A good while ago I was working on this framework, initially building on suntzu777's Numenera & The Strange Framework:
The above had some minor bugs, and I'm honestly not sure how much of any of it remains in my version, but I don't think I'd have even begun with building anything without suntzu777's ideas.
Now, I was coding this for a group that was to play online. However, this plan never came to fruition. In effect, my work on this also halted and so far, I haven't finished what I have envisioned.
Yet, I don't want it to just sit around my computer without a better fate. So, I will release it here; perhaps people will find some use to it.
For now, I include a player character which has a load of options and an NPC that should have all that necessary to handle it. There a few Campaign options as well. I established the Campaign Properties and MapTool Properties. Everything should work, but no live testing has be done to verify this.
I want to finish it in the future, but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon. One day, I will also include detailed documentation. Most of the macros should be intuitive enough, yet I wouldn't be surprised if You'd need some exploration to figure everything out.
Ultimately, I would like to add more extensive Campaign options, include resources from all official (and perhaps unofficial) resources, which also covers token and portrait images, add random generators for the GM, and polish what's in there already. Adding every cypher, artefact, character option, etc. consumes a lot of time. Adding tokens less so and I will leave that for the very end. I have no idea when I will come around all of this, probably years. Do expect occasional updates in this thread.
If You would like to try this Numenera Framework, please mind that You need to increase the Java stack size to 7 in the launcher for some weighty macros not to cause a crash, such as the Character Editor.
You are free to tweak and modify this according to Your needs. Please report any bugs, other issues, requests, ideas and questions below. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License:
- Fixed Mutation roll macro (Cosmetic mutations in Character Options 1 don't exist and this caused problems + added notification to update Character).
- Updated Whisper to player template Campaign macro with instructions.
- Fixed Damage from Hazards Macro (didn't affect Pools and Pool bars).
- Removed some redundant Campaign macros.
- Added missing Ghibra from Descriptors in the Character Edit macro.
- Fixed a typo (Glint Player Intrusion) in the Player Intrusions macro.
- added some missing Descriptor prefixes in the Character Edit macro, which could result in missing values (thank You Clagor for reporting)
- initial release, includes:
- textual resources from: Numenera Discovery, Numenera Destiny, Character Options 1, Character Options 2, and Torment Tides of Numenera - The Explorers Guide
- Player Intrusions for Glint and Seeker (from Character Options 2) of my own design, read more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/numenera/comme ... nd_seeker/
- rest of this list to be populated at a later date
The latest vresion is: v1.02