RegEx function in the Inventory & Disorders systems.
Update 2.10 (7/07/2019)
- Added new macro "Selected Sanity Roll". You can know select characters and run this macro to send links through the chat for sanity rolls. If clicked,these links will roll for sanity and characters will automatically lose the appropriate sanity according to their rolls.
Update 2.9 (7/06/2019)
- Fixed bug where explosive would provide vision for the PCs.
- Clicking to cast a spell now provides a chat message to automatically deduce the cost in MP/SAN/POW.
Update 2.8 (7/05/2019)
- Various improvement to the caching system for the sheet. Most noticeable is that ammo can now be spent / reloaded much more quickly.
- Props can now be given HPs. If the GM edit the field "CurHP" to be a number, the prob will be attackable through the attack system and will take damage like a character/creature. Useful to make barricades, doors to be bashed in, etc.
- Removed various unused User Defined Functions.
- Improve "Find Token" macro to work with tokens with identical names or commas in them.
Update 2.7 (7/04/2019)
- The range for the Molotov Cocktail, Rock, Spear & War Boomerang should now work correctly with the attack system.
- New difficulty to pick while attacking: Guaranteed, and Miss only on Fumble. The later is recommended by the rulebook for some types of surprise attacks (p.102).
- New explosives system! You can now specify a radius of explosion for weapons. When clicked, these weapons will spawn a bomb token. Move the token where you want to use the explosive, press "Detonate" on the bomb's sheet, and prepare for massive damage!
Update 2.6 (7/02/2019)
- Moved some more of the sheet formatting to the CSS sheets.
- Tweaked the style very slighly.
Update 2.5 (7/02/2019)
- Fixed bug where a new token would have every skill when using Token Setup.
- Using Token Setup now restores the calculation of properties (MaxHP, Build, etc.) if they were changed.
- Added option to modify a monster's armor through their character sheet.
Update 2.4 (7/02/2019)
- Improved character sheet refreshment behavior.
- Fixed bugs while using the "Token Setup" function.
- Speed up loading time of framework by removing ressources depositories.
- Fixed bug with Selected Rest displaying incorrect message if frame was canceled.
- Fixed bug with Selected Roll / PC roll / NPC roll macros.
Update 2.3 (7/01/2019)
- Fixed bug where the character sheet would not refresh correctly after an attack
- Fixed bug where the outcome of an attack wouldn't be displayed correctly to the chatbox
Update 2.2 (7/01/2019)
- Themes added! Each player can select a theme for their character sheet. The themes available are Basic (black & yellow from older version), Twenties, Delta Green, and Achtung. Each theme is defined in a CSS sheet.
Update 2.1 (6/27/2019)
- Added new functionality to Lib:Handouts, now the handouts can be forced to be displayed to chosen players without them clicking.
Update 2.0 (6/26/2019)
- Individual parts of the character sheet are now cached separably - this improves speed by a lot!
- New combat system implemented! By clicking on the name of a weapon, the player now gains access to a combat system where they can pick their target, and click to claim bonus/penalty dice. Once the roll is over the owner of the target is given a prompt that if clicked will automatically update the HP of target.
- Cosmetic change to the "Selected Rest" macro.
- Shotguns now show their damage at all ranges.
- Extreme damage & Impales are now displayed in case of an extreme success while using a weapon.
- New PC/NPC variables TrackSAN and TrackWound, which if set to 1 forces use of the sanity/wound system for the token, and if set to zero disable these systems.
- New "indefinite insanity" tracking system (disabled by default). If the characters are able to rest in a safe place, the GM (or player) can use the campaign macro "Selected Rest", which will reset the indefinite insanity threshold for the selected PCs & NPCs. The threshold is equals to 4/5 of the sanity of a character. If the sanity of a character reaches or goes below the threshold, a warning is sent to the owner of the token & the GM telling them the character is indefinitely insane. Check page 156 of the Keeper's guide for the rules.
- Fixed up the Inventory/Spells/Sanity/Wounds systems, hopefully for goo
- Armors are now part of the inventory system; items can be set to be equitable, and can provide a bonus to armor.
- Some token properties (Build, Damage Bonus, Move Rate, etc) are now updated dynamically.
- Corrected some weapon information.
- Fixed bugs where the era system wouldn't deal with weapons correctly.
- Fixed bugs caused by adding or deleting an item/spell while modifying an item/spell.
- Fixed bugged bonus/penalty dice where the unit die was rolled multiple times.
Download Merudo's Framework: https://mega.nz/file/LMAzxAIY#Cm0jLlPkK ... 1jjevpwdVo